It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA is Bullish on Wall St. Insider $pooks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

CIA is Bullish on Wall St. Insider $pooks

www.nypost.com

Wall Street wizards may soon be plying their trade on the James Bond market.

The CIA is looking to hire the same investment bankers and financial gurus that many hold responsible for sinking the economy to help President Obama pick up the pieces -- and also catch a few millionaire terrorists.

The spy agency started advertising the jobs on Bloomberg Radio, hoping to recruit investment bankers, top analysts and hedge fund honchos to use their "intelligence for the work of a nation."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: To remove all Cap Title.

[edit on 28-5-2009 by mrwupy]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Just a quick note, it has been a long time secret that no love is lost between the two agency's. As the fbi is slowly being transformed and countless internal issues that have created a lack of trust when sensitive information is at hand.

An open initiation like this will be very attractive to many wiz kids who dwell into the trading market it will also provide information as to the various methods that have not been currently available to other alpha agency's

www.nypost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28/5/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Only thing that surprises me about this is the active open recruiting. I would think that they would do it in a clandestine closed approach. Unless they were trying to send a message out to someone else.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by drift393

Well there are so many ways to avoid taxes that its obvious that the administration has resorted to bring in the big boys. As many past investigations provided less than usable information it was then considered that perhaps it should be handled by a larger more aggressive alpha agency.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Gave me a pause for thought on that one Tristar. Can almost imagine the IRS becoming part of DHS.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
reply to post by drift393

Well there are so many ways to avoid taxes that its obvious that the administration has resorted to bring in the big boys. As many past investigations provided less than usable information it was then considered that perhaps it should be handled by a larger more aggressive alpha agency.

Taxes? These people won't be used to catch tax evaders. It looks like "financial terrorism" is the new buzz word of the day. They probably are just vamping up their analyst staff with these people. Actually, it sounds more than reasonable to me.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I guess we can all agree that by being subjected to loop holes in the system is the most valuable information one would need to in order to understand how things work. So what better approach than to attract the same people who provide methods to investors. Lets not overlook the benefits of such an agreement to any future association with the cia.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Then there is the untold story to what is being published for reasons which you will see bellow.

Such trading on inside information is illegal, and when it involves highly classified details about a future CIA coup, it verges on treason. Yet the researchers found that prices of companies affected by the CIA’s regime-toppling efforts—UFC in Guatemala, Anglo-Iranian (oil) in Iran, Anaconda (mining) in Chile, and American Sugar in Cuba—went up in the weeks and months preceding the coups. (The authors restrict their analysis to coups for which they had access to declassified planning documents and for which U.S. companies had had property nationalized by the targeted regimes.)

peakenergy.blogspot.com...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Many of these same agencies have been having radio commercials here in Northern California for some month's now too. Mostly they are for the FBI who is looking for MANY type's of worker's right now. Guess their ranks are somewhat depleted right now. I have never heard ANY radio commercials for the FBI in all my life!

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

Here is something you might or might not have heard,
www.fbi.gov...

new topics

top topics

join