Originally posted by jdub297
Don't say I never told you so.
I love it when the people that lecture us on "Denying Ignorance" end up making the most IGNORANT, inflammatory, conspiratorial, statements that are
based on ..... air.... absolutely nothing.
The more married you are to a "concept," and the more it becomes gospel, the more closed-minded one tends to be about issues. You lose your
impartiality and begin to speak in code, talking points, and buzzwords. Sean Hannity's buzzword o the week is "Freightened!"
Everything frightens him right now about Obama. We should all be freightened! Obama' policies are freightening!! Boogyman!!! Boo!!
Obama's a "SOCIALIST"... Scary!! Nazi!! Communist!!!
He wants to redistribute wealth!! Nazi!!! Communist.
He's an enemy of Capitalism!!!
Get over yourself.
As if Capitalism is a flawless system. It's a powerful, wonderful system. But its not flawless. When did we stop improving ourselves and our country?
Where, other than the Bible and the Constitution, is it acceptable not to IMPROVE and CHANGE with the times? When you stop improving, that's when we
need to ask ourselves whether or not we stopped "thinking."
Last I check Obama wants to:
- Slow This Recession - It is widely accepted by most people with a brain that the way to do that is by increased short-term spending. That's
what he's doing... Check!
- Repair Our World Standing - We need friends in this world. We are NOT the elitist country Bush reflected to the world. We need to engage our
enemies and understand what their motivators are. Re-emphasize that the US DOES NOT torture, close Guantanamo. So far so good. Obama's Presidency has
already improved our standing in the world, but it is going to take time to undo 8 years of elitist, isolationist BS. So, he's on his way! Check!
- Fix Bush's Mess - A collapsing financial market, banking industry, housing market, auto industry... Wow... That's alot. What's he done so
far? 2 spending bills, GM about to go into bankruptcy (finally). So far so good, albeit a bit slow... Check!
- Invest in Our Future - Smartly spend to limit the recession, but on infrastructure, which has been ignored forever in this country.
- Lower Taxes - Yes, Repubs... LOWER... on most Americans. Check!
- Give Everyone a Shot at Good Health - Unless your in the pockets of the health industry, or just brainwashed by them... OUR MEDICAL SYSTEM
DOES NOT WORK! Some things should not be solely private. The companies are in on it. There is NO competition. EVERYONE deserves to live a healthy
life. There is no rational moral argument against Universal Healthcare. The only one that exists is the scare tactic of socialsm. FIRST you have to
prove what exactly is wrong with socialism before just reciting scary rhetoric. Second, when you use Cuba, Europe, and Canada to argue the first
point, you need to a)come up with real stats on how those systems are inferior to ours and b)tell me why you feel this country is so unimaginative and
inventive that it couldn't take any of those country's core systems and IMPROVE THEM?
- Legalize Immigrants - Finally bring these people out of the darkness and make them productive contributors to this economy. Whether you like
it or not, it has to be done so we can move forward. I'm tired of waiting for people to come around on this. Just do it already, legitimize a zillion
workers (well, not that many), and fix our borders. Done. End of Story.
This is only a few... Not very radical if you ask me. Just counter to the crap policies we've had over the past 8 years. I, for one, am happy to try
And given the man has only been in office a few months, I'd say he's off to a pretty good start.
I dunno.... Seems like an awful lot of good, positive change to me.
So what if Hillary apologized? We haven't always been right. That doesn't make us weak to apologize, it shows our integrity.
And Redistribution of Wealth??!?! Hate to tell ya, but we already redistribute wealth all over the place in this country. Don't act like this is a
concept that was introduced on inauguration day.
Plus, what the heck is wrong with everyone prospering? Don't we need to help one another? American's aren't stingy egomaniacs. We help are own even
if it means paying a little more. This mentality is exactly why we, the most powerful nation in the world, can't eradicate poverty in this
[edit on 30-5-2009 by tommy_boy]