It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is preventing them to reveal themselves?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
reply to post by Amaterasu

Where did you get your degree in genetics because its wrong. Inbreeding can cause genetic mutations in any animal. Have you ever heard of culling cattle do you know what that is? If a cattle rancher has a certain desired trait in cattle he can inbreed them and what they do is kill the genetic mutations which is called culling. So where ever you heard about genetics they were wrong!

Now I didn't say certain traits could not be encouraged by breeding some "strains" of animals with others, like Angus and Brown cattle. Culling herds has to do with removing sick animals, but these sick animals are usually infected with disease, not genetically challenged. Or removing animals that are not sick, per se, but do not show the traits they're looking for.

If you breed a given "strain" only, there are very seldom show any genetically challenged offspring. And you can inbreed them for generations.

As far as DNA it is a blue print any change can be as something as simple as changing eye color or one change you can end up with 6 fingers the more complicated the DNA strand the more likely it is to have a genetic desease but we by far are not the only species that deals with this. Dogs actually have more genetic disorders then we deal with so again your theory is wrong.

Dogs may have these genetic disorders, but they do NOT have 4,000+ different issues - maybe a dozen or two, all in the purebred individuals. These purebred individuals have been inbred for hundreds of generations. If inbreeding was as touchy as with humans, dogs would have shown HUGE issues in two generations. So...

You're wrong. Not me.

As for the terra papers it is science fiction nothing more

"Science fiction" that accords with Sumerian tablets that weren't translated when it was written. What are the odds of THAT??? (Seems all kinds of unlikely things are being suggested in this thread.)

granted good story i was intrigued but on closer examination there is no such myths legends anything even close in any Native American legends it was entirely made up.And i not going into summarian text because its just a misinterpretation but that would be another thread.

Huh. It is a story given to the Hopi in 1947. If you're looking for legends from ancient times...you will be looking a long time.

And, I might ask, how do you know that any given interpretation is the "right" one? How do you know that the interpreters weren't looking for interpretations that did not suggest alien intervention out of fear of the implications?

And then others might say, "Oh, yeah. It must mean THAT, because what it seems to be saying just can't be true." And then you have a body of individuals claiming that the true interpretations mean something that was agreed upon based on denial.

I mean, this is plausible.

And if you add the probability that some might be deliberately skewing interpretations so as to obscure the truth...

I'm just saying that, like the interpretation of the data might be on the lines of the Platonics that added spheres and epispheres to explain the movements of the planets as they revolve around the earth... If the data do not fit a preconceived model, other interpretations are sought.

So to just accept one interpretation over another because it's comfortable and not because it has been researched with a fully open mind...leads to a likelihood that one is basing one's view on bad interpretation.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Or it could be none-of-the-above. It could just be they do not care to reveal themselves and look at us the same way we would look at an isolated tribe in the Amazon or the Sentinelese Islands. Or even worse, they have no more desire to reveal themselves to us than we would to an ant colony and look at us much the same way.

If you want this field to be taken seriously, you need to forget the pulp science fiction stories you grew up on.

Good points, that could be a reason. But I don't completely agree on this:

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
It could just be they do not care to reveal themselves and look at us the same way we would look at an isolated tribe in the Amazon or the Sentinelese Islands.

If we would discover that on mars there are intelligent ants that can build things, fly into space and even clone themselves; I think we would try to make contact with them.

But that's my opinion.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
BTW guys, saying that they engineered our DNA was only an example / possibility.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by sc4venger]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Perhaps the elephant in the room here as to why ETs have not revealed themselves is because maybe they do not exist in the first place?

I'm inclined to think that intelligent life exists somewhere else in the universe. Yet, it remains to be conclusively seen if any such intelligent life has visited Earth. We do not know for certain, do we? Is there irrefutable proof that it exists somewhere and/or has visited Earth?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by synchro
Perhaps the elephant in the room here as to why ETs have not revealed themselves is because maybe they do not exist in the first place?

I'm inclined to think that intelligent life exists somewhere else in the universe. Yet, it remains to be conclusively seen if any such intelligent life has visited Earth. We do not know for certain, do we? Is there irrefutable proof that it exists somewhere and/or has visited Earth?

I agree life is probably all over the universe in the form of microbes but what are truly the odds of developing intelligent life. For example if dinosaurs were not destroyed dies out not going into how thats another thread. Would they be capable of interstellar flight i dont think so they had a very long run and the best we ended up with still didn't come close to what a chimpanzee can do.

As far as the drake equation i know someones going to bring t up sooner or later its estimated 1000 planets may sustain life in the milky way. Now 1st id like to point out if the earth only had 1000 people the odds of seeing another human would be incredibly low imagine scaling this up to our galaxy.The drake equation doesn't take other factors into account as well like when did this species evolve could have been a million years ago and now there gone and we never even knew. Natural disasters We know planets can be destroyed. Then there is the fact that i think intelligent species tend to destroy themselves eventually. All and all i would be shocked if there was more than 10 intelligent species in our galaxywith the capabilities to develop technology.And out of those 10 how many do you think mastered interstellar travel? We haven't so for now the answer is statistically against it. And even if we do whats the odds of finding another species in the vastness of our galaxy.

[edit on 5/29/09 by dragonridr]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Or, as a variation of that, they only partially exist in this universe (or this "context" of spacetime), and only interact with this universe sporadically and very temporarily, as a result of either their or our "allowance" of them to exist here.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Just use this as an example:

If they send One alien to each and every home across the world to greet the humans, what do you think would happen?
I'm guessing 50% of all the aliens would get killed by us.

Out of fear, fear of the unknown, they still look scary for a lot of people (because of all the movies etc.)

Our race is just too violent, just look at all the stuff currently happening in the world, this will never end until we all blow ourselfs up with atom bombs.
A world driven by money, power, ..

I wish out of the bottom of my heart that the governments stop lying and stop fighting over money, resources and all that.
I'll be hoping for the day that the natural resources from the earth run out..

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

This is a possibility. Personally, I have not seen one but I do hope there are other intelligent species out there that are thousands or even millions of years in advance on us. Simply because I could not believe that all this space would be for us, the human kind does not deserve it at all. If we are the smartest thing in the universe than we are completely ****ed. We need help and mentors to help fix our problems and the corruption within our society.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by xetex
Our race is just too violent, just look at all the stuff currently happening in the world, this will never end until we all blow ourselfs up with atom bombs.
A world driven by money, power, ..

Which race is that? The Human Hearted or the Lizard Hearted? The fact that on Christmas in (I think it was WWII...?) troops from both sides in the battle field came together, shared food and such, and three days later had to be ordered to start fighting again.

Humans are violent for a need for money; Lizards are only violent with us as tools, out a love of money. (They make LOTS of money on wars.)

I wish out of the bottom of my heart that the governments stop lying and stop fighting over money, resources and all that.

Why do you suppose they do that? For fun? No, it is a method of getting rid of large numbers of Humans, while making money hand over fist. They concoct things like 9/11 to dupe us into wars (and give up rights), playing on the capacity to feel emotion that we have, and meanwhile, we are used as fodder against one another.

I'll be hoping for the day that the natural resources from the earth run out..

You'll be waiting a very long while. This planet has enough to support us in abundance ten times over. You might be interested in reading my FREE book (linked in my sig.).

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
On Morningsky...

Originally posted by Amaterasu
He IS half Hopi and half Apache.

HE IS NOT KNOWN IN ANY HOPI OR APACHE COMMUNITY. THIS IS FACT. NO COMMUNITY RECOGNIZES HIM AS A MEMBER OF THEIR 'TRIBE'.

And... When I have introduced The Terra Papers to some friends, who were close to several tribes here in New York State (not exactly Hopi territory), they said they had several of their native American friends recommend the Papers to them and they were glad to finally get to read them.

This whole paragraph is nonsense.

So I suspect SOME native Americans know and take the work seriously.

Why because your white friends who have met some native people one time liked the papers? Who cares what your friends think? If you are attempting to actually provide some type of defense for Morningsky not being a fraud, then I would say your use of completely unconnected personal anecdotes is beyond reproach. Don't waste anymore of anyone's time. Ridiculous.

Why don't you call each HOPI community and find out if you can even find one person who knows him. Morningsky is not an Apache or Hopi name. 100% FRAUD trying to bank off Native spirituality. Sounds like good 'ole colonization over again. Way to back up the massacre of other peoples culture by propping up a fake.

I don't know anything about you, but you're fighting a battle for someone who is not genuine. ASK HIM THE NAME OF HIS GRANDFATHER...
WHAT COMMUNITY DID HE GROW UP IN?

LIAR.

Tell 'em Snoop:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b0d547f39bc8.gif[/atsimg]

[edit on 29-5-2009 by bloodline]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bloodline
On Morningsky...

He IS half Hopi and half Apache.

HE IS NOT KNOWN IN ANY HOPI OR APACHE COMMUNITY. THIS IS FACT. NO COMMUNITY RECOGNIZES HIM AS A MEMBER OF THEIR 'TRIBE'.

Hey. Shouting is rude. Perhaps the misunderstanding is that he IS of tribes. But perhaps none now "recognize" him as theirs. I don't know. I just know that he has 1/2 Hopi and 1/2 Apache.

Still, what proof do you have that he is not recognized in any tribe?

And... When I have introduced The Terra Papers to some friends, who were close to several tribes here in New York State (not exactly Hopi territory), they said they had several of their native American friends recommend the Papers to them and they were glad to finally get to read them.

This whole paragraph is nonsense.

I recount my experience and you say it's nonsense. Perhaps you have reading comprehension issues? Or are you accusing me of lying?

I swear by my honor that this is true that friends had the Papers recommended by local members of local tribes in mid-state New York.

Take that for whatever you will.

So I suspect SOME native Americans know and take the work seriously.

Why because your white friends who have met some native people one time liked the papers?

Yes, I'm beginning to think it's a reading comprehension issue. I said "friendS of mine," plural. I said the they were "friends" with the tribal members. I DID NOT SAY "white." And I said that they WANTED to read the Papers based on a NUMBER of recommendations.

Or are you just being snot-ass rude?

Who cares what your friends think?

Though I mentioned their interest, the point was that THEY ALREADY WERE AWARE OF THE PAPERS when I brought them a printout, and that their awareness came from native Americans.

I'm leaning towards the snot-ass option.

If you are attempting to actually provide some type of defense for Morningsky not being a fraud, then I would say your use of completely unconnected personal anecdotes is beyond reproach. Don't waste anymore of anyone's time. Ridiculous.

WTF? I am NOT trying to defend Morning Sky so much as address statements you made that I had evidence far to the contrary. Your statement that no native Americans were aware or or supported the Papers.

Why don't you call each HOPI community and find out if you can even find one person who knows him. Morningsky is not an Apache or Hopi name. 100% FRAUD trying to bank off Native spirituality. Sounds like good 'ole colonization over again. Way to back up the massacre of other peoples culture by propping up a fake.

Have YOU done this? No? And by the way... It's "Morning Sky," not "Morningsky." And to be frank, it is likely an Apache name. What's so important to you that you feel so invested in smearing him?

And what the hell is all this creppola about "colonization" and the "massacre of other peoples culture?"

I don't get into his personal spiritual issues (if any). I DO believe that The Terra Papers are true.

Interesting fact: The Papers were written BEFORE Star Wars, but have the AR ships (never called "death stars") that are very closely associated with the Star Wars Death Star. Joseph Campbell spent a long while with the Hopi...AND - he was George Lucas's mentor and friend.

Do you suppose there MIGHT be a link?

I don't know anything about you, but you're fighting a battle for someone who is not genuine. ASK HIM THE NAME OF HIS GRANDFATHER...
WHAT COMMUNITY DID HE GROW UP IN?

I will see if I can get a hold of him and find out. In the mean time, let's discuss why it's so important for you to be so vehement on this topic. To the point you call him:

LIAR.

[edit on 5/29/2009 by Amaterasu]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sc4venger

What is preventing them to reveal themselves?

One must consider a relatively simple explanation, and that is they (whoever they are) have not visited this planet within the tiny spec of time man has been sentient.

Probably the most boring and unimaginative answer out there. There is enough imagination in this thread as it is, so this is my lame attempt to bring balance back to the force

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
has anyone ever considered the possibility that whatever planet these E.T.'s are from does not have the same kind of atmospheric conditions as our planet ?

what are the odds of another planet having the same exact breathable air ?

could that be a reason for them not to land ? i have noticed in many ufo sightings story's they are sighted near water and if they do land and aliens are spotted they don't stick around long. maybe they like the water better ?

of course another explanation might be people shooting at them

[edit on 29-5-2009 by easynow]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
because darkness will always be separate from light. simple

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
what are the odds of another planet having the same exact breathable air ?

I think that depends on how many planets one credits as existing in this Universe. But I would say the odds of another planet close enough as makes no difference existing at odds approaching 100%.

What are the odds that we have over 1,000 in our galaxy? I'm going to give an educated guess at about 97%.

Anyway, the issue is not whether the aliens have an exact match, so much as whether they have interest enough in what's going on here to bundle themselves up in what we would term "spacesuits" or "diving suits." (Basically the same thing, just developed for different atmospheres - or lack thereof.)

Presuming the conditions here on Earth are not to their liking.

I give the likelihood that we are of interest for reasons few humans will or want to credit at about 88% in general, and again approaching 100% if we take The Terra Papers as truth.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
because darkness will always be separate from light. simple

Pardon me... Could you define "darkness?" And "light?" I'm having issues seeing what you're driving at here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join