It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists identify new lethal virus in Africa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Scientists identify new lethal virus in Africa

news.yahoo.com

ATLANTA – Scientists have identified a lethal new virus in Africa that causes bleeding like the dreaded Ebola virus. The so-called "Lujo" virus infected five people in Zambia and South Africa last fall. Four of them died, but a fifth survived, perhaps helped by a medicine recommended by the scientists.

It's not clear how the first person became infected, but the bug comes from a family of viruses found in rodents, said Dr. Ian Lipkin, a Columbia University epidemiologist involved in the ...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Well, its not a flu, and it seems that it is only transmitable through contact with bodiliy fluids.

God forbid a virus like this becomes airborne. This would make swine flu look like a little sniffle.

The one thing that bugs me is that they bring this virus to study in New York (Columbia University) and Atlanta (CDC). What if this thing got loose in a large American City.

Also, I have a question for those who know more about biology than I do: Is it possible for a virus like this monster to mix with and mutate with a flu virus like swine flu?

If the answer to that question is yes, talk about de-population in a hurry.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Duplicate Thread

Please post all comments in the ongoing discussion...

On Going Discussion

Closing

Thank you

Semper

join