It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone remember Spielberg's 'Taken'?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Probably one of the best TV shows ever produced. It was actually a mini-series that lasted around 20 episodes but nonetheless if no one has yet seen it, I highly recommend finding it the DVD box set.

I've personally always enjoyed Steven's work on the subject. Some corners of UFOlogy have it that some people who worked for the government's project worked with him Close Encounters of the Third Kind - giving him that 'idea' for the contact landing at the end of the film, which was eerily similar to the supposedly landing and exchange of personnel at an Air Force Base with the President present.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Shino
"Does anyone remember Spielberg's 'Taken'?"

Yes I do and I just watched the whole thing on YouTube a couple of days ago. It's pretty good at first but got a little out there at the end. I especially liked the vague reference to the 'coast to coast' radio show. Anyway it was a wonderful show and a fine early appearance of Dakota Fanning. What a wonderful little actress. Did you see her in 'War of the Worlds' with Tom Cruise?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I remember hearing about this series. One of the epidsodes was based on a man who went for a walk in the woods with his dog and they encounter an alien. That was based on the true story of one Jonathan Reed, Phd from Seattle Washington whose case has baffled the ufological community for over ten years. I found a video on youtube just today with more evidence. check link below...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Definatley a great watch. I remember watching the original airing on Sci Fi channel. Definatley worth putting down the money for the boxed set. Or just torrent it if you are too lazy...lol

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Some UFOlogists allege that Close Encounters of the Third Kind was based largely on tales of the Holloman AFB landing. In addition, there's an interesting (though unverified) tidbit that Reagan supposedly said during a White House screening of ET. Even Steven's first film was based on the Battle of LA incident.

A lot of the Taken subject matter was taken from actual case files, but names changed, and some tweaks here and there.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
ONE WORD

EPIC

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
this was one of the best series i have seen on TV,pity they don't do another as good!!!

top topics

join