It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comedy: Whats happend??

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I don't think that Comedy has went away, there is just lots to choose from and part of it is the offensive side. South Park has always held it's ground and doesn't care if they offend or not. Everyone knows that South Park will always try to top themselves in controversy and I think most people aren't as vocal about them probably out of fear they will make an episode making fun of whoever is complaining about them. The Scientology one comes to mind right now, look at what they did to chef when he got mad over that episode. Plus, "Tom Cruise, John Travolta and R Kelly are in the closet!" lol That's one of my favorites.

Family Guy has been cancelled 2 or three times due to it being "offensive" but is always brought back. I guess really it's just what people are into though, some find both of those shows horrible but love Blue Collar comedy. I never got into SNL to much, but it was great during the early to mid ninties. Chris Farley, Chris Rock, Adam Sandler, David Spade, Rob Schneider, Tim Meadows and i can't think of who else. That was probably the best era for that show, although the Eddie Murphy skits were very memorable. I still watch the Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor stands ups when ever I get a chance, they never get old for me. I could go on for a while listing my favorite comedy shows and stand ups lol.

Heres one that keeps coming to my head due to what's going on:
www.dailymotion.com...

I know it's a serious thing going on, but everytime I read about it or see a picture of Kim Jong or on tv that song just pops in my head.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Try The Mighty Boosh, Flight Of The Conchords, Nathan Barley, The Thick Of It, The IT Crowd.......

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I love comedy and comedy shows like the ones mentioned (I'm assuming you're a fellow Brit?). But I actually think there's too much comedy being thrown around in movies, e.g. Land of the Lost, Starsky & Hutch. I mean, I like comedic moments, like in the Sopranos and Bond movies, but when Hollywood makes an entirely comedic version of something that's supposed to be not as comedic or not comedic at all, I just don't get it.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join