It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security to scan fingerprints of travellers exiting the US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Homeland Security to scan fingerprints of travellers exiting the US

www.itnews.com.au

The US Department of Homeland Security is set to kickstart a controversial new pilot to scan the fingerprints of travellers departing the United States.

From June, US Customs and Border Patrol will take a fingerprint scan of travellers exiting the United States from Detroit, while the US Transport Security Administration will take fingerprint scans of international travellers exiting the United States from Atlanta.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
This doesn't surprise me: The collection of identifying characteristics continues. Soon enough there will be one nice, neat little file for all of us with everything from DNA to fingerprints to biometric information. Just in case and, of course, for our protection.

Apparently there is nothing that can be done about this one except get the word out. It looks like they are already going forward with the plan. Tell everyone you know: if you travel, expect to be fingerprinted.

TA

www.itnews.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I saw an article last night about a guy being detained for not having any fingerprints as he entered the country. I did not understand why they even knew, now I get the idea.

Patients undergoing a common treatment for cancer are being warned to carry medical documentation when traveling abroad because the drug can make their fingerprints disappear.

A cancer sufferer was detained at an airport in the United States when immigration officials were unable to take a print from his fingers, his doctor has revealed.

Immigration officials held the patient for several hours before they allowed him to enter the country.

foxnews.com

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

I just read about that. The poor guy was detained just because the chemo he had taken made his fingerprints disappear. Wonderful way to treat someone who's battling cancer...

TA

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Coming back from overseas last month, they were taking fingerprints from non citizens on scanners in Houston. They have electronic scanners that take all ten fingerprints and store them electronically. This is added into the US database along with the scanned information from foriegn passports. Everybody going through customs was fingerprinted if they didn't have a US passport. They already have the fingerprints of US passport holders so it doesn't seem like much is new.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
So now they have to take my fingerprints for my safety? My passport is no longer enough. Can anyone say... **Papers please** in German? Sounds like we'll need to learn it.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

so it doesn't seem like much is new.

And that's what's so sad about it. This is America but we're inured to this kind of treatment by the government. It used to be "innocent until proven guilty" now it's "we're going to make databases of anything that can be used to identify you and lists of people who *might* cause trouble, whether you've done anything or not. Just in case, and for your protection."

TA

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
So what happens if I refuse to give my fingerprints? They get you when you're leaving the country, if they did it as a form of entry I could choose to stay in my own country. If I refuse do I go to GITMO?

Crazy things are happening to the US and you're letting them do it. Get your representatives in order. The People need to mobilize against these people. Let them know who they work for. I'm not talking about violence. Organize political groups and if the Reps. don't want to do what the people want then find someone who does. Let them know their cushy job is on the line.

Deez

[edit on 29-5-2009 by DEEZNUTZ]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by DEEZNUTZ

So what happens if I refuse to give my fingerprints? They get you when you're leaving the country, if they did it as a form of entry I could choose to stay in my own country. If I refuse do I go to GITMO?

Not a clue. They'll likely detain you until you just let them print you.

Crazy things are happening to the US and you're letting them do it. Get your representatives in order. The People need to mobilize against these people. Let them know who they work for. I'm not talking about violence. Organize political groups and if the Reps. don't want to do what the people want then find someone who does. Let them know their cushy job is on the line.

Crazy things indeed, but the average person here has very little say in it. Our choice for president is NWO puppet #1 or NWO puppet #2. All the reps have either been gotten to or are just stooges. If you write your reps, all you get is an automated reply (or that's all i've ever gotten anyway). If we tried to mobilize we'd be put on the DHS watch list and picked up for the first available excuse. They've got things locked down tight, only thing we can do is keep our heads down and wait.

TA

new topics

top topics

join