It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Moon Mission KAGUYA (SELENE) not releasing HD images of far side of the moon

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
What they need to do is fly around to the front side and take about 1000000 pics of the lunar lander and the American flag so all these idiots will shut up about how the US never landed up there.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
reply to post by dainoyfb

I'm getting the same message:
"The URL contained a malformed video ID."
Please send a valid link or video title so we can search for it
Thanks!

Oh ye silly LEMMINGS

All ya had to do was hit quote on his post and see the actual url in the post. He simply cropped one letter off the code

Or... clicked on the actual youtube link

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I'll never understand why any gov't agency would coverup finding stuff from long dead civilizations, on the moon. Whats the point? You just have to look at those inscriptions on that Egyptian wall which shows the ancient helecopter, jet fighter, warship, and space craft. If the earily egyptians knew of these things and were proud to place them up so future people could see that they knew of them. Why would todays agency people not want to do the same thing. I mean think of it, civilizations long gone on the moon. After millions of years and there still there, waiting to be found. Only thing I can see, is that TPTB are afraid if the truth ever really came out they would lose there singular power over the masses of the world. Or that they've told there lie so many times that they've started believing thre own lies. Looks like the only way we the regular folks will ever know the truth is if a civilian builds his or her own space craft and goes there to see for themselves. About 10 years ago that Hawkins fella which is like the most smartest guy on the planet. Was asked if he could design a hyper drive engine. I think they were joking with him, but within a few hours he had a full design for the viewers to look at. He said it was easy.
So Id say we hire him, have him design a real Millinium Falcon ship. Then get private donations to build said vessel. Then go see for ourselves. Yeah you might think thats funny but why not? Why is it that only goverments of the world can officaly go to the moon. Its not owned by anyone. Something to think about. Then you could go to the darkside of the moon and check it out first hand. It would be BIG NEWS. Course TPTB would try to shoot you down when you came back. So the ship would have to be fast, and have its own defensive systems.

Thats the only way anyone ever going to find out whats really go on, cause TPTB will never tell the truth.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Grifter.be

Hey there...

Can you get me a shot or two of Crater Petavius B on a four day old Moon?

Would really appreciate that

If you need a location let me know

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder
What they need to do is fly around to the front side and take about 1000000 pics of the lunar lander and the American flag so all these idiots will shut up about how the US never landed up there.

Aye Aye "Captain"

Errrrr only one thing...

How do we take a picture of something that isn't there?

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by kenton1234

actualy the satalites only pick up a 2m by 2m area, then it becomes arial photographs

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I ment to add to my previous post that you where right this is still a better picture than those of the moon.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jra
The higher resolution images in Google Earth are generally from aerial photography and not from satellites.

I suggest that you do a little more research...

The GeoEye-1 satellite will be capable of making out details on Earth just 16 inches across. It will be the highest resolution satellite run by a private company; it's images will be marketed to a range of governments and private customers.

www.npr.org...

GeoEye prides themselves as a B2B company but this application reached out to a more consumer-oriented customer base. The store provided customers the ability to order posters of national parks, landmarks, cities and special areas, such as Area 51.

Please note: GeoEye took this site down during a recent redesign.

www.terrazoom.com...

New GeoEye satellite to improve Google Maps to 50 cm resolution
machinist.salon.com...

GeoEye-1 in orbit: 0.5m resolution imagery starting this fall
www.gpsbusinessnews.com...

Geoeye corporate site
www.geoeye.com...

Gallery
www.geoeye.com...

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jra
And I highly doubt one can take images from orbit that can see what cigs you're smoking.

This has been possible for a while. I remember seeing a satellite photo showing a man reading a newspaper so detailed you could read the story headline. Taking into account this was years ago, I'd imagine they've only gotten even better.

What should be stressed is that we are not talking about geo-synchronous orbiting satellites in this case. Spy satellites orbit at much lower altitudes, as to allow for the spy-worthy image details.

Kind regards, M.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
Uhm has anyone else noticed the bell shaped object to the right and upwards of the cigar shaped object? The object is man made appearing and looks like a dome, totally smooth as well.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2dcefa5b6644.jpg[/atsimg]

The bell is on the original photo but cut off in this post.

GO HERE files.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 28-5-2009 by ExPostFacto]

Compression marks…
and I don't know how anyone can consider that smudge a spacecraft

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder

Even so, that sure will do a lot for the smears wont it?

I reckon we'd have to wait til they become craters til we get to see what 'formations' are being hidden.

As dainoyfb said, compared to Earth, there is nothing in the way of a camera which can be MUCH closer to the subject being taken. I know very little about photography, optics, etc. but it's common sense, if not simply idiotic, to infer their cameras/my taxes are being used to their claimed abilities. Sorry that I want to see some professional-grade photography when I pay "professionals" for it.

Or are you going to tell me those nice color photos are fake?

Why believe they claim they landed when they claim this is the best they got? I, personally, have a hard time with this concept.

[edit on 30-5-2009 by shanerz]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by dainoyfb
1. Imaging probes should be able to orbit 30 or more times closer to the surface of the moon than imaging satellites orbiting the earth.

Yes, but such an orbit would be more difficult to maintain and it would spend more fuel, that is why some photos from the Apollo missions are so good, they were very close and could take some great photos, but they were not on a ship that was supposed to be at that orbit for a year or more.

Also, closer means higher resolutions, but higher resolutions mean less coverage in the same time frame. For example, to make a full coverage of the Moon's surface with a camera with 5440x4080 pixels images (like a Sinarback 54) at a resolution of 0.5 metres per pixel they would need to take (without considering overlapping, needed to join the images) almost 7 million photos.

Reducing that resolution to 0.25 metres per pixel would imply four times as much photos, almost 28 million photos.

2. Because there is apparently no atmosphere there should also be a huge advantage regarding image clarity because there is not 100+km of air, dust, water vapor, pollution and turbulence to contend with.

I think that is why the photos are always clear, regardless of the distance, the only difference is in the amount of detail that can be seen on the photos, the sharpness is the same.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

The main difference, as I see it, is the harsh conditions that the camera has to endure, with (at least) sharp changes of temperature and higher levels of radiation during the whole mission than common cameras for Earth use have to endure.

As for the difference between Earth satellites and Moon satellites, the main difference is that it is relatively inexpensive to launch an Earth satellite when compared with a Moon satellite, and the Earth satellite can have some work done if there is a need, while a maintenance mission to the Moon would have a higher cost than the original mission.

But I may be wrong, I do not have any special knowledge about space travel and artificial satellites.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by kenton1234
Thank you for that video. It just proves that we can see the exact same type of photos from a back yard telescope.

It does?

Do you think that this image (taken from the video posted by Grifter.be)
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/9b74eb3b21fe510c.jpg[/atsimg]

and this image (from the Clementine browser, with a 100 metres per pixel resolution)
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/5537d55ebeff15f2.jpg[/atsimg]
look the same?

PS: the crater on the second image is the small bright crater more or less at the middle of the first image.

[edit on 30/5/2009 by ArMaP]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

The problem is that the half metre resolution photos do not show more than what we can already see in Google Earth, as you can see on Geoeye's site.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Okay the object on the far side of the moon. One of the more interesting set of images. Unfortunately (or fortunately) the fake videos posted on youtube a year or so ago highlighted the supposed UFO. But the fake videos did not serve the UFO community well.

Anyway - let's look at the best images ...

The best ones I can find that are actual images are placed together here:

www.keithlaney.net...

And whilst very interesting they prove nothing. Until we actually see HD images we cannot prove anything...

This could be a rock formation, a trick of the angle or light. If we only had two or three perspectives on the site that would help.

Any hi def image would prove this one way or the other.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Hopefully no one has posted these already but I was browsing their page and found some of the farside images.

They can be found here

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I've done all my research on the Moon/Mars cover-up. Did you know the sky on Mars looks whiteish blue, and not gloomy red as the pictures show? The sky looks not much different than on Earth.

mars-news.de...

What the mars sky should look like

NASA is tampering with the colors of Mars photos.

The public is led to believe that Mars and the Moon are dead planetary bodies.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I took this crop from Mike Deegans moon pic anybody know what it could be.[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cdfb6a50236d.png[/atsimg]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Just sent this email to [email protected]

Dear Respected Moon Scientists,
Thank you for approaching Earths most mysterious satellite. My research colleagues and I were most curious as to when pictures of the ultra-mysterious dark side were to be released to the public. We are trembling with excitement as we anticipate what these photographs will reveal. If you could please tell us when the super high quality HD photos will be released we would be eternally grateful.
On behalf of Mankind,
In faith, sincerity, and truth.
In Trust
In Hope
H.A.

--
www.infowars.com

EDIT: removed one phrase before sending and corrected email

[edit on 15f20096pmSat, 30 May 2009 14:17:49 -050049 by HiAliens]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>