It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let me ask you something...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Have you ever thought about something then it came true? Have you ever walked into a shop and bought something for no apparent reason? Maybe looked at an advert but without realising exactly what it said?

The reason I ask is because I do the above on an almost daily basis; I'll look at an advert and think about whatever the subject of it was.

The difference is that I realise I'm doing it.

The point I'm trying to make is that it's so easy to be manipulated, so easy to be convinced.

I have a person in my life at the minute who will not believe the truth, they are utterly convinced in what someone has told them and made them believe.

I love this person, but I find it scary... very scary how easy the human mind is so easy to manipulate.

[edit on 28/5/09 by Death_Kron]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I think the only way a person can be manipulated is if they let themselves or if they lack the cognitive ability to understand that just because someone says or writes something or because it is on tv or in an ad somewhere doesnt mean it is true.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Do you think that it's coincidence that Muzak that is played in many public places is remastered in B-Minor for the purpose of increasing the effect of advertising and to assist in the decrease of shoplifting?

Or that these same stores utilize Fluorescent tube lights rather than Incandescent or LED lights?

It's because both B-Minor and Fluorescent tubes operate at the frequency of 60Hz.

Why is this significant?

Because exposure to the 60Hz frequency has been shown to cause significantly attenuated analgesia (similar to morphine-induced analgesia) and basal nociceptive responses in the brains of most species. It is a numbing of the higher brain functions, much like a temporary Alzheimer's.

It's most noticeable when you immediately exit these areas and suddenly regain your clarity of thought (and find the light from the sun particularly blinding and painful).

Our brains work on the firing of synapses that pass electrical charges. All electricity operates a specific frequencies. It really is no different affecting the electrical charges in one's brain from say affecting the electrical charge in a magnet.

Advertisers have known this for years. Marketers have utilized this well for quite some time (I first learned about this in Marketing 101). You can only imagine what more nefarious and less scrupulous sectors have been doing with that same knowledge.

join