It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollow Moon Theory physically is Possible.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
reply to post by Dorfl

you can't observe the shape of the moon form earth. It could be egg-shaped and you wouldn't know as long as the 'tip' is pointed away from earth.

If it was, one of these would surely have spotted it by now.

I know...and if your read the rest of that post you would see that I find it highly unlikely and was joking about it with justsomeboreddude.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
Everyone knows the Moon isn't hollow. It is full of delicious cream filling.

Cream filling? Darn, I was hoping for nouget! That mysterious alien MRE material. *smirk*

As for the OP, well, the moon could theoretically be hollow, it wouldn't affect it's center of gravity much as assuming a balanced outer layer of chocolate and creamy nouget... er, um, sorry... hungry this morning.

I would have to wonder about having a lopsided sphere, though. Something like that would cause the moon to either wobble noticebly or actually have an axes that was not dead center through the center of the sphere. I haven't seen any evidence to that fact.

You are very right in the moon being wierd, though. It contains minerals found on earth and everything about it says that at least some of it is from primordial earth. If it was caused by a rouge planet hitting earth, though, it would have to have been during the first 500M revolutions of the planet while it was still a blob of goo, otherwise, it would have made something of an impression (all puns intended) on the planet. Course plate techtonics could have covered that up (oy another pun) by now.

Good thread, though. Got me thinking at least. Almost as good as coffee.

[edit on 5-29-2009 by rogerstigers]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Now don't get me wrong I am not by any means suggesting there is a huge cavern beneath the moon's mantle. I am suggesting however the possibility that there may be small pockets that have formed due to the centrifugal, and gravitational forces at work during the time the moon was cooling.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Now don't get me wrong I am not by any means suggesting there is a huge cavern beneath the moon's mantle. I am suggesting however the possibility that there may be small pockets that have formed due to the centrifugal, and gravitational forces at work during the time the moon was cooling.

Oh do you mean like cave systems on Earth? Or are you talking much bigger.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

Exactly, sort of like cavern systems on earth, lava tubes, pockets of empty space where as the moon cooled and the core retreated and shrank leaving behind openings beneath the crust.

Nothing huge by any stretch but something tangible. Im not even getting at a dome like space, just the formation of caverns left behind from a cooling lunar core.

[edit on 5/29/2009 by whatukno]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
From what Ive researched the evidence points to hollow areas in the moon of much bigger than just a frw metres, infact, it seems certain that the moon is perhaps extremely hollow after all.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

I think he means that essentially the moon's internal structure is somewhat like a sponge.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Dorfl

Yes, of course, but you know ATS - some of the good folk reading this would think you were serious. In a day or two the moon-landing-was-faked crowd would be presenting us with hard-to-refute arguments for an egg-shaped moon...

To add:

Originally posted by rogerstigers

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
Everyone knows the Moon isn't hollow. It is full of delicious cream filling.

Cream filling? Darn, I was hoping for nouget! That mysterious alien MRE material. *smirk*

Citizens, I fear I must disappoint you.

It is gorgonzola.

And:

reply to post by DaMod

Yes, I like the idea of a moon like a petrified sponge. And then the density of the moon is roughly 3/5 the density of Earth; if it's made of the same stuff, that sounds like lots of it could be hollow. Density of the moon

Wonder what's inside?

[edit on 30/5/09 by Astyanax]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join