It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turned off from conspiracy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

the economy is going to collapse, China is our worst enemy, the swine flu is going to come back with a vengeance, food shortages,

This is our alternative news... The sources are most of the time MSM articles via some site like this or some obscure news station running the MSM story.
There are very few alternative news stories i have founf that i can't find on CNN, fox or MSNBC.

know that for many here involving oneself in national politics seems futile and the whole thing just seems unreal - so why bother voting or getting involved, right?

How can a corupt world-controlling secret society be stopped by the very system of government it invented?

[edit on 28-5-2009 by The Mack]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by The Mack

That is not what I get from the news, that is what I see and feel.

The news I am talking about are things like the swine flu thread that started on a Wed night/Thurs morning. That the MSM didn't really pick up until the weekend.

The nuke test in N Korea that was broken here first and not on the MSM here in the US until the next AM.

That is what I mean.

I also mean things like out of control cops and border guards. If I see threads about door to door policing, or large troop movements inside the US where it is not usual, I will certainly not be surprised.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Quite a generalization, don't you think? I mean, just because the Galactic Federation of Light doesn't land their star ships in Central Park doesn't mean the Gulf of Tonkin didn't happen.

The point is that just because there are far out, wacky, highly illogical theories posed by some, doesn't mean that there is no such thing as a real conspiracy.

When I see threads about those wacky topics, I simply don't read them. Instead, I focus my attention on events and situations that I perceive may have more to them than is obvious.

I don't think the Annunaki are riding planet X back to usher in the end of the world, but I think it's more plausible than the official story of 9/11. Catch my drift?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FrankWhite222

check the source on those news articles 9 times out of 10 they always come from some MSM source.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

Cool so you got the Gulf of Tonkin incident may or may not have happened. So it was done to put us fighting against vietnam so that the NWO could make more money (they own the bank) off the governent(which they are involved with and control). So that we the people would have to pay off this debt via taxes to a government that is opperated and controlled by the people it owes. In summation the (whatever secret society that runs the world) has been taking money out of it's left pocket and sticking it in it's right pocket for years.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Maybe it's safe where you live, but other things are happening in other parts of the world. Just go to any city and you will see endless surveillance cameras pointed in every which direction. Now they have surveillance cameras with speakers, so that the camera operator can scold you for any possible "pre-crime" that you may engage in. There is stuff happening right now, just look at the news sites, especially those in countries other than the US.

I find flaws in even arguments posted by established conspiracy theorists. You simply have to turn on your "personal filter," like harrytuttle said, and decide for yourself what is probable and what is not.

And yes, people who mostly fear-monger should not be accepted at face value.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisCrikey

I totally agree. The safest place when the SHTF is small town America. Where you can live without big brother in your face 24/7. Buy a small piece of property, plant a garden, buy guns and ammo and take your family away from the city. People in the cities will be eating each other when the crash comes...

Get involved with local politics where you can make a difference.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

check the source on those news articles 9 times out of 10 they always come from some MSM source.

This is what I find amusing to a degree. When a thread is started based on some alternative "news" source, it gets taken apart for not being a "credible" source. Yet, if it is coming from CNN etc. then it is credible. Of course the next thread over will be all about how you cannot trust the MSM, they lie and have an agenda. Sort of a catch 22 there.....

Anyway, I have to agree with you in the fact that something needs to happen and it needs to happen soon. Whether it is........

Alien contact
disclosure of alien contact
Planet X/Nibiru actually being found
a real "Missing Link" (monkey->man)
Atlantis
Lemuria
WW3
9/11 absolute proven truth (no grey area)
Bluebeam proof and happening
Jesus evidence
antichrist shows up
Matreya(sp?) shows up
etc etc etc

Something, anything......

I think the natives are restless and need some action to help continue the fight.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Mack
Has anyone else on ATS been turned off on the whole subject of conspiracy or is it just me?

How do you control 6 Billion people?

Just asking.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Mack

Now I'm at the point where i want to see an Amero, forced RFID chipping, a FEMA camp or a president declare marshal law.

Stay alive 10 or 20 more years...

You're gonna see some fireworks.

I feel sorry for the children.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

I think people have been saying that for about 10 or 20. One guy wrote a book about it in 1949

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Welcome to the Matrix, do you want to be unplugged? its your decision!!!

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   

great thread and i know what you mean. the conspiracies all boil down to one thing i.e. the world is coming to an end.

The problem is that unless there is a mention of Nibiru or Aliens landing or wwIII no one pays attention to the threads and they are deemed too boring. But dont give up on ATS, there are good tid bits of info which are never on the MSM - you may just never know

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
You're absolutely right. I've been a lurker myself for quite some time. During that time I've been a complete skeptic, but I just found the topics quite interesting. The more I read about them lately though, the more I get turned off. I stopped reading the conspiracy threads months ago. Right now I'm really only here for the breaking news topics because there really is no one site that puts it all together for you.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I agree with almost every post in this thread. . .which, in itself, is a very strange thing that someone should investigate. (I suspect subliminals.)

Although there is a lot of chaff, there are a lot of things I appreciate about ATS.

1. It brings most of the topics I am interested in into a single place. If I want to read abut politcal conspiracy, I can go to AT. If I want to learn about meditation techniques, I can go to AT. If I want to to read about how religions are screwing up again, I can go to AT. (No good MMA /UFC threads here, though.)

2. I actually learn new stuff here. Sure, it is a rare event,
but there are certain posters who have actually done the research, dug up information that wasn't available from Google.

3. ATS lowers our taxes. It provides our shadow government a single source for keeping tabs on us alternative thinkers, which reduces the number of staff they need, which saves us tax dollars.

4. . . .and the chaff is some of the best chaff on the Internet. You know, sometimes you just want to watch a very bad movie. When I'm feeling that, I generally hit ATS rather than popping in that old Toxic Avenger 3 DVD.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I just feel that sometimes there is a very fine line you have to walk. You either have to be a tin-foil hatter or a narrow minded skeptic.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join