It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Do They Keep Astronauts Quite?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I had a bit of a thought today. When astronauts are up in space, lollying around in zero gravity and apparantly seeing real craft flying in and out of the atmosphere, how does the government keep them quiet? I mean threatening their loved ones wouldn't work that well because the astornaut would simply have to publicise that threat with their claims and if their family were kileld the government would be destroyed.

So if these craft exist, if they are flying around in space and being seen, then how are the astronauts kept quiet? Do they lie to them and tell them they are experimental craft? Even if they do the astronauts would realise these craft break the known laws of physics.

Just something i wondered.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
There is a very simple explanation. The few anomalous sightings we know astronauts have had, the ones they are public about, are the only things they have seen.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
If you had the opportunity to go into space, the only catch was ,disclose nothing, wouldn't you do it?

I would.

Keep in mind, that if something is to be said, about anything extraterrestrial, it would have conveyed through not so conventional methods.
Lets say Neil Armstrong say UFO's, he cannot jump on his soapbox, and spout the truth.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by reticledc
If you had the opportunity to go into space, the only catch was ,disclose nothing, wouldn't you do it?

I would agree and then when i saw stuff i would spill everything, to as many peopel as i could in as little time as possible.

Originally posted by reticledc
Keep in mind, that if something is to be said, about anything extraterrestrial, it would have conveyed through not so conventional methods.
Lets say Neil Armstrong say UFO's, he cannot jump on his soapbox, and spout the truth.

Of course he can. Give me good reasons why he couldn't? He's retired after all.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
An Astronaut has dedicated their life to achieving a goal. The awesome goal of going into space.

They keep them quiet by sitting them down and saying, "You can't talk about UFO's, Ever. If you do you'll be banished and never fly again."

So the astronaut has a choice. They can keep their mouth shut and have an incredible career or they can start talking about flying saucers and aliens and be kicked to the curb.

Pardon the pun but this isn't rocket science.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Sorry but it is rocket science. If they came out with all of this, showed the world what it was then they'd very quickly gain their position again. I'm afraid the whole argument doesn't hold water.

Frogve me, maybe i'm believing in the honesty of people to much but that arguement doesn't quite scan with me.

[edit on 28-5-2009 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Few things

First, Astronauts have to pass many tests, many physical, but also alot of mental tests, which include polygraphs.
once they pass those tests, and its not like it ends the minute they graduate from astro-bootcamp, they are briefed before going up about the mission, how to handle anomolies, etc.

upon returning from missions, they go through debriefing and goes through a short therapy program, similar to a diver having to decompress, but its a few day program that works with any physical, along with mental, issues that have arised.

many astronauts speak about how the memories are a bit fuzzy, sorta like a program they just half watched on TV.

finally, there are of course consequences. go talk about ET and you will watch your career and credibility crumble before your eyes...for every 1 person that comes out talking about ETs, theres 100 that are ready to destroy every part of your words, etc.

there is a reason Neil Armstrong, upon returning to earth, quit and never said 4 words about anything moon related again.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

I think this statement is false. I think there are many UFO sightings that go on in space that are not let out by astronauts and officials alike. I would honeslty believe that to even be able to go up into space, out of this atmosphere, they must state some sort of oath.

Not to mention they surely fear the loss of their credibility if the masses were to hear any sort of statements about ET crafts.

If ETs are real, I think there are far more sightings than those that ever reach our ears.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
Sorry but it is rocket science. If they came out with all of this, showed the world what it was then they'd very quickly gain their position again. I'm afraid the whole argument doesn't hold water.

Then the only explanation can be is that they are not forcing the astronauts to be quiet about anything because there is nothing to be quiet about. May not be the answer you are looking for, but it is what it is.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by undefy.gravity
I think this statement is false. I think there are many UFO sightings that go on in space that are not let out by astronauts and officials alike...

That is all well and good. However, that is also speculation.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I really think in the de briefing process they somehow either give them a post hypnotic suggestion or drug or something to make them forget. How in the world could you get to space, after years of work, school and training and not have a clear recollection of every moment of it? No WAY.

I think the ones that have seen the really big stuff have been tampered with, as mentioned Armstrong got out and has said NOTHING at all. There has to be something and I think it is more than a threat or an oath. We have all listened to the recordings from NASA, we know they see things....yet silence. NOT golden at all.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I'm not sure of anything going into space except robot craft.
And their electronics are radiation hardened to keep working
against the high speed cosmic particles coming from the many
Suns in the universe and the Kelvin Zero temperatures of
space.

UFOs, if some type of craft, are not space craft their anti gravity
is from an air reaction.
The voids of aether space might need a boost in power.

And don't ask an astronaut or you get a punch in the nose.
They won't swear on the bible for any price.

I'm an astronaut, get me out of here.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
That is IF they actually saw anything out of the ordinary like aliens, ufos and whatnot.

There are always two sides to every story.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
They don't actually keep astronauts quiet, there have been a handful who have talked openly about their belief in aliens and some of their actual sightings of UFOs

However, the talking that I've seen, tends to be self promoting, and should be viewed with skepticism. Like Edgar Mitchell claims to have seen an actual EBE in the airlock of the ship he was on. But this coincided with him having problems keeping his house. And trying to sell a book. So a cynical person might view that kind of thing as self promotion.

www.ufoevidence.org...

Article in the link might be interesting to some here. It's a collection of UFO sightings by astronauts. Even has a segment of the Neil Armstrong interview.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by Lazyninja]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
They don't have to keep astronauts quiet because there's nothing to hide! Even Edgar Micthell, former astronaut and firm believer in ET-life says so:

But Mitchell's stance on NASA-centered conspiracy theories about "ET UFO" remained firm in the face of questions.

"It was not mentioned during my career," he said, adding that he and his fellow spacefarers saw no evidence of space visitors on the back side of the Moon, another long-standing tale among the more cult-like cohorts of UFO faithful.

www.capecodtoday.com...

So please forget about NASA conspiracies and cover ups when even your favorite believer - who's actually been there! - says it isn't so.

[edit on 29/5/2009 by errorist]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
"there is a reason Neil Armstrong, upon returning to earth, quit and never said 4 words about anything moon related again. "

Ok prove that statement.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I don't think they keep the publicly known astronauts quiet. But I'm pretty certain there's more than one face to our spacefaring.

As for exploration of space, it makes oceanic exploration seem like a kiddie pool compared to the atlantic or pacific oceans. If they are only discovering some new lifeforms in our own TINY oceans, how can space provide an obvious in your face encounter? And can we recognize the lifeforms? They could be so vast but not viewable by the naked eye, especially in mostly dark space.

As for the dark side of the moon, I think the only reason people speculate about it is because they cannot see it. Their belief is based on NOT SEEING. Sounds like the kind of faith religion is lacking these days.

Yes, I do "believe" in exobiological entities as well as some religious dogma just not prolific near earth life in space. And yes, I have seen UFOs on more than one occasion.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Astronauts are human beings. The same type of human beings that are threatened or mocked regarding UFOs and ETs as the rest of them. There is nothing different about them other than their governments granted them the privilege of going into space.

Whenever you read about other non-astronaut government personnel talk about their encounters and what their superiors told them or threatened them with is assuredly the same as how astronauts are handled. The fact is that there are very few astronauts and thus the percentage of them that will say anything even hinting at what they know on this subject will be vanishingly low. Just as it is percentage-wise with other government personnel when dealing with this topic. Humans obey authority and that isn't going to change just because some go into space.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by Frith]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Here's how they 'probably' say it

"Right , your going up into spaceto do some work, if you see anything 'unusual' and you have to report it, then here is a list of codewords to use TO PROTECT NATIONAL SECURITY - GOD BLESS AMERICA (But not the world it is actually part of because we don't care about the rest of the world only AMERICA) HOWEVER , if you want to report it so that the people will understand and realise whats going on , then we'll make you look silly , disrepute anything you have to say and then go after your family, mayb kill a couple of them or your children to ensure your silance and obedience."

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
I had a bit of a thought today. When astronauts are up in space, lollying around in zero gravity and apparantly seeing real craft flying in and out of the atmosphere, how does the government keep them quiet?

One word...

PENSION

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join