It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside America’s (Mock) Attack on North Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Here is an interesting article that I found ..

Inside America’s (Mock) Attack on North Korea
By Noah Shachtman May 27, 2009 | 7:07 am
Even the hawks say there’s not much America can do, in response to North Korea’s nuclear test. But that doesn’t mean the U.S. military isn’t prepping for a war with the Kim Jong-Il regime, just in case.

In March, American and South Korean forces teamed up for the “Key Resolve/Foal Eagle” war game. 13,100 troops from outside Korea — and tens of thousands more, already stationed in the country — participated in the massive exercise, which focused on “deploying troops and equipment to Korea in the event of an attack,” according to a military press release.

Then later in the article ...

Two years earlier, the Pentagon put together a very different kind of war plan for North Korea — one that didn’t involve ground troops at all. Instead, U.S. forces would lob bombs and missiles and electronic attacks in an instant “global strike.” Even nuclear weapons were considered, as part of the plan.
www.wired.com...

Interesting to read about some of the " plans " that they had on the books for dealing with North Korea , lets hope we never get the chance to see how such an event would play out .

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
It beats having no plan at all!

Those Peninsula wide exercises are a pain. UFL is coming in 2 or 3 months. Looks like no soju for a week

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
IT would seem that there are two possible reasons , IMHO , as to the cause of NK's little tantrum .

Reason one , U.S.-led plan to check vessels suspected of carrying equipment for weapons of mass destruction.

Reason two , NK is trying to better position it's self before returning to the
" six party talks " .

One thing that I find very interesting this time around in the world of NK tantrums .. Both Russia as well as China seem to be playing a different tune this time .

China has been making a lot of noise about this recent nuclear test by NK .

Russian is speaking publicly about how they are very concerned about the very real chance of a nuclear exchange by a neighboring state on its boarder . Russia has also expressed there "serious concern" directly to NK officials over there recent test .

www.reuters.com...

On a side note , in 2012 NK plans to hold a massive celebration to celebrate little i'll 's pops B day .

[edit on 28-5-2009 by Max_TO]

[edit on 28-5-2009 by Max_TO]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I believe that the US military would be very naive if they didnt prepare for situations that could happen at any given moment by any nation. I am not suprised by this course of action, because thats how a nation stays on top of the other, being prepared. Im sure many of you survivalists out there can relate to being prepared for something, not just because you know something is going to happen, but because being prepared is the key to survival at any given moment, at any given time.
War games are neccessary to understand just how ones nation would fight a certain enemy over the next. We wouldnt take on NK like we would with lets say China because everything changes. Im sure we have many plans to fight many nations that just havent been brought out to light, and that makes me feel a little more comfortable knowing that at least we are doing something to prepare instead of just sitting on our asses waiting for something to happen and not being ready for it.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Existing thread on this article has been up for 2 days here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

Sorry I searched and didn't see it

Please delete and make any future posts to posted thread .

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

Sorry I searched and didn't see it

Please delete and make any future posts to posted thread .

No worries, just thought I'd point it out

top topics

join