It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens NOT Alien to Earth... ROAR!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Consider this an open-ended hypothetical possibility, not something I personally am firm in believing but a theory I consider to at least be probable... I'll keep things really basic.

...Long ago, before people, there were Dinosaurs. (duh) They ruled the earth for a period far longer than mankind has.

...They evolved into intelligent, sentient beings.

Over the course of millions of years, they developed many advanced technologies.

When the earth's climate changed, becoming too cool for comfort, they adapted by hiding underground, where it was warm. Some fled to nearby solar systems thought to harbor hospitable planets.

Keep in mind, our civilization has only been around for a few thousand years. Saurian intelligence would have had at minimum 65 million years to develop their technology.

After the freeze of the ice age had subsided, some emerged only to find us inhabiting their once lush planet. (How angry they would be with what we do to it these days!)

They influenced and guided early civilisation, evidence of which can be found in ancient artwork and achitecture from all areas of the world. Perhaps they were the blood-thirsty gods of the ancient world...

We know them as "Aliens" yet we are like invaders to them if you think about it.

I find this theory to be at least more probable than the extraterrestrial assumption. (although I don't discount the possibility for existance of life outside earth)

If I had more time, I'd construct a very well reasoned, researched, and scientific report but I don't have time so it goes in skunkworks. (Im at work right now)

Please feel free to add on to this theory, drawing from your beliefs and imagination.

More info below....................

From Wikipedia:

The "Dinosauroid"

A model of the hypothetical Dinosauroid.In 1982, paleontologist Dale Russell, curator of vertebrate fossils at the National Museum of Canada in Ottawa, speculated on how evolution would have proceeded if the troodonts had survived the extincton of the dinosaurs. Russell speculated that a species like Troodon would have grown smarter and taken on a human-like appearance. Russell partnered with taxidermist and artist Ron Sequin and together they made a model of what a derived, intelligent Troodon would look like, naming their fantasy creation a "Dinosauroid" (Russell & Séguin, 1982). While a few paleontologists, such as David Norman (1985) and Cristiano dal Sasso (2004) have regarded this as a plausible line of reasoning, others, such as Gregory S. Paul (1988) and Thomas R. Holtz Jr., consider it "suspiciously human" (Paul, 1988) and argue that a large-brained, highly intelligent troodontid would retain a more standard theropod body plan. Darren Naish has suggested the ground hornbill as a better model for a hominid-mimicking terrestrial theropod.

Dinosauroid Pictures:

Relevant Articles:
Dinosauroids and mythology

Article on Dinosaurids

Dinosaurids in Star Trek

[edit on 28-5-2009 by mostlyspoons]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I think this could be a plausible explanation.

As far as dinosaurs evolving into conscious beings. That's quite a long period of time (mind you, if evolution exists) for a species to move to the point of establishing their own technologies.

Very interesting thread.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
If you want to hypothetically say the Theory of Evolution is a fact, then you can hypothetically come up with this new theory.

Although like 0.000001 percent of people on earth think it's possible, while the other percent think it was made all at once, or within a few days weeks.

I think to further your theory you would need evidence supporting it, I mean would the dinosaurs have gone completely NASA on us, or did they just more or less neandrethals, basic human experiences.

I think the 'The Knowing" theory is my favorite thus far!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
this is an entertaining idea. leave it at that.

if this suppsoed "pre historic" culture exists then it would have to have been VERY long ago or fairly small to avoid any detection whatsover.

even if your theory were true. the species that became advanced (according to this theory) would have it's own fossil record. the possiblities from this point are so staggering it's hard to even concieve a likely postion for you.

looking for aliens is like looking for a grain of sugar in a salt shaker. either they're here and they're so advanced we will never find them or they're not here at all.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Hello,

i know it is a bit late for a reply but i could not resist doing so what so ever.
Firstly i would like to say that your hypothesis is pretty solid and not at all far fetched.

Now, since this is a hypothesis, no materialistic proof is required to support anything one has to add to the already stated points.

I would like to start by opposing by saying that if dinosaurs really evolved into sentient beings over the period of millions of years then physical evidence of their civilization must have been discovered by now just as dinosaur fossils have been. If anyone were to say that nothing from their civilization got preserved for us to dig out, i would say if dinosaur bones (which would be much older) could get preserved for so long then why not remnants of their civilization? Just as we found dinosaur remains why did we not find the remains of those sentient beings?

Now i would like to oppose my own contradictions against the original hypothesis by saying that the reason why we did not find any remains of the past civilization is because its miles beneath the ocean bed? or it could be that they are right beneath our own homes, miles beneath the soil for us to never discover? we were just lucky to find the few remains of the ancient dinosaurs wherever nature could preserve them. Maybe the sentient beings burned their dead instead of burying them?
For example if we someday flee the earth and leave behind our cities and technologies to nature and in a course of millions of years the areas we inhabited got covered in ocean and became unreachable for a future generation of sentient beings who would have access only to areas where we never lived in like in the depths of the amazon forest they would most likely find nothing but animal remains that too with luck that nature would preserve any.

In conclusion i would like to say that i completely agree with all that has been said in the original hypothesis, that truly it may have been that the dinosaurs had evolved into sentient beings, soon became space faring and fled the earth when faced with possible extinction or went underground or did both. Maybe with their technology they live among us even today or, in some desolate land which we can never discover or deep beneath the soil where we never got to venture into. Or, the ones who chose to live on the earth gradually died out knowing their species is thriving in some other part of the galaxy leaving this world to its new rulers who they might have had a hand in bringing up or not.

top topics

join