It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turned off from conspiracy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
My eyes are open now, the only difference is I'm pretty sure i know what im looking at.

I have been a lurker on ATS for a loooooooooong time, i recently joined and thought i could give it a crack.
Durring all this time i have seen the same threads over and over, I am not sick of it im just seeing the big picture now. 90% of all political conspiracy is BS, and ATS has clearly demonstrated it to me. The more i read into all this now the more I refuse to believe it. I know I know i need to take the Red pill, deny ignorance and go down the rabbit hole.
Now I'm at the point where i want to see an Amero, forced RFID chipping, a FEMA camp or a president declare marshal law. But i think i spoke to soon another thread has just popped up and it is happeneing next week. Next month the GFL will land to make contact and in 3 years the world will be over (Y2K anyone) or "awakened or elevated".
The NWO Masons Illuminati run the planet and have since the times of jesus, they just happen to be the most well known secret societies in the world. But Ron Paul was the stand up guy to vote for, unless he won then he would be another NWO agent. Why even vote at all or debate who is the better canidate? It does not matter if they are both being controlled by the Masonic Illuminati reptilians from the middle of the world.
People can call the people who do not buy into conspiracy and watch the news Sheep if you want, i just find it ironic if get your information from "alternative" news sources that just put a spin on mainstream stories or invent their own.
Here is an idea for ya, you can even start your own prediction thread. Alex Jones' inevitable death will be tied to the NWO and Lizzards will kill David Icke, those are threads you WILL SEE in the future.
Has anyone else on ATS been turned off on the whole subject of conspiracy or is it just me?

[edit on 28-5-2009 by The Mack]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
well good for you for seeing the light. i guess you could call it the light but i would have to agree there are a lot of whacky conspiracies for one like nibiru and the annukai thats just 1 that i cannot connect 2 in any way but i never read deep into it but i do like a decent amount of conspiracies specially 9/11 but i dont look at many conspiracy threads.

Just do what i do and ignore them and look at the threads you find interesting

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I made a similar thread not all that long ago

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I guess there are other hobbies out there you could busy yourself with, basket weaving or water color painting, you could even get into clogging or yodeling or putting little ships into glass bottles. When I see stuff like "Masonic Illuminati reptilians from the middle of the world" it makes me wonder why you came to ATS in the first place as you don't seem to have gained much insight from the loooooong time you've spent here.
As for myself, no, I'm not turned off by participating here. For the first time in human history, information is available, people can speak out and knowledge can be shared openly and without fear of being burned at the stake for heresy. To me that's important, being a part of that exchange is an honor, waking people up to the scumbags that have used them to further their own agendas for Eons is a duty of compassion.
If all you've gotten out of this site is Masonic Illuminati reptilians from the middle of the world, then perhaps you've been following the wrong threads. Try this one for example...

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Oh and i forgot every republican president triggers a " president ____ is taking your rights" thread and every dem president triggers "president ______ wants to take away your guns" thread.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by The Mack

You're so convincing and I really do believe that you want to see all those things come to fruition and you're not really just wanting to stir the pot for attention purposes.

Really, I do.

Peace

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

I'm with him on this, it would be nice to see something fabricate amongst all this talk.

The only thing for sure was, when Mexico declarred martial law in two cities, and that was a stretch. And the gas prices and economy, other then that, I personally haven't seen anything drastic.

Would like to, and at the same time, yeah I woulndn't

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
It may all seem a little crazy, but look a little deeper. These things don't happen overnight. It has taken over 200 years for the constitution to be nibbled away to the point it is today. Just in the last 100 years, the amount of laws written has increased exponentially.

I don't buy into all the stuff either, and I sure wish I could see a great UFO video that has some merit.

I definitely see that MSM reports a lot differently now. We have to always be looking for the competing half-truths to form a solid picture of what is actually happening.

I joined recently because of how good the ATSers are at debunking things, calling out faulty sources, and getting to the bottom of things.

Don't write off all the conspiracies, just don't expect to see the all come to fruition anytime soon. It may be 100's of years before one of these threads looks prophetic!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

That is not all i have gotten out of this site. Those subject just tend to bleed into all the other boards and threads that i like.
UFOs- they are reptilian and the NWO does not want you to know about it

Religion- the Masons know about the secret bloodline, or jesus was an alien or religion is just a trick of the NWO.

predictions- NWO declares martial law in 20__, the world is ending

pretty much in all boards in some way or another the threads get mixed in with either
A.Being controlled by NWO masonic illuminati big brother
B. Things the NWO masonic illuminati big brother does not want you to know about

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
You have to turn your personal filter WAY up.

I've discovered that just skimming the top/pop topic headlines is enough to see if there is anything worthwhile to read.

Back out of threads if they are obviously stupid, and don't get baited into replying by ridiculous threads - it's an energy/time vampire.

Only use ATS for that and sharing any interesting stories/info you come across and you will do just fine. The nature of the internet is generally to overwhelm people who try to soak it all in.

So, just turn your filter up, skim, and share.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

This. I want to see it happen so I know I'm not "crazy," but then again, I definitely DONT want to see it happen, you know?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I know how you feel but I must say some of these theories have merit. You have to wade through alot of chaff to get to the wheat.
I have definant doubts as to the official story of 9/11. I have no doubt about a conspiracy for a nwo or global governence,they have as much as admitted to that one.
No I dont believe alot of way out there (for me) theorys but ATS definantly is on top of many world events with some very intellegent people participating in some of the higher quality threads. Just yesterday I heard about NK's nuclear test here before it broke anywhere else. Thats quality info,you just have to be more careful what you focus on. Dont waste your time on areas that you have no interest in.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
No, I don't think you are alone here on ATS for feeling the way you do.

However, I don't think it's entirely fair to say that everyone is wrong either. In the short time that I've been here, I've met many level-headed individuals who are quite intelligent and well educated. There have even been a few who have corrected me when I've misstated a fact or two, showing that they are scrutinizing details far closer than I do. There are some very impressive individuals on ATS, even if there are those that might be pretty far out there too.

99% of the posts on ATS I have to stifle a giggle or roll my eyes. Some posts even make me do a /face_palm when I read them. Still, I come here several times a day.

I do think that the majority of Conspiracy Theories are delusional in the respect that they are fear-mongering by people who cannot understand something that is larger or more complex of an issue than their experience can relate to. I also believe that a large number of them can be attributable to earnest people who want to believe who sometimes grasp for straws trying to justify their belief, inadvertently fulfilling their delusion. Add in zealous religious belief and you've got a powerful concoction, real or imagined. Belief is a powerful thing and cannot be easily dismissed or refuted by Reason. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it sometimes takes people down avenues that make them a mockery to those who don't share the exact same beliefs.

However, that isn't to say that all Conspiracy Theories are wrong either. Ever see the campy movie Conspiracy Theory with Mel Gibson and Julia Roberts? The guy is a total nut but even he gets one out thousands of Conspiracy Theories right, and thus the plotline of the movie develops. There are Conspiracies in real life. This is a fact. With thousands of different groups within Politics and Government working for separate, specific goals, there's a lot of things that happen behind the scenes to promote one group's agenda over everyone else's. It's inevitable that every once in a while there will be people who hit the nail on the head and call a spade a spade, having stumbled upon a real life Conspiracy Theory.

There are days that I feel I can get more out of reading Wiki-Leaks than I can ATS. However, I've come to respect my fellow ATSer, the nuts and delusional believers, along with the less credulous and scrutinizing voices of reason, as we are all entitled to our own opinions, no matter how off the wall they may seem. After all, who is to say that any one belief is any more absurd than another belief? That is a personal choice we have to make for ourselves, but one that would be wrong for us to make for another.

Live and let live, I say. Does it do anyone any harm that people are off in the woods clutching their Bibles in one hand and gun in the other waiting in paranoia for the Alien Reptilian Slave Overlords to return on 12/12/2012 as prophesied in Revelations and on the Mayan Calendar because Jesus visited the Americas after the crucifixion as the Angel Moroni told to his chosen Apostle? If that's their belief and they want to spend their time sweating bullets until that day comes and goes, that's entirely their right to do so and it's not my place to tell them it's wrong.

(However, I do reserve the right to snicker behind their backs and giggle like a school girl, as that is my right.)

I suppose if those who believe that the earth needs to be depopulated by 90% start to pursue some self-fulfilling prophecy in accomplishing those ends, then we'd have a different issue to discuss. However, as long as people are discussing why they think it's going to happen, then it's all good by me, even if I personally believe the world can easily sustain at least 600 Billion people with proper farming techniques.

After all, I'm sure there are plenty of people on these boards who would think we nay-sayers who don't believe are the delusional ones...and they would be entirely within their right to think so. It's all a matter of perspective...but as long as we remain tolerant and civil and respectful of one another, then perhaps we all might bring something unique to the table to share with one another and learn something from each other.

And if it's any consolation...I read Intel Reports from various government agencies world-wide on a daily basis, and some of them have the same kind of delusional fear-mongering that you would come to expect to see on a Conspiracy Theory site like ATS. Sometimes even the "professionals" are further out there than anyone here.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Heatburger

No, I don't really buy into the Hype of RFID chips, I think it would just really stir the pot up abit, i'm a little twisted albeit, but it would really make things interesting, from the mostly mundane world.

Noone wants the world to end (well some religious groups) but they write books and movies about it constantly, i'm just a guy who'd rather live in the end of times, then in the mundane part of bs lies and scribbles on the wall.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I have no intentions of leaving i have loved this site for years, i got to see what the john titor thing did to this place. This is my favorite site.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Haha the RFID chip, that's one thing I realistically see coming to frution, and one thing I will never take part of, whether it's "the mark of the beast" or just an easy way to remotely kill me, I will not have a chip in my body just bow to Big Brother.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

In the words of David Icke: "Problem Reaction Solution".

RFID tech is kicking in, i have one in my bloody passport. BarclayCards also have them.

Watched the Gadget Show the other day in the UK and they had an article about capturing retinal scans from 50foot !!

It may not happen overnight, but the lockdown is happening gradually.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

That is the point it is always anyday now.... While the MSM is always trying to keep the people scared and afraid of everyone the conspiracy circles preach of the impending doom on the horizon,RFID chips, big brother, cammeras. Threat level orange? what a joke they just want to scare me to keep me from going outside, where ALL their big brother camera devices are.
Ironic?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I mainly use it for getting news that might break in the main stream days later if at all.

I honestly think that the economy is going to collapse, China is our worst enemy, the swine flu is going to come back with a vengeance, food shortages, and the the 2nd US revolution may very well break out during the hot summer months ahead.

Tempers run high when it is hot, especially if you can not afford to run the AC.

Logically, martial law could and would follow any of these events if they are out of hand. Add two together and martial law may not be such a bad thing really.

I suspect that this site will break the news a bit earlier since everyone basically acts as a reporter and they all have their eyes open for "Unusual Things"

Timing will be everything.

So take it for what it is worth.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I know that for many here involving oneself in national politics seems futile and the whole thing just seems unreal - so why bother voting or getting involved, right?
Just as an experiment I wish some of you would find out about what your local governments are doing...you will see that there is also plenty of corruption there but it is easier to fight on that level and the fights are so much more real and of real consequence. This becomes even more true if you are a homeowner. It's real and you can make a difference and pick any number of issues and causes and find out that indeed you can make a difference.

It is sad that so many people at ATS have thrown up their hands and given up. Have some courage and stop being such victims.

Do you know the power players in your own town? Do you know what local corporation commissions do? Do you know anything about water rights in your immediate community?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join