It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Moon Mission KAGUYA (SELENE) not releasing HD images of far side of the moon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

there's an ongoing thread - moon rising revealed with true living color images of the moon...so why are they still feeding us the lifeless face of the moon dull and grey? such a stereotype these -SNIP- are.or just following the pary line?

Mod Edit - To Remove Ethnic Slur.

[edit on Sat, 30 May 2009 21:58:15 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jra

30 METERS A PIXEL???!!!??? We can take pictures from Earths orbit that can tell what brand of cigarette you are smoking but we can only get 30 meters a pixel resolution on the moon????

I believe its ALL BS. They don't want us seeing jack!

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by bismarcksea

I couldn't have said it any better! Just look at Google earth and the resolution there - which is available for the public to see. I mean I can see my folks house in South Africa, swimming pool, and all - and yet we get 30M/pixel??

Shees, if that's all they can get, they may as well stop wasting money - what the hell are you supposed to identify at that resolution?? - father X-mas on the moon?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra

They are image glitches/missing data. Try using the Clementine Lunar browser 2.0 instead of the old 1.5 version and see if you still have the same blurred out areas.

I don't know. I'd expect missing data to show up as black spaces. Why would they 'fill in' the missing parts with a grey smear?

To my non-trained eye these areas look exactly like someone has used a smear brush or similar tool. Is there any official explanation of what these areas are/how they are created?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErasureheadI really was a skeptic when I first starting looking into this but I am starting to believe that there may be something to it.

Welcome to the Darkside of Lunar research

When Japan launched their mission, the skeptics told us "Now your gonna see how wrong you are"

When China stepped up to the plate they too would 'Show us what's what'

Now India is up there and claims they have 40,000 high res pictures...

Chandrayaan beams back 40,000 images in 75 days
timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

So where are they?

Japan gave us a few HD videos hat looked more like a model... just look at the early vids and tell me how many features you can recognize on them. We have looked at the moon for years, know every major feature and big crater by heart... but I can't seem to spot any in the videos

China gave us one picture ONE... made a huge press release about it... then 6 hours later they made another press release defending its authenticity as many websites immediately spotted that there was something wrong with it. After that theyu went silent. Do they really have a ship up there at all? With the Shenshau 7 fakery and the Olympic firework fakery, I would like to see telemetry data to see if they even have a moon probe

And now India has 40,000 images collected in 75 days? So when do we see those? Just how long does it take in modern days to 'sort' them?

Related ATS threads where we have been watching what's going on...

CHINA

Chinese fake spacewalk?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

China's 'space' walk filmed under water?

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
I know someone personally, who works for USAF Space Command and who sits behind a wall of monitors all day long....and well, monitors "things"

Anyways, he told me yesterday, because we were discussing this very topic, that as of yesterday - Friday - China has NOT launched anything recently. He would know, as part of his job.

Now grant it, I can not provide any proof....but there are respected people here who know me, and can probably vouch me and my resource.

So, I guess you can take this for what its worth to you

With that said. Based on what I know, and am reading here. I do not believe they are up in space right now

I will vouch for her... as I know where she worked

Images from China's "Chang'e 1"

China successfully launches first lunar probe

Moon conspiracies - Chang'e 1 Mission

NASA: China will likely beat us back to moon

CNSA - China National Space Administration
www.cnsa.gov.cn...

INDIA

India's Chandrayaan Blasts Off To The Moon!

ISRO - India Space Research Association
www.isro.gov.in...

JAPAN

First Moon Picture from Japanese Orbiter

JAPANESE Satellite reaches the Moon!

JAXA - Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency
www.jaxa.jp...

And of course now your thread here

Japan Moon Mission KAGUYA (SELENE) not releasing HD images of far side of the moon

Stared and flagged. What is really noteworthy in most of the threads I cataloged here is the fact the skeptics were unusually silent as no images were forth coming. I wonder why that was? And since nothing new came out, the threads slowly sank out of site, to be all but forgotten.

Even Mike Singh from India is disgusted with the IRSO's performance.

Whether we are proven right or wrong, we just want to see those pictures. Looks like we will have to commision our own spacecraft to go have a look

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I just submitted a request to the agency via their feedback form... will let you guys know if they respond.

I'm also making an effort to bring the ET subject to light on the Open Govt. site.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
I couldn't have said it any better! Just look at Google earth and the resolution there - which is available for the public to see. I mean I can see my folks house in South Africa, swimming pool, and all - and yet we get 30M/pixel??

Well forget Google Earth
Google gets images from the satellites like IKONOS GeoEye but we don't get to see the FULL res available. I believe if you pay for the premium service you get better... but as an example of what is available here is a picture of the Tsangpo River in China...

The photo is part of a set of 20 that cost $18,000 (paid for by National Geographic) Here you can have one free...

Browser version

FULL HIGH RES VERSION

Warning for dialup...its a big picture. Also be patient as it loads in four scans so wait for it

OH BTW the IKNONOS satellite is orbiting at 480 miles altitude.

Now why can we not get just ONE picture like that of the Moon?

Here is our image of the full moon taken from Earth with a 10"inch scope by Mike Deegan of London under poor conditions (Its a seamless mosaic of 117 pictures... and I even have three emails from NASA people telling us "Best Moon picture they have seen!" HUH??? )

Small web browser version with brightness adjusted

FULL SIZE (80%) VERSION

Warning for dialup...HUGE picture 36megs compressed to 16megs. Sorry but the 100% 112 meg version is under license for printing

[edit on 29-5-2009 by zorgon]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jra

I can get better pics of the moon from my back yard than are presented by the Clementine Lunar Browser. If that's what a closeup looks like, we were screwed as taxpayers on that mission. If I could figure out how to put one on here with the new imaging policy, I would.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Agree with you. I mean look at this:

wms.selene.jaxa.jp...

Can you identify any feature in that photo?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
Anyone else think about this?

Oh yes... many of us have had that though cross our mind
And your post reminds me I have to do a page on the shadow issues on their earth rise and set video. I will post it when done... may take a day or two

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Dean Goldberry

I've got a feeling that the Japanese government is under the boot heel of certain powers to be. They probably couldn't show certain pictures if they wanted to. The video looked like it was sheep dipped or something. I mean it was too generic looking. It looked like a smooth piece of green swiss cheese. Kind of blah......oh well so much for the imaging for us denizens of the burned out prison planet. Peace

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Just stopping by to let you know that all the images I checked from the jaxa/nhk site bare this within:

"exif:Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3 Windows"

Additionally, to do a quick scan of the really large images you can use this link
and just increment 026 ( on both occurrences ) to 027 and so on.

Kind regards, M.

Edit to add: "No stars visible from the moon again?" Bah.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by Manawydan]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra
NASA, which I seem to recall, is required to release all there data to the public domain. Other space agencies do not have this requirement.

A VERY good point Jra
However I would add that NASA is only required to release information that is not 'sensitive'

People are of the mistaken impression that NASA is still a public agency, but they are not and have been under the DoD for some time...

Here is the information release policy from NASA in an 8 page document... (and this is one of many that covers specific release, there are others dealing with various aspects of technology, budgets and contracts)

In this document on page one you will see THIS

This policy does not authorize or require disclosure of information that is exempt from disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act (5 U.S.C. § 552) or otherwise restricted by statute, regulation, Executive Order, or other Executive Branch policy or NASA policy (e.g., OMB Circulars, NASA Policy Directives). Examples of information not releasable under this policy include, without limitation, information that is, or is marked as, classified information, procurement sensitive information, information subject to the Privacy Act, other sensitive but unclassified information, and information subject to privilege, such as pre-decisional information or attorney-client communications.

Now that 'exemption' covers a lot of territory in my books... it means they can legally withhold ANYTHING that someone at the top deems classified

And bear in mind that this one only covers media and public info release, when you get into restricted technologies the secrecy level jumps exponentially.

NASA POLICY ON THE RELEASE
OF INFORMATION TO NEWS AND INFORMATION MEDIA
fas.org...

NASA is NOT a public agency... have not been so since they were NACA... that is just a myth

NASA Clarifies New Public Affairs Policy
www.space.com...

To get the better info you need to file an FOIA request

NASA Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Homepage
www.hq.nasa.gov...

Now you pretty much need to know the title of the document that you want, or at least what is in it before you can file a request. But if you don't know what they have, how will you know what to request? You can visit any of the offices and browse their library to be sure, but who has the time and money to do that?

In 1997, DoD, NASA, and the NRO created the Space Technology Alliance (STA) to “coordinate the development of affordable, effective space technologies for the greatest return on government funds.” The STA is making steady and significant progress in coordinating government
S&T investment in space and has developed a prototype methodology for categorizing space technologies.

www.scribd.com...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Not for nothing guys...but im an imaging professional (work in new York City with imaging software daily)...and i gotta say that this, what we're seeing as a half buried 'spacecraft', is no more than a play on light and texture. It's an illusion. I just spent a few minutes looking at it closely and playing with resolution and light levels and have concluded it's nothing more than that....sorry guys, i know this one has been a subject of debate for a while..but seems its pretty innocuous after all.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Well, I'm not an expert, but it just doesn't "look" right, and I don't ever recall seeing that view.

Thanks for the post with pic of the river in China - awesome! I can not see how anyone can believe that we are NOT being lied to
The photos that we have of the moon are absolutely shocking considering what we can produce on earth.

And nice pic of the moon as well, amazing how ground based amateur photos show that crater with the blue glow, but NASA's photos don't hey?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manawydan
Just stopping by to let you know that all the images I checked from the jaxa/nhk site bare this within:

"exif:Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3 Windows"

Thanks for checking... seems no one else took the time (including me
)

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

Maybe that's what's taking them so long. Making sure there is nothing unusual showing.

For sure, with the influx of all the experts running around now (Mikesingh, Zorgon, John Lear just to name a few of the Mars and Moon experts that are on ATS) and getting better then ever at picking out the smallest details they have to be sure. I agree it is highly likely something is being withheld and has been for years.

[edit on 5/29/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Yea NASA is FAR from a "civilian space agency". Did anyone really think that would ever happen? Did no one think the government would sooner or later get its' dirty hands all over it? It sounded good in principle, but in reality it was not.

The FOIA is a joke IMO, I have had no success dealing with it in regards to documents and neither has anyone else really. Like you said, there are so many loopholes. Hell, by the time you finally get something (years, lawsuits, and thousands of dollars later) what you get is compete BS, just see the Kecksburg files, what a joke.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

And nice pic of the moon as well, amazing how ground based amateur photos show that crater with the blue glow, but NASA's photos don't hey?

Are you sure about that?

Remember the NAVY Clementine mission that flew in 1994? You know the one that everyone uses Clementine Browser v1.5 or v2.0? Yet we have already shown here at ATS that the clementine data was in COLOR (Nov 2006 to be precise)

Well if you download the full size color mapper image from Arizona State U you can zoom in on Aristarchus and see THIS

ASU Near side (40 megs tiff)
ser.sese.asu.edu...

ASU Farside (40 megs tiff)
ser.sese.asu.edu...

ASU full mosaic mapper in color (20 megs tiff)
ser.sese.asu.edu...

This is what it looks like in the V2.0 browser

And this is what it looks like in the V1.5 Browser

Here is what it looked like on Dec 17th 2005 Original Image Credit: Anthony Jenkins

Here is Sir Patrick Moore and Jenkins looking at the image (Aristarchus is just at the tip of the bottle. These guys know how to do research
)

Okay but Clementine is not NASA... so here we have some shots from Galileo spacecraft...

Aristarchus Crater
Galileo Spacecraft
December 7, 1992

Now here is a report that is important regards Clementine....

Report April 23, 1994

Sky and Telescope published an article basically saying anyone who sees a TLP is just seeing an illusion, despite hundreds of sightings by reputable astronomers... Well April 23, 1994 would change that dramatically... and involves our friend Clementine

"A satisfying rebuke to the TLP naysayers was recently delivered by JPL's B. Buratti at the October 1999 meeting of the American Astronomical Society in Padua, Italy. Her specific TLP occurred on April 23, 1994. At that time, about one hundred amateur astronomers noticed a 40-minute darkening near the edge of the bright lunar crater Aristarchus. Happily, when this hundred fold "illusion" took place, the lunar satellite Clementine was mapping the area around Aristarchus. Defying the dogmatists, Buratti scrutinized the Clementine data again. Sure enough, Aristarchus had really turned redder after the TLP reported by the amateur astronomers."

Science Frontiers #127, JAN-FEB 2000. © 1997 William R. Corliss
www.science-frontiers.com...

And here is another interesting report

Report July 19, 1969

Apollo 11 provides us with this incidence that gives a perspective of one event from two angles... one on Earth and one in orbit around the moon.

"On July 19, 1969, the Apollo 11 command module had just achieved orbit around the Moon when the Mission Control Center in Houston, Texas, received word that amateur astronomers reported transient phenomena in the vicinity of the crater Aristarchus. Asked to check out the situation, astronaut Neil Armstrong looked out his window toward the earth lit region and observed an "area that is considerably more illuminated than the surrounding area.
It just has -- seems to have a slight amount of fluorescence to it." Although he wasn't sure, Armstrong believed the region was Aristarchus." -

Farshores.org
farshores.org...

And another

UPDATE Sept 07, 2007

REPORTS of curious flashes and fleeting clouds on the Moon may not be figments of wild imaginations, astronomers say. A new look at observations by the American satellite Clementine show that a small area on the Moon's surface darkened and reddened in April 1994. Why this happened remains a mystery.

For hundreds of years, people have reported seeing flashes, short-lived clouds and other brief changes on the Moon's surface. But astronomers have never been able to confirm the sightings. "The events were observed on many occasions, but most astronomers don't believe in them," says Bonnie Buratti of NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California. On 23 April 1994, around a hundred amateur astronomers reported seeing a possible darkening of the Moon, lasting 40 minutes, near the edge of the bright lunar crater Aristarchus. At the same time, the US Department of Defense's Clementine satellite was mapping the lunar surface.

New Scientist
Moon mystery emerges from the X-files
www.newscientist.com...

And finally...

Aristarchus Crater
Apollo 11 Transcript from Mission Log

So it would seem NASA is indeed aware of the glowing crater... actually since 1961 (and earlier from their TLP records)

Reports 1650 to 1950

NASA Technical Report TR R-277. was published in July 1968 as a Chronological Catalog of Reported Lunar Events and is available here - NASA Technical Report TR R-277

1650 Aristarchus "Red Hill." Mons Porphyrites Hevelius B.A.A. Lunar Sec. Circa. 1967, 2, No 8

1784 Aristarchus Nebulous bright spot of light Schroter Schroter 1791
1785 Aristarchus Nebulous bright spot of light Schroter Schroter 1791
1786 Dec 24 Aristarchus Extraordinarily bright Schroter Schroter 1791
1787 May 19-20 Aristarchus Extraordinarily bright von Bruhl Bode 1790; Schroter 1791; Herschel 1912
1788 Apr 9 Aristarchus; 1 hr Extraordinarily bright Bode Bode 1792b
1788 Apr 9-11 Aristarchus Bright spot 26" N of crater rim Schroter, Bode Schroter 1789, 1791, 1792a, 1792b
1788 Sep 26 Near Aristarchus; 30 min Bright spot 26" N of main crater Schroter Rozier 1788, 1792; Schroter 1791
1788 Dec 2, 5:35 am Aristarchus Extraordinarily bright, like star Schroter Schroter 1791

1824 May 1 Near Aristarchus Blinking light, 9th to 10th mag.. on dark side Gobel Gobel 1826
1824 Oct 18 Aristarchus, vicinity Mingling of all kinds of colors in small spots in the W and NW of Aristarchus Gruithuisen Gruithuisen 1824; Fauth 1899
1825 Apr 22 Aristarchus and vicinity Periodic illumination Argelander, Gobel Argelander 1826, Gobel 1826
1866 Jun 10 Aristarchus Star like light Tempel Denning, Tel.Work p.121
1866 Jun 14-16 Aristarchus, vicinity Reddish yellow Tempel Tempel 1867
1866 Dark side Bright spots Hodgson Hodgson 1866
1867 Apr 9, 19h30m - 21h00m Aristarchus, vicinity; 1 hr 30 min Bright spot on dark side, 7th mag., becoming fainter after 20h15m UT Elger Elger 1868
1867 Apr 12, 07h30m - 08h30m Aristarchus, vicinity; 1 hr Bright spot on dark side, 7th mag.. Elger Webb 1962
1867 May 6-7 Aristarchus; at least several hours each night Left side of crater, very bright luminous point, appearing like a volcano Flammarion Flammarion 1884
1867 May 7 Aristarchus, vicinity Reddish yellow, beacon like light Tempel Tempel 1867; Astr. Reg. 1868
1884 Nov 29, 19h00m - 21h00m Aristarchus; 2 hr Nebulous at center; elsewhere features well defined Hislop Sirius 1885
1889 Jul 12, ~20h52m Aristarchus During lunar eclipse, brilliance in surrounding gloom was striking Krueger Krueger 1889; Fisher 1924
1891 May 23, ~18h20m Aristarchus region Lunar eclipse, half hour before end of totality, Aristarchus and region immediately N of it became conspicuous and increased in brightness from that time on W.E. Jackson Jackson 1890-91; Fisher 1924

1931 Aristarchus Bluish glare Goodacre, Molesworth Goodacre 1931
1949 Oct 7, ~02h54m Aristarchus Abnormally bright during lunar eclipse G.Brown, Hare Contrib. by Moore
1949 Nov 3, 01h06m Aristarchus Blue glare, base inner W wall Bartlett Bartlett 1967

1950 Jun 27, 02h30m Aristarchus Blue glare, base inner W wall Bartlett Bartlett 1967
1950 Jun 27 Herodotus Bright point in crater Bartlett Strol. Astr. 1962
1950 Jun 28, 03h27m Aristarchus Blue glare, rim of W wall Bartlett Bartlett 1967
1950 Jun 29, 05h30m Aristarchus Strong bluish glare; E, SE wall Bartlett Bartlett 1967
1950 Jul 26, 02h52m Aristarchus Blue glare, base inner W wall Bartlett Bartlett 1967
1950 Jul 31, 04h50m Aristarchus Violet glare, E, NE rim Bartlett Bartlett 1967
1950 Aug 28, 04h25m Aristarchus Intense blue violet glare; E wall bright spot, E, NE rim Bartlett Bartlett 1967

Author(s): Cameron, W. S.
Abstract: This catalog lists 1468 descriptions of observed lunar transient phenomena reported in the literature.
NASA Center: Goddard Space Flight Center
Publication Year: 1978
Added to NTRS: 2005-08-25
Accession Number: 78N30157; Document ID: 19780022214;
Report Number: NASA-TM-79399, NSSDC WDC-A-R S-78-03

It was available here...
NASA Lunar transient phenomena catalog
ntrs.nasa.gov...|0

I will have to find a new link now...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I was wondering what are the Americans telling these countries who are putting probes around the moon. They see these structures also but are not releasing them. Why? What are the American telling these people?
Were getting new photos of the moon that are no better and in some cases poorer than the ones from the Apollo space craft. What are we telling Japan and India that is making them keep this to themselves? Hmm.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join