It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 10 Most Popular Conspiracy Theories, according to AlterNet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I did not know where to post this, so I apologize if this is in the wrong place.

AlterNet ran a story on what the writers, Vicki Santillano and Divine Caroline, thought were the 10 most popular conspiracy theories.

Article is here

The theories they listed ranged from Princess Diana to Shakespeare, to 9/11 and Reptilians. It was, I have to say, one of the worst compilations that I have ever read. Not only were the "summaries" of each theory a travesty to any possible truth that they might contain, but the entire article, to me, was written like the authors had absolutely no idea of the depth behind each theory (except Elvis, in my opinion) and that they received their information from Wikipedia.

I had always liked AlterNet, but now I would have to seriously think before I ever read any of their articles again.

[edit on 28-5-2009 by riddle6]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Do you happen to have a link to the article? Or do we have to hunt it down for ourselves...?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
This is classic disinfo. Throw out the most credible theories, throw in a few out there ones, and lump them all together, and call them wacky.

pretty pathetic.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

I had it posted, but I guess it either wasn't working or it wasn't easy to see. Sorry about that. Hopefully it's easier to see now.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Not all die-hard theorists would agree with this top ten, but then again, who said anything about these theories being strictly within the hardcore CT community ?

Still - it was nice to see that the classic Elvis myth is still alive out there.

I always loved that one. Can't tell you how many times I've run into people on the street with stories of Elvis Sightings. Always an interesting experience.

Sadly, it seems that era of conspiracy is long gone.

A shame, really. It was a lot more fun back then.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by riddle6
reply to post by Amaterasu

I had it posted, but I guess it either wasn't working or it wasn't easy to see. Sorry about that. Hopefully it's easier to see now.

Yes, thank so much.

As for the article, I just love the downplaying, the suggestion that conspriacy theories are just a product of our need to have an explanation.

What pucky.

Why would so many, blithely skipping along, start seeing evidence that conspiracy exists? Not to explain the horrible events or any other thing, but because it is the only logical explanation of the facts.

Yeah, Alternet I do believe has sold out.

top topics

join