It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Moon Mission KAGUYA (SELENE) not releasing HD images of far side of the moon

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Last year I was researching the supposed "cigar shaped craft" on the far side of the moon spotted by Apollo 15 back in 1971. See image here AS15-P-9625
www.lpi.usra.edu...
Scroll to the right just past the large crater at the center of the image you can clearly see the cigar shaped object. It looks like it could be a partially buried space craft.

Part of the Japanese KAGUYA mission was to take Hi Definition images of the entire moon surface. This mission was launched in September of 2007.

I emailed the Japanese Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) in June 2008 and asked them when they would be releasing the HD images of the moon to the public. They replied that the Japanese scientists would be the first to view all the images and the full image gallery would be released to the public around March-April of 2009.

When March 2009 came and went with very few images released to the public, I emailed them again. This time I received no reply. I emailed again when April 2009 came and went and again no reply.

They had a questionare link on the website so I started using this link to ask for the release of more far side images. I also had several friends doing the same thing. On May 11th 2009 questionaire page was closed for some reason.

I am beginning to think there may be a cover up going on. Take a look at the Japanese KAGUYA mission web site image gallery. They have only released a handful of images and they are all from the near side. Not one image of the far side of the moon has been released that I can find.
wms.selene.jaxa.jp...

The mission is completed. They are planning on crashing KAGUYA into the moon surface on June 10th 2009 ending the mission.

They were very open to releasing the images to the public at first but now the lack of images released to the public and the lack of replies from them makes me believe they are not releasing the images for some reason. Maybe there really is something on the far side of the moon. I really was a skeptic when I first starting looking into this but I am starting to believe that there may be something to it.

[edit on 5/28/2009 by Erasurehead]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
You are probably correct in your thinking.

But once again we will be denied untouched photo's.

I'll bet when they do come out, they will have been doctored.

Maybe that's what's taking them so long. Making sure there is nothing unusual showing.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Hey, at least they will be doctored in HD. It'll be the clearest cover up ever? I wonder, if they ever are released if we'll be able to pick out the cut and paste.

+41 more 
posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I want to see the damn pictures. It's 2009, I'm so sick of this bull#... We're being robbed of our own history by people who think they know what's best for humanity.

It's about time the lid came off, I want to see Kaguya's pictures, and every other picture that has been censored by NASA, the ESA, and other space agencies.

It's time. This has to stop.

[edit on 28-5-2009 by JipStix]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I don't think we will ever really no the whole story untill private investors buil there own # to take pictures. But even than the gov will cover that up also

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
hey!

If anything we should all be happy in our resolve in KNOWING their is something on the moon "they" don't want us to know bout.

Take comfort in that - and then go get yourself some moon literature on the subject matter.

Don Wilson - Our Mysterious Spaceship Moon

George Leonard - Somebody Else Is On The Moon

Glen Shakling - We Discovered Alien Bases on the Moon

And look out for the old NASA 1967-9175 publications (when NASA was semi-legit) and photo books of the moon from that time.

But don't be angry - be glad you know something is not so natural about zee moon!

wZn

jra
+2 more 
posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
Part of the Japanese KAGUYA mission was to take Hi Definition images of the entire moon surface.

If you are referring to the HDTV camera's, then you are incorrect. They are strictly for PR and not for gathering scientific data or mapping the entire moon. And I may be wrong, but I believe a Japanese broadcasting company called, NHK, owns the rights to the HDTV footage and not JAXA.

The only other high resolution camera (it's not HD), is the Terrain Camera, which takes 10m/pixel resolution images of the Lunar surface. But I don't believe they mapping the entire Moon with it, just certain areas of interest.

I am beginning to think there may be a cover up going on. Take a look at the Japanese KAGUYA mission web site image gallery. They have only released a handful of images and they are all from the near side. Not one image of the far side of the moon has been released that I can find.
wms.selene.jaxa.jp...

Here are some I found (assuming you meant the HDTV camera)
wms.selene.jaxa.jp...

wms.selene.jaxa.jp...

wms.selene.jaxa.jp...

wms.selene.jaxa.jp...

wms.selene.jaxa.jp...

There's more, just keep looking.

They were very open to releasing the images to the public at first but now the lack of images released to the public and the lack of replies from them makes me believe they are not releasing the images for some reason.

NASA, which I seem to recall, is required to release all there data to the public domain. Other space agencies do not have this requirement.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

Starred and Flagged. Great find.

Remember Clementine Satellite launched in 1994 by the US Navy. Its mission was to take pictures of the moon. The entire moon. 2.1 million pictures were taken by Clementine. But only 187,000 of those photos were shown to public. The rest are deemed "classified".

Here are some photos from Clementine which were released to the public. These are directly from the US Navy's Clementine website. They definitely show tampering like with Photoshop:

Clementine Blur 1

Clementine Blur 2

Clementine Blur 3

When I show people these photos, they scratch their heads and think what theories I may have. But the immediately dismiss them thinking its something wrong with the satellite. Some people just can't accept the truth.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
star and flag for you!

i had no idea Japan was censoring this as well.

the only conclusion i can come to is there must be something very important they don't want to general public to be aware of, if more then a few nations aren't sharing (didn't Russia take a bunch of pictures some years back)

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Uhm has anyone else noticed the bell shaped object to the right and upwards of the cigar shaped object? The object is man made appearing and looks like a dome, totally smooth as well.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2dcefa5b6644.jpg[/atsimg]

The bell is on the original photo but cut off in this post.

GO HERE files.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 28-5-2009 by ExPostFacto]

jra

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by guppy
2.1 million pictures were taken by Clementine. But only 187,000 of those photos were shown to public. The rest are deemed "classified".

Classified? Then how am I able to order 1.8 million (not 2.1 million) images on 88 CD's? nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Here are some photos from Clementine which were released to the public. These are directly from the US Navy's Clementine website. They definitely show tampering like with Photoshop:

When I show people these photos, they scratch their heads and think what theories I may have. But the immediately dismiss them thinking its something wrong with the satellite. Some people just can't accept the truth.

They are image glitches/missing data. Try using the Clementine Lunar browser 2.0 instead of the old 1.5 version and see if you still have the same blurred out areas.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jra

The only other high resolution camera (it's not HD), is the Terrain Camera, which takes 10m/pixel resolution images of the Lunar surface. But I don't believe they mapping the entire Moon with it, just certain areas of interest.

I stand corrected. Yes I am talking about the Hi-Res Terrain Camera. I read somewhere that they were going to take images of the entire moon. I will see if I can find a link. I think this would qualify as an area of interest. I am sure they have a picture of it. This has been a well known area of interest on the moon for decades.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/26214070ca76.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JipStix

I am with you...lets disclose everything!!!! I too am tired of the BU%#&*@!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I found the video archive of HDTV video from the mission. A lot to checkout. I will see if there is any good far side video.

jda.jaxa.jp...

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra
They are image glitches/missing data. Try using the Clementine Lunar browser 2.0 instead of the old 1.5 version and see if you still have the same blurred out areas.

Lunar Browser 2.0 beta is much better. But there are still a whole bunch of blacked out areas. I mean, can you apply the same explanation; data loss?

I dunno. I'll just wait for Lunar Browser 3.0

Regards,

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

Doesn't it appear that this cigar object has a strip of paint around the nose area, or is it just me?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Perhaps they want everyone like those of all the ATS'rs to take an intrest and start raising public arousal?

If anyone here knows how to make a non-paranoid youtube vid that people might be interested in go for it!

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
All you have to do is listen to the past Apollo missions audio to realize so much is being kept from us..

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
There appears to be quite a bit of farside imaging available on that jaxa site:

wms.selene.jaxa.jp...

I would be more interested in images of the Apollo mission artifacts.

That anomaly mentioned in the OP and the "manmade" bell, dome or whatever, look just like natural landscape features to me.

Are there any images on that site which reveal the Clementine zone?

Any of them that show Tranquility base?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I have just sent them an email inquiring about missing images.

I'll let you guys know if I get a response.

Doubt it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join