It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Wrong Side of the Tracks

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
OK ATS, this is my first attempt at any kind of story, please be kind. haha.

OK ATS this is my first EVER attempt at any kind of story. I'd really like to start writing them, so please be nice haha

The Other Side of the Tracks

Over the years a story developed around my area. It was a rather strange one, it involved a stretch of railroad tracks in the middle of a field. These tracks went straight through my town. I'd always been interested as to where the tracks led to, but what was beyond them was more of a mystery. My dad told me there was a child snatcher that would come into our town and kidnap kids, then take them back over the tracks. I kind of believed him, but to be honest, there were too many stories to believe.

In the summer of 1995 me and a few friends decided to find out what was over them tracks. We made a plan, it involved us gathering up supplies of candy and soft drinks, telling our folks we were staying at each others houses, setting up a campsite then heading over there in the morning. We all agreed morning was best, none of us admitted we were too afraid of the dark.

Night time approached and we set off into the field, we made our camp then fell straight to sleep. All we could think about was finding out the truth. While we were trying to get some rest, my friend Jimmy asked each of us what was beyond the tracks. We all made up fantastic ideas, so we didn't scare ourselves.

Morning crept onto us and before we knew it, it was almost noon. All of our parents would be wondering what we were up to by now. So we packed up our stuff and headed out. We walked onto the tracks, hesitated, then carried on walking. We were men. No longer did our childhood fears consume us anymore. Strutting along with sticks for guns we came to a stop. An old cottage could be seen in the distance, the child catchers house ran through our minds. We each looked at one another and with a gulp, carried on.

We entered the house. A stench of sour milk filled the air, halfway through the house it got worse. I gagged and ran toward the back. I opened a door to another room as quick as I could, and there I seen them. My parents. Everyones parents. Dead.

The End.




posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RenDMC
 


Is there a such thing as "A Good Headache" NO!!!


I had to switch a "TRAIN" of thought during mid Story Consumption to view what I read.

I will have to take note of this Treachery and warn myself before reading anymore of your Stories...

You got Me fair and Square.. I'll be watching you.. LOL



posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrangeJuice
reply to post by RenDMC
 


Is there a such thing as "A Good Headache" NO!!!


I had to switch a "TRAIN" of thought during mid Story Consumption to view what I read.

I will have to take note of this Treachery and warn myself before reading anymore of your Stories...

You got Me fair and Square.. I'll be watching you.. LOL


haha, thanks for playing let's see what you won....

I know it sucks, I'm a rapper and usually I make up some story before I do a song. Just sort of impulse writing and write down any old junk.

Thanks for your input.



posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by RenDMC
 


NO NO NO Ren,


This is Sarcasm. Your story does not Suck, it Threw me for a Loop when you Switched from Kidnapping guy to Dead People.

That was Good. I gave you an A



posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrangeJuice
reply to post by RenDMC
 


NO NO NO Ren,


This is Sarcasm. Your story does not Suck, it Threw me for a Loop when you Switched from Kidnapping guy to Dead People.

That was Good. I gave you an A


No honestly, it does suck haha.

But thank you for your review and thumb up haha. I'm sending this one to Speilberg. Or Speilburg, his lower budget cousin.



posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by RenDMC
 


Is the story True?

Do you really have a Creepy part of town where kids are Forbidden to go?

I had one too in my city. We couldn't play at Pughes Park, my oldest cousin said the Devil would come out of the ground if we did. ...

and there was a stone stuck in the ground where the park entrance was, a kid was shot there when it first opened...



posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrangeJuice
reply to post by RenDMC
 


Is the story True?

Do you really have a Creepy part of town where kids are Forbidden to go?

I had one too in my city. We couldn't play at Pughes Park, my oldest cousin said the Devil would come out of the ground if we did. ...

and there was a stone stuck in the ground where the park entrance was, a kid was shot there when it first opened...


We have old train tunnels around here, where you have to walk down a steep hill to get to them. There are homeless people who live in them and shout the most randomest things in there. Anywho, they lead all the way round in a circle and in one of the more longer tunnels someone has drawn pentagrams and stuff. I really should go down and take pictures of them, it's such a scary place.



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join