It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should there be an ATS plan, in case the SHTF? Like a survivors colony?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I'm pretty new here but of course I have a plan already in place for this situation we all know is coming. I already live in the middle of nowhere (I would hope all that can get out of large city centers and do the same) I have supplies, generator, gas, weapons with plenty of ammo, water food etc. etc. I mean our Canadian government had commercials on T.V. telling people to get together a survival kit to be prepared for 72 hour survival (translation) prepare for 3 years survival if we are smart. Everyone better already have a plan and supplies... of course there will be no electricity for communication or computers...we all better learn smoke signals and I'm not kidding!

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
If we wrote ATS somwhere on our clothing, then when you met someone who had the lable, you would know they were paranoid, and therefore easy to mess with.
But for real, it would be nice to have a way to identify like thinkers. I won't reveal my location but the idea is well thought out. (IMHO)
Think resort area. Lots of vacation properties stocked with canned goods, probably fresh water nearby. Remember a swiming pool is fresh drinkable water in a bad situation. Ski resort would put you on top of a mountain. Good view and good protection. Plus nobody would want to invade since it would be so much work to get up the hill.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
That's it: mandatory ATS tatoos for all,LOL!!!

Might be a good way to cover the scar left after one digs the chip out however...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I've always been into off-beat topics since about 2nd grade. I've been a lurker on ATS for about 2 and a half years. Lately, things have been getting out of hand in our world so I started talking to friends and neighbors and nobody is interested in looking a little deeper. So since that didn't work, I will see if talking to you guys will help me find out what we can do. If something bad happens to the point where we are incapable of organizing, then we're doomed. But if we can organize before this bad thing happens, then there will at least be a little hope. It's just an insurance. Well what if, when the bad thing happens, we have a window to organize...what would we do? I've thought about it for a while and I can't really come up with anything for a solution. Dig a big hole for me and my family? Get consolidated in a small town (like Jericho) and defend it? Rebel against some of the new requirements that slowly come down from the NWO? Slowly...so they can weed us out while keeping the masses hypnotized. If I'm successful in my initial rebellion, what then? Try to retaliate? We would need a safe place for our families before we went off to fight. They can't just be left alone in the wilderness by themselves. Isn't there some contingency plan that we can come up with. A place to meet up? We're informed guys...we gotta come up with something. People like us have always been trying to get the truth and expose. I think it's safe to say we've at least found out that we're not crazy and that something BAD is happening. My energy WAS for research and having fun doing it. It's getting serious now and we should not take what little info we have, and take it for granted. Please...let's at least try to fight. Try to maintain. If there was a hero in every house, then I would not be AS concerned but there isn't a hero in every house. People will need each other and all the knowledge and skill that can be offered. Organizing time...or stand by for death.

The above is copied from my profile. As you can see, I'm serious about organizing before it's too late. The problem is, I don't know where to start. Some of you talk about this like it's a joke. Some of you believe that some of us are just paranoid...but what if, you know? Yes, I'm aware that we are an eccentric group of people and can be quite entertaining and informative on most occasions...I started posting recently so I could ask this forum if there's any hope to organize or are we just gonna go on about our lives and adapt, improvise, and overcome? Remember, not everyone out there has the ability to maintain. Sorry for the long post

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by donutviper

I think you make some good points...I agree that many of us are making preparations,running a bit scared and even making some jokes because we're ALL bit scared of what might come.
It seems to be more obvious that "something" is destined to happen...the what and when is the issue.

I truly believe that if/when enough people truly feel hair the hair on the back of their necks standing on end that it will begin to fall into place: I do see some of us who've "met" on this forum will be discussing possibilities because we have discovered we are of a similar mindset.

I think we have to start someplace and yes,I think there will be more "safety in numbers" if it comes down to survival.
Heros might be far and few between...will need to stay smart!

I actually feel more confident since I do have some new friends in my life thanks to ATS and maybe you will as well as time goes on?

Glad you've posted!

[edit on 29-5-2009 by irishchic]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot
What I mean is, should the worst happen in 2012, or there's WW3, or a huge natural disaster, leaving pockets of human life dispersed throughout the world, should we have a plan?

Lord of the Flags?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I'm more worried about the solar storms we've been warned about knocking out all communications and electricity grids worldwide. worldwide blackout riots? scary stuff.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

Being a lurker for so long, I've learned about many of you and have a good feeling about the way most of you think. I feel comfortable coming here and saying "What do we do if the sky falls?". In every community I've lived in, nobody wants to talk about contingency plans. This subject should be discussed more often here. I mean, look at some of the things we've seen on here and experienced over the past few years in our real lives aside from our internet life. Reptiles are hiding and rule over the Grays?! Rothschild/Bilderburg underworld? Global economy melting away? I'm not trying to stir people up and get you guys irritated with me. I'm not even sure if any of those subjects are real. I'm pointing out that just in case 1 of those subjects are real, maybe we should discuss developing a plan because let's just say 1 oddball subject is real...we have no plan...no hope. It's also sad that some people say they have an individual plan and will come out only when the smoke clears. That tells me that those people expect to be caught with their pants down and will take to the wilderness, leaving other people to try to survive. The difference is, those people that get left behind don't expect anything to happen and are totally unprepared. Please forgive me my friends. I just don't want the bad guys to be celebrating our enslavement/deaths...just in case there are indeed...bad guys. Thank you Irishchic for your consideration and reply

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Screw that, Im goin home if the SHTF.

Let's make some music Colorado.

The town already has a contingency plan in case of an all out global disaster or collapse of society. It's a perfect area of the country with only 4 easily disabled roads in.

I doubt they will let many in but I am pretty sure I would make it.

[edit on 5/29/2009 by whatukno]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Hi everyone, I just wanted to elaborate on my thoughts about this.

I think that the first few months after the SHTF will be very traumatic, and we'll all be too busy to think of the long term.

But when we have survived, when we are secure, if the survival of mankind depends on it, should we not all gravitate to a safe haven?

If we don't hook up with other groups, those isolated pockets of humanity are sure to die out. That's why I think we need a long term plan.

Peace, Kiwi

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I just thought of something...

What if we ARE the NWO?

What if there is some TriLateralBurgerBohemianPentavirate forum somewhere on the DarkSkyNet where a bunch of lizards are sitting around speculating on the existence of ATS?

I am really liking the forehead/right hand tattoo and RFID chip idea.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Just an IDEA:

-An ATSer Might Post their general location (Me: SouthEastern Wisconsin)
-Any other member in that general area interested start u2u that poster
-Using u2u share potential locations that may be appropriate for different scenarios
-When a general plan is reached inform all members who have responded to the OP
-Next start informing others of your specialties/skills which may be helpful to the colony
-Inventory what supplies, seeds and weapons each may provide

Like i said, just a rough idea off the top of my head....

[edit on 29-5-2009 by imeddieone4202003]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I am a member of a survival forum where people are already dividing the states into groups and planning get-togethers and possible bug out locations. Just got done watching the show Jericho, and honestly, I could see things working out a lot like that. If you haven't watched it, and enjoy a good post apocalyptic story, it's something you wont want to miss.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
If anyone wonders why I choose the Imperial Sugar Factory:

I thought it was because you had a sweet tooth

Seriously I travel a lot for work and I've got a few different areas I'd bug out to if I had too. Though my first choice would be to try and stay on my land. I'd recommend that anyone thinkig of a place within 60-100 miles of a city think again. I have noticed that most people keep about a quarter tank of gas in there vehicles (not me I keep a lot more), which means most people could get that 60-100 miles (or 100km to 167km for our metric friends) away before they ran out of gas and started looking for a place to hole up. I'd make sure my bug out location was at least that far from the city or that I had a way to defend it from those who are desperate enough to try and take what you have.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by imeddieone4202003

Good idea. That's a start. I'm North of Nashville Tennessee. Don't be shy if you're in TN. Send me a u2u.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I've said it before and I'll say it again - skills.

If your planning a group from which to rebuild then think long term.

Books - Medical, construction, hygene, food preservation etc.

Skills - Learn a trade the following would all be useful afterwards
- first aid
- blacksmithing
- cheese making
- wood working
- weaving
- spinning
- animal husbandry
- gunsmithing

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by exile1981

I guess the only skill I have on your list is first aid. I have all those books that you mentioned except my construction book entails reinforcing concrete with steel. I have no equipment, barely any skills and no money. I wouldn't advise anybody to list too many skills. As long as you have the will to survive and don't mind helping out, you'll be ok with me.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by donutviper

I don't have even half of the skills I listed. This was talked about another thread, but I suggested everyone pick A skill or trade and learn it so you could have a fall back item that was tradable.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
In a SHTF situation I think those of us who stay out of reach of the governments and are able to seek refuge in the countryside,etc, will be all alone, at least for the first few months. It's ridiculous to suggest that some of us should post meeting places for survivors to gravitate towards as anything placed on the web will almost certainly be discovered by those wishing to enslave us. We may as well simply give in and hand ourselves in. . .
I, for one, am heading towards the country once I see society beginning to crumble. I'll worry about the next step once I've survived their initial onslaught.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

We don't have anything set in stone. We're just discussing whether or not we may have a fighting chance at survival. Discussing our options. I doubt, if we had a meeting place, we'd dig in and call it home but we hadn't acknowledged that yet so thank you for your response. Actually, I'm not sure who'd come after the prepared first...the NWO or the starving, crazed, desperate humans. I'm not sure why this topic isn't more popular on ATS. Does this kind of topic go too far for some of the members?

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join