It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Do They Keep Astronauts Quite?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   

How do they keep Astronauts quiet?

Not very well, apparently...

Astronauts Talk

[edit on 29-5-2009 by mostlyspoons]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I think astronauts 'keep quiet' because their perspective is distinct from the majority of people. They are highly educated (PHds etc) and trained. Where most people see an unusual STS video and 'know' it's proof of aliens or ET craft, NASA and astronauts don't. It isn't how scientists work. A good video linked by Armap yesterday in this thread is very interesting....

Now, a lot of us normal folk will see space critters, aliens and NASA cover-ups (OMG! He focuses on it!). An astronaut/scientist sees an example of unusual phenomena requiring further study. There isn't a conspiracy of silence as there's no alien superhighway to be quiet about.

Also...I agree with Zorgon's point...if things were seen...PENSION!

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Astronauts are kept 'quiet' about what they think about UFO reports by an industry and mob mentality in the pro-UFO culture that reports any and all faked 'pro-UFO quote', censors astronauts' real explanations of strange stuff they are supposed to have seen, and fantasizes a band of cowardly careerists to explain away testimony that is inconvenient to the public's UFO credulity.

How many examples do you want? How about the Frank Borman 'bogie' comment from Gemini-7 in 1965? He has explained and explained the motivation behind that comment (not a UFO) -- but do you ever see his explanation offered on a pro-UFO website?

Censorship. Coverup. Closed minds. By the pro-UFO campaigners.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Could it be because...*gasp*...they've got nothing to keep quiet about!

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mostlyspoons

How do they keep Astronauts quiet?

Not very well, apparently. [link]..

How many of those alleged 'quotations' do you think are totally bogus to feed the masses?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Another Illuminati web page.

Same old writers or sons of writers going back to the
Majestic hooey days and Roswell.

Never find the official truth page.
Same with Tesla.

They all lie for the Illuminati.

ED: How. Payola... They have a web page full of their
sightings. Mass media will never hunt them down for a big
story because UFOs and 911 are no touch zones.
They are all hiding in some mining town for all the media
cares about UFOs ETs and 911.
The lies about Tesla have just about sealed every ones chances
of knowing about anti gravity.
And Tesla said Einstein and Illuminati science was wrong so
guess where the truth lies, in some mining town with the
astronauts.

[edit on 5/29/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

PENSION

Any astronaut to bring this stuff out would make millions in a book deal, so no i don't think the pension argument is a good one sorry.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

You asked :
How Do They Keep Astronauts [Quiet]?

Maybe like this -

Apollo 1

The Fire
The crew members were reclining in their horizontal couches, running through a checklist when a voltage transient was recorded at 6:30:54 (23:30:54 GMT). Ten seconds later (at 6:31:04) Chaffee said, "Hey..." Scuffling sounds followed for three seconds before Grissom shouted "Fire!" Chaffee then reported, "We've got a fire in the cockpit," and White said "Fire in the cockpit!"

After nearly ten seconds of frenetic movement noises Chaffee yelled, "We've got a bad fire! Let's get out! We're burning up! We're on fire! Get us out of here!" Some witnesses said they saw Ed White on the television monitors, reaching for the hatch release handle as flames in the cabin spread from left to right and licked the window. Only 17 seconds after the first indication by crew of any fire, the transmission ended abruptly at 6:31:21 with a scream of pain as the cabin ruptured after rapidly expanding gases from the fire overpressurized the CM to 29 psi.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/213acfce4214.jpg[/atsimg]
The Aftermath
According to the Apollo 204 Review Board, Grissom suffered severe third degree burns on over a third of his body and his spacesuit was mostly destroyed. White suffered third degree burns on almost half of his body and a quarter of his spacesuit had melted away. Chaffee suffered third degree burns over almost a quarter of his body and a small portion of his spacesuit was damaged. It was later confirmed the crew had died of smoke inhalation with burns contributing. It is unknown how badly the astronauts were burned before they lost consciousness. In later lawsuits brought by Gus Grissom's widow Betty Grissom there were claims the astronauts had lived longer than NASA claimed publicly.

To its dismay, the review board found the documentation for CM-012 so lacking that they were at times unable to determine what had been installed in the spacecraft or what was in it at the time of the accident.

Source : Wikipedia

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

your argument breaks down when they retire , or loose thier flight status due to ill health etc

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
there is a reason Neil Armstrong, upon returning to earth, quit and never said 4 words about anything moon related again.

UTTER TWADDLE

he has given many interviews , appeared in documentaries , authored books about his carreer

PS - he continued to work for nasa untill 1971 - and served on the investigation into the apolo 13 incident

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Anybody buy a book on aliens lately.
They don't sell.
They are out there to hoodwink the public.
And control the information highway.
Go against the official word on aliens and ufos
just does not happen because its put a stop to in various ways.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
Any astronaut to bring this stuff out would make millions in a book deal, so no i don't think the pension argument is a good one sorry.

Edgar Mitchell has been on tour talking about it for years... I do not see him making millions... I see him getting ridiculed a lot though..

So added to pension, I would say IF they saw something, they would keep silent because of ridicule.

[edit on 30-5-2009 by zorgon]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
Censorship. Coverup. Closed minds. By the pro-UFO campaigners.

Ah... kinda like the Censorship. Coverup. and Closed minds of the Anti UFO campaigners?

So in ArMaP's STS 80 clip, what would YOU say they are looking at?

Just the facts please, thanks

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Edgar Mitchell has been on tour talking about it for years... I do not see him making millions... I see him getting ridiculed a lot though..

So added to pension, I would say IF they saw something, they would keep silent because of ridicule.

[edit on 30-5-2009 by zorgon]

There is a problem again. f they went and saw something on their first flight and were amazed, thought the world have to know etc, i can't think they'd mull it over and ridicule would be the key problem. When something like that comes from an astronaut that is in their prime it is very different to Edgar Mitchell who many can write off as being near the end of his life and wanting a little bit of attention.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Professionalism, Integrity & Loyalty. As most astronauts are military trained prior to joining NASA they have to be loyal & professional.

I'm not sure what the ratio is of how many thousands of people who actually try to become astronauts and those who make it, but I imagine in order to make it to that level you'd have already been trusted with many secrets - integrity.

You also have to consider that by not showing how much is known by NASA they are keeping the upper hand over less friendly nations who don't have as much if any experience in space. Letting them know what you know tips off people what you don't know etc. After all it cost billions of dollars to go up there and learn in order to have an edge.

Remember it's not always what you know, but who you know.

Once your in the in crowd with rare knowledge, why would you risk losing that for the rest of your life?

Personally, I think if one wanted to see an ET on earth all you'd have to do is go mingle with the crowd at KSC prior to a launch and you just might run into one or two. After all if they're intent on watching us up there, they probably are watching it the whole way.

[edit on 30-5-2009 by verylowfrequency]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Don't know if it applies to astronauts but found this quote to be quite interesting from US Navy Pilot Lieutenant Frederick Fox:

"There is a [military] publication called JANAP 146E that has a section that says you will not reveal any information regarding the UFO phenomenon under penalty of $10,000 fine and ten years in jail. So the secret has been kept."
US Navy Pilot, Lieutenant Frederick Fox- Disclosure, pp. 145, 146

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
If you want to keep persons quiet here is one technique you could use:
Put the target persons under hypnosis.
Bring them back to the events you don`t want them to talk about.
Combine this with physical pain (i.e. hit the solar plexus).
Every time the target remembers the event it experience the pain.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I would say IF they saw something, they would keep silent because of ridicule.

Of course, if they explain they saw nothing and the UFO claims are garbage, they are viciously attacked by UFO buffs -- so doesn't that balance out?

EG Frank Borman, Story Musgrave, Scott Carpenter... all trying to dispell bogus UFO tall tales attached to their names...

Both Mitchell and Cooper, men of no fear, make it clear -- nobody ever instructed them what to say or not say about UFOs.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Of course, if they explain they saw nothing and the UFO claims are garbage, they are viciously attacked by UFO buffs

Greetings Jim,

Please post examples of this occurring.

Thanks.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Of course, if they explain they saw nothing and the UFO claims are garbage, they are viciously attacked by UFO buffs

Greetings Jim,

Please post examples of this occurring.

Thanks.

Fairs fair. Sauce for the goose, for the gander etc...

Whenever you start to respond positively to such challenges for documentation of your claims, I'll respond to your requests as well.

[edit on 30-5-2009 by JimOberg]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join