posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:18 AM
Evolution is in perfect order with a belief in God.
God's system is based on you not knowing for sure if He is there or not. He provides tests of faith throughout your life. What you believe and do
shows God how much you love Him. For example, let's look at Deuteronomy 13:1-3:
"If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder, And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he
spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them; Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that
prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your
soul. Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him and cleave unto
We see from the above teaching that (1) the prophet (sub scientist) was accurate in what he said (wonder) because he proved it (came to pass). We also
know that (2) the prophet (sub scientist) is suggesting by his wonder (evolution) proves that God did not make the world like the Bible says (let us
go after other gods, which thou has not known, and let us serve them --- aka let us follow after evolution, which is not in the Bible, and do
according to its teaching and direction).
What happens when you believe evolution and follow it? Well, you don't pass the love test. God has told you the truth, and you follow something else.
Adam and Eve had the same problem. Satan, via the serpent, basically called God a liar by stating that Eve would not die, as God said. Eve chose to
believe Satan, which showed that she loved Satan more than God.
There are many indications in the Bible that the world was created quickly, as in 6 days quickly. However, you are free to believe. Believe whatever
"prophet" you wish to follow. God does not put a restriction on belief. In fact, that is the very reason he put the Tree of Knowledge of Good and
Evil in the garden, to see if we would love and believe God, or follow our own ways. So, there you have it.
Let's take a look. I'm sure you have seen the small dot in space that is earth. Consider the heavens. When you look skyward at night, try as you
might, you will never see a planet as small as Earth. It takes sophisticated equipment to do so. Well, now consider how small that Earth-sized object
is in space. Then consider that, of all the knowledge out there, you might know less than 1% of everything. That leaves 99% that you do not know.
Consider the possibility that maybe God made the universe. If He did, don't you suppose he could build a planet Earth with the capability for you to
believe either way? I mean, if He were to eliminate the fossil record, eliminate anything that can be age-dated past 6000 years, eliminate any old
records of human habitation, or in other words anything that could possibly make you believe that this world is older than 6000 years, you would have
to believe it was 6000 years old. Right? But He didn't, because He wants to leave you a choice: believe Him, or believe the science. It's about
God's love. His love for you, and your love for Him. It always was, and always will be about love.
He leaves you a little hint, tho. In the New Testament, there is the miracle at Cana. A curious verse says "This is the first miracle that Jesus
did." I wondered about that verse, and asked God why He put that verse there. I was given to understand after I asked, and the meaning of the verse
God created the Earth in 6 days. You see, Jesus (See John 1) created all things in the beginning, without Him nothing was made that was made. That
means He created everything in Genesis, which took 6 days. In the miracle at Cana, he turned 6 waterpots of water into wine, instantly, and aged. He
created the Earth aged, too. Otherwise, Adam would not have had food from the trees, for example. The name of the town, Cana, means "to create,
build." Take it for what you will, but as you can see, for a Christian, it's God's reassurance that this creation we live in was created instantly,
So, you see, evolution is scientific evidence. Believe what you wish, and God will see if you love Him and follow Him, or not.
It's up to you.