It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Moon Mission KAGUYA (SELENE) not releasing HD images of far side of the moon

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Wow you are reeeeally reaching now with these 'color' images from like 1000 years ago...come on man.

For the love of GOD, don't people think LIKE scientists rather than occultists and exercise Occum's Razor EVER?

Doesn't it seem a bit childish & immature to jump to such outlandish theories? These theories i read here, for the most part, are just ridiculous and belong in the scope of movies and fancy...are the people here even educated in ANY of the sciences? I'd like to know who these people are that tout such arrogance in their 'expert' opinions....

that could be anything and certainly it does NOT look like anything artificial is the source of said 'light'..i mean just look at the Moon surface..is devoid of anything even remotely looking engineered or otherwise fashioned!!

I signed up here hoping to discuss / learn about actual pertinent issues scientifically. Seems people are more likely to jump right into conspiracy and fantasy.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jeddun

I pretty sure that there is a website for stupid rednecks somewhere. Bye Bye.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kenton1234

That is a very good question indeed... check out the agreements NASA has signed with various space agencies...

Cosmic Conspiracies
NASA Dominates World Space Programs

UPDATE

Here is the update on the Nasa Technical Report Nasa Tr R-277 Chronological Catalog of Reported Lunar Events From 1540 to 1966. Seems Scibd has a copy now

www.scribd.com...

And I can't leave out our photo of Aristarchus, after all its our theme picture

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thanks for the info Zorgon, can always trust you to educate people like myself with your vast knowledge!

By the way: "Here is Sir Patrick Moore and Jenkins looking at the image (Aristarchus is just at the tip of the bottle. These guys know how to do research )"....

Almost had me fall off my chair

And yes, I too would like to know what the US has said to other countries to silence them? Or have they? Maybe what's up there is enough to convince any government to keep a lid on it?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thanks for the links. Very Very interesting. It's a crying shame that so many countries are going along with this. But on the other hand they are getting all of our jobs via out sourcing. Thats a pretty good incentive. The American people are being ripped off because a few want to keep secrets no matter what the cost. That is also why were being dumbed down.
The other day at my favorite watering hole I asked everyone there who had won the American Idol contest this year and in unison they all told me who had won. I then asked who was chief justice of the Supreme Court and that question was met with stone cold silence. But I got my point across. I also had to buy the entire house a round of drinks to calm them down. They were pissed off like nothing I'd ever seen. Not a good Idea to do something like that and I don't recomend it.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

How is what i said in any way stupid? Seems the 'respondee' is the uneducated judging from the way that sentence was structured.

its a genuine question. Furthermore how the HELL is redneck gleaned from that message? Is it because im skeptical and not easily swayed by committee?

Jeez not many 'rednecks' here in NYC dude....maybe you should go bye bye.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jeddun

Start here. This should keep you busy for a couple of months.
www.newsfromredneckville.com...
www.esato.com...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

What is your fixation with rednecks?

Start a thread about rednecks and get some inside info man, as i'm not qualified to even point one out.

Though i will say this...the two posts you have 'posted' in response to my 'blanket' post on general content here makes you look like a silly, little, angry, quite possibly latent homosexual, man....who appointed you defender of everyone else s opinions?

im not a redneck, at least by definition. Im a professional in NYC and never had a redneck in my life...nor do i hunt, fish, speak with a southern accent, etc etc...why are you using that word? Im confused at your attitude toward my post...you feel threatened by what i wrote?

i failed to mention you by name but perhaps should have..in fact ill start a thread titled......

"Sumatra man finally discovered: See how seamlessly he uses these new tools, much like a modern human"

what is your problem?

Go back to sleep and let others think for you like a good little boy fore you get hurt tryin to arrange thoughts like a big boy =)

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Just for clarification, I'm a (proud) redneck who has been fed up with all the disinformation from NASA for a long time. The info and discussion being posted on this thread is top notch. So, don't disparage us rednecks, please!

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
zorgon, great job m8.

May i ask you what you think the logistics are for sending a small sized craft to the moon with an HD camera taped to the front? It would only need to be big enough for fuel and telemetry.

Perhaps launch from a helium balloon and blast it from there to achieve escape velocity.

Alternatively, what about decrypting the signals sent back from these suspicious lunar missions, to intercept the downloads?

It's all wishful thinking, but perhaps someone could throw a paper plane with a pen camera attached at the moon when Branson gets his Virgin Galactic missions underway

To my dying day, i want to know the truth!

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaydie

I truly am very sorry. I meant no offense to rednecks.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeddun
Wow you are reeeeally reaching now with these 'color' images from like 1000 years ago...come on man.

For the love of GOD, don't people think LIKE scientists rather than occultists and exercise Occum's Razor EVER?

Doesn't it seem a bit childish & immature to jump to such outlandish theories? These theories i read here, for the most part, are just ridiculous and belong in the scope of movies and fancy...are the people here even educated in ANY of the sciences? I'd like to know who these people are that tout such arrogance in their 'expert' opinions....

that could be anything and certainly it does NOT look like anything artificial is the source of said 'light'..i mean just look at the Moon surface..is devoid of anything even remotely looking engineered or otherwise fashioned!!

I signed up here hoping to discuss / learn about actual pertinent issues scientifically. Seems people are more likely to jump right into conspiracy and fantasy.

Jeddun, your post was/is perceived as trolling, that's all. Your comments were petulant imo.

Understand that 'scientists' are bound by non-disclosure agreements and they're not exactly going to disclose info on the evening news.

People like Zorgon have more credibility in my eyes because they are passionate researchers, which in no way detracts from their own disseminated disclosure(s). Whether or not he has an astrophysics degree and 30years experience working for NASA, is completely irrelevant.

The internet is a great resource for anyone to question info spoon fed to us by TPTB.

Lastly and most importantly, why haven't we been back since? The moon would offer an excellent semi-geosynchronous satellite or launchpad to stock supplies for deeper solar system exploration. Even extracting helium-3 to supply deuterium-tritium fusion-based power generation.

p.s. in answer to your comment:

...are the people here even educated in ANY of the sciences?

Yes, i have a single honours physics degree from a reputable UK university, if that counts!

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
What I don't appreciate is the fact that these purported HD images are released as crap.

Whenever I adjust filters to attempt to improve the imagery that they piss out for us, I notice a few things.

One, I understand that coclor may be in a limited spectrum up on the almost mono colored moon, but If you ever try and adjust color perameters, usually you get minimal and nothing on certain spectrums of color.

Recently, I took a still shot from a Kaguya Mpeg2 video of the dark side, and first off, the area was almost on the median of light so close to the near side it was rediculous to hype this video as credible dark side imagery.

Second, It's almost as if they jack the reds and/or greens shades to hide eve more hilights of these low resolution HD images.

Third, as an example, I adjusted the gamma to a more natural color and then adjusted the HMS dynamics. Adjusting the H, the only part of the image that even changes is the text overlay they add prior to release.

Does this mean ther are absolutely no highlights? That seems to be the case.

Next, on a 200% swing from -100% to 100% of the M, the visual change is about 2%, as iff the tones were removed and then replaced at a -1/100 ratio.

I find almost all other parameters have similar questionable reactions.

Anyways, on this frame, I was able to bring out some tall shadows that were not visible at first as well as a perfect circular prism, or "orb" which has to be a good 3000 meters in diameter.

I realise that just as hubble images are withheld for at least a year, they allow the scientists first crack at the images, Then the air brushers get them Then an inferior scan must be taken for uploading.

It is so obvious, an ametuer like myself can determine these things.

Also, there are so few stills available, they analysis must still be backlogged on most imagery.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn
One, I understand that coclor may be in a limited spectrum up on the almost mono colored moon, but If you ever try and adjust color perameters, usually you get minimal and nothing on certain spectrums of color

I've noticed the exact same thing. Does anyone remember the very first moon footage and how it kinda looked like "green cheese'? And after that it has been nothing but black and white. There is color up there were just not being allowed to witness it. Same thing on mars.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
You mean to tell me that we can not get better quality photos with modern tech?

This is not a photo, it's a HD video frame (as you can see by it's size), and, as you probably know, individual video frames look worse than photos of the same resolution because video gives more importance to the moving image and less to detail.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by bismarcksea
30 METERS A PIXEL???!!!??? We can take pictures from Earths orbit that can tell what brand of cigarette you are smoking but we can only get 30 meters a pixel resolution on the moon????

Where did you got those 30 metres a pixel from?

I can only see a reference to 10 metres per pixel on JRA's post, not 30 metres per pixel.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
I can get better pics of the moon from my back yard than are presented by the Clementine Lunar Browser.

You can't, unless you have a large telescope.

If that's what a closeup looks like, we were screwed as taxpayers on that mission. If I could figure out how to put one on here with the new imaging policy, I would.

I think that is the problem, what close-up are you talking about?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

UPDATE

Here is the update on the Nasa Technical Report Nasa Tr R-277 Chronological Catalog of Reported Lunar Events From 1540 to 1966. Seems Scibd has a copy now

www.scribd.com...

hey awesome document thanks for the link - now why does it stop at 1966? Any 1966 - present reports would be interesting eh? Any leads?

Cheers

wZn

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Humph! I just knew it. When they lauch the satelite I told myself: what incident is going to covert the far side images, like supposing a malfunction or some decree.

Look, it's rather simple, the far side of the Moon has base all over and is a no no for human exploration so far. Why haven't the NASA colonized the Moon yet, well it's under bail already by other humans and alien under black project or money oath.

We'll never see those pics and if my instinct is correct, they already shot down the satellite. If this mission was authorized it's because Japanese have been pushy to tell the truth about spaceship station on the Moon.
Now they have this little candy, they will keep the far side secret and we
just might have to grease those louder than others but luckily, the scientist and politiciens under the secret of the Moon will fall into ranks.

besides this all, I'm quite happy that nuclear spaceships stationned on the Moon keepsz an eye on planet Earth so it's all good.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by Desmond]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeddun
Not for nothing guys...but im an imaging professional (work in new York City with imaging software daily)...and i gotta say that this, what we're seeing as a half buried 'spacecraft', is no more than a play on light and texture. It's an illusion. I just spent a few minutes looking at it closely and playing with resolution and light levels and have concluded it's nothing more than that....sorry guys, i know this one has been a subject of debate for a while..but seems its pretty innocuous after all.

You sound so sure. Can you post a screenshot of what it looked like after you played with the resolution and light levels? If that is all it is then why don't they just show us a clear HD image of the area. They can end all the speculation by releasing the image so we can all see that is it just a play on light and texture.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join