It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple Ordered to Stop Holding Bible Study at Home Without Permit

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
As I understand it there is NO Set Belief as Wiccan. Its more like guidelines - - of an Earth belief.

Wiccans & Covens are independent and interpret as they choose.

My Wiccan friends also believe in Jesus. They just don't follow hard-line Christianity.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
First off, to those who are saying that it might be that the pastor had his church on his property, and it may be an actual zoning issue, or something like that, the pastor already has a church in National City, called South Bay Community Church.

Second: The county backed down!

County won't force permit on Bible study leaders

www3.signonsandiego.com...

Barraged by hundreds of complaints, San Diego County officials backed down yesterday from their enforcement.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by MoonChild02

Barraged by hundreds of complaints, San Diego County officials backed down yesterday from their enforcement.

Now yer talkin
:up;

Maybe there is hope for us yet

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by MoonChild02

Now yer talkin
:up;

Maybe there is hope for us yet

Eventually, they will do something like this and not back down. Eventually, most people won't even care.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
This must have been triggered by a neighbor complaint. I don't think the county code enforcers are trolling the churches to find out about elicit meetings.

If there were a significant amount of parked cars, it may have caused someone to complain. In my neighborhood, no one would complain once or twice, but if this happened weekly in mass, then they do need to find another venue for their large group.

If the gathering was centered around a TV show, card game, or anything else, it would still have to not disturb the neighbors. This doesn't sound like a religious issue.

edit: Just read the second link to the full story. It says they have an average of 15 people. That is not a large group, the pastor's wife also says the county official asked if they pray, or say "amen." If so it requires a "Major Use" permit that costs thousands of dollars.

So....maybe it was religious in nature, but I still think they could rotate their bible study around between everyone's homes and sidestep this issue. That is how most study groups/card games are organized.

[edit on 28-5-2009 by getreadyalready]

Even though the courts have ruled in favor of zoning laws, this sounds Unconstitutional on the face of it, both on the grounds of Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Religion, and the right of people to peaceably assemble.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I long had my suspicions that the west coast would be the site of the next "revolution" of sorts. I just didn't see it as being so ridiculous. Whatever, just so long said revolution isn't violent.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
I long had my suspicions that the west coast would be the site of the next "revolution" of sorts. I just didn't see it as being so ridiculous. Whatever, just so long said revolution isn't violent.

While it would be nice for a revolution to be non-violent unfortunately the past does not support this case. Usually by the time a revolution is needed, it's to late for a peaceful revolt. Sometimes to have meaningful change and a revolution, violence is necessary and warranted.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by TurkeyBurgers
Wow this sounds ridiculous. Bible study needs a PERMIT? Why would it matter how many people they had? They could have 500 people over every single night for dinner and prayer if they wanted.

How is this anyone business?

It is everyone's business, because we live in a society. If you own 500 acres outside of town, have as many people over as you wish, but if you live in a subdivision, 15 people every week could be annoying to your neighbors. The point of the permit is just so they can turn around and say no you cannot do that there, it is zoned wrong.

Thats fine but what was the guy doing asking about prayer and if they said "amen". Strange.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Originally posted by Gorman91

While it would be nice for a revolution to be non-violent unfortunately the past does not support this case. Usually by the time a revolution is needed, it's to late for a peaceful revolt. Sometimes to have meaningful change and a revolution, violence is necessary and warranted.

I fear a revolution becouse it looks like we are being lead into it. Once it hits the fan it may become a "purge" of certain undesirables that are holding up the new order. The puppet masters just needs to provoke the right people to defend themselves and then the new order will use it as justification to protect.

People dont realize the amount on non combatants that were interred during the civil war. Many non combatants died languishing in prison camps.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

Yeah I noticed the details of how many people were on that 25,000 sq/ft of recreational space. To me a bible study is say 5-25 people. I wonder how many were there?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I just can't support a violent revolution. 4 years ago I had a series of dreams that freaked the crap out of me that simply make me not want violence. I was fighting my fellow countrymen and saw New York burning in the background, and the Freedom tower standing there, just almost complete. I'm sorry, that dream hit deep. I'm not going to support the death of my friends and family in a revolution until the government is equal to the Nazis.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
:-( only more of a sign that our savior is comming soon... too soon :-X Im scared, not nessesarily for myself, although I will probably be brutally killed by the antichrist and his minions for my faithfulness to the father in heaven, I am more worried for the souls of the countless sinners that decide its too convienent to continue sin and cursing god, accepting the antichrist as their savior and "God". And following in his dark sinister ways.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

With California on the brink of bankruptcy and permits for public assembly being a source of income it's no wonder any form of public gathering is being viewed suspiciously....

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join