It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WORLD: Korea Showdown - Latest News and Updates.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Just following the latest info coming in from MSM. " A high-level U.S. delegation is going to Asia for "intensive consultations" on what North Korea's increasingly alarming behavior means for U.S. security alliances in the region."

This is in additon to Defense Secretary Robert Gates previosly announced trip. I feel like the bottom line here is that all concerned are very unsure if this another episode of Kim Jong Il doing his thing as he has done in the past or if he has really gone over the edge. Maybe he knows his time has come to an end and wants to be sure he is not forgotten, but who can really say what goes on in his mind.

I totally agree and hope as others have said that this will die down over the next few weeks......but I still have this nagging voice in the back of my head saying this may be different. Just seeing how many are here posting on the subject leads me to believe I am not alone in thinking this.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Very much motions in Korean Peninsula today - North Korea loads new missiles very possibly to launch sites (according to some rumors emerging) - South Korea is crying today for their Ex-president, which very strangely kills him self just 24 hours before NK nuke test in monday... Strange times indeed!

Ex-SKorean president's body en route to Seoul

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — Thousands of mourners wept as the hearse carrying ex-President Roh Moo-hyun left his southern hometown near Busan early Friday morning for his funeral in Seoul nearly a week after he leapt to his death.

www.google.com...

Lets hope that world is not so crazy, that NK would start barrage with 12 000 artillery barrels to middle of thousands mournering crowd of Seoul... Just think the impact!

I go sleep now - it has been interesting night with you all - keep up the good work in here, and lets hope that we are just wittnessing another Psy-Op there, and no one has to die because "The Great Game", and for better banksters profits tonight.

Peace - thanks - and good night!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Actually its more like 28,500 if you want to nit pick.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Not a twitter member, but perhaps someone can check twitter and see if we have some people twitting in South Korea, perhaps even in that city with the seismic activity and see if we can get some hands on accounts of perhaps some news MSM is not reporting..

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I just heard this on the radio.

This is not very good news as things often happen like this before an engagement.

Remember the assassination in Viet Nam that took JFK by surprise according to McNamara.

Reminds me of this. The Korean front if opened would drain the US of its resources and the draft would open.

Remember we are still at war with Korea...North.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Janus I posted the fact following the assassination of the former leader of SK on the 23 before the nuke show.

Dark clouds are being painted on both sides of the US. The US will or could be boxed in by NK/SK as well as in the SWAT and Afghanistan.

Sort of like the foreplay back in the 1930's before ww2.

History never repeats it echos.

WR

edit Pelosi just got back from China. I wonder if she pissed someone off...lol..started this little pissing match.lol

spelling mistake..read down the thread.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by whiteraven]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
"North Korea Joins Twitter"

www.stuff.co.nz...

Not sure if this has been posted:

Official Webpage of The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK)

www.korea-dpr.com...

[edit on 28-5-2009 by CINY8]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I live in South Korea, about three hours south of Seoul.

If you have any specific questions that I might be able to answer, I would be happy to address them.

I visited the North Korean border last year. I'm glad I did, because that tour is no longer offered after a South Korean tourist was gunned down by an armed guard. I can tell you this much; it's one of the most tense places you can imagine. I've got plenty of pictures if anybody is interested.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Heres something you all might not know. During the korean war my dad was part of the engineering group which placed tactical nukes along the DMZ. About 30 of them were postioned. Now that was in the 50's. Even though there are only 28,000 + US in S.K. It would be the only way to stop a tide of 1 million N.K's from breaching the DMZ. Course S.K. would get the brunt of the fallout so would japan. Since the winds generaly flow west to east in the upper atmoshere. With that many nukes being used sooner or later the fallout would reach the US mainland. So its crappy no matter how you slice it.

Course the black ops guys could always use one of there space born super weapons???

Not all wars have to be boots on the ground. In the 21st century.

my two cents worth

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by andersonglk
I live in South Korea, about three hours south of Seoul.

If you have any specific questions that I might be able to answer, I would be happy to address them.

I visited the North Korean border last year. I'm glad I did, because that tour is no longer offered after a South Korean tourist was gunned down by an armed guard. I can tell you this much; it's one of the most tense places you can imagine. I've got plenty of pictures if anybody is interested.

A picture is worth a thousand words.

I would love to see some of the DMZ with some description.

wr

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by F15-Pilot
I would encourage everybody to settle down and relax. There is no war that will be taking place against NK. This is nothing but misinformation that got circulated on the internet blogs by a guy who craves attention and goes by the name Hal Turner in case you haven't already read about him on other links. The "news" he reports on is equivalent to what you would probably find in a tabloid such as the National Enquirer or something along that line. If you go to the homepage for his radio station you can read some previews on some of his very strange "news" articles. I won't download anything on my computer with his name associated to it so I did not download his radio show. But a preview of one of his "news" stories is as follows - and I quote - "Finally, the show outlined how efforts by the US government to break into the main server which carries the show on the internet backfired, allowing our technicians to gain access to government computers and a virtual GOLDMINE of government information!" - Unbelieveable. The guy is delusional and he is the source of this non-event.

turnerradionetwork.blogspot.com...

Maybe you are giving disinformation? Any reason we should trust what you say over Hal Turner ? Maybe you're both wrong. Maybe you're both right. Maybe, just maybe, both of you are LOONS !

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I've just had a trawl through the latest stories on Hal Turner's 'ole network, and there's a few relevant to this topic. All of them ARE worth reading critically, as the odd snipet of truth may be present.

Can anyone at all verify this one?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by andersonglk

This may seem like a odd question but I ask it in the context of the thread.

Have you any information on the agricultue in the DPRK?

To be specific did they plant/seed a spring crop?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

US and Russian warships line up in dispute over Georgia

US and Russian warships took up positions in the Black Sea today in a risky war of nerves on opposing sides of the Georgia conflict.

With the Russians effectively controlling Georgia's main naval base of Poti, Moscow also dispatched the Moskva missile cruiser and two smaller craft on "peacekeeping" duties at the port of Sukhumi on the coast of Abkhazia, the breakaway region that the Kremlin recognised as independent yesterday.

The Americans, wary of escalating an already fraught situation, cancelled the scheduled docking in Poti of the US Coast Guard vessel, the Dallas, and instead sent it to the southern Georgian-controlled port of Batumi, 200km (124 miles) from the Russian ships, where it delivered humanitarian aid.

"Let's hope we don't see any direct confrontation," said Dmitri Peskov, the spokesman for the Russian prime minister, Vladimir Putin, as the Russians challenged the US policy of using military aircraft and ships to deliver relief supplies
www.guardian.co.uk...

This is sort of stomach churning.

Gulp.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Dont be fooled by media N Korea is in decline they have pissed away all that is worth anything in this world for the magic nuke
so what if they pic up a few fear mongers on the way to dig holes and stock up on food and water
they have run out of cash next move blow up one of their toys in shame
like a child who has no toys
we seem to play the part of fear very sad if you ask me we have nothing to fear from them they will be forgotten in time
lets not forget as they well know we can remove them from the face of the earth.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven
Remember the assination in Viet Nam that took JFK by surprise according to Mcnamara.

Normally, I'd hate to be the guy pointing out a spelling mistake, but you did it in the other thread too...and I have an easy mnemonic for this one.

There are two asses in an assassination. The first ass assassinates the target, the second ass assassinates the assassin.

Assination...dang that is a pretty good word though, there's got to be some good use for it.

[edit on 28-5-2009 by 11andrew34]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyingfish
Dont be fooled by media N Korea is in decline they have pissed away all that is worth anything in this world for the magic nuke
so what if they pic up a few fear mongers on the way to dig holes and stock up on food and water
they have run out of cash next move blow up one of their toys in shame
like a child who has no toys
we seem to play the part of fear very sad if you ask me we have nothing to fear from them they will be forgotten in time
lets not forget as they well know we can remove them from the face of the earth.

If only that were true. Communist China has been backing them for years. China may very well be pissed off at Kim Jong iLL and deservedly so, but they should be the ones to take care of him, not the UsA and S. Korea.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

Looks like its from 2008?

* Ian Traynor in Brussels
* guardian.co.uk, Wednesday 27 August 2008 19.19 BST
* Article history

About this article
Close
US and Russian warships line up in dispute over Georgia
This article was first published on guardian.co.uk at 19.19 BST on Wednesday 27 August 2008. It was last updated at 19.21 BST on Wednesday 27 August 2008.

[edit on 28-5-2009 by Clisen33]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Obama is going to give himself a hernia trying to push this under a rug. Lil Kim is losing it. His people are resorting to canabalism in parts of his country (see UNICEF reports) his generals know he is weak, his son is ready to take over and is standing in the wings.
This is the 3 am call that Hillary warned about, but even she is showing that she is incapable of handling this mess.
If you want my 2 cents, this isn't going to go away, there is a power vacuum and Lil Kim wants to fill that space. It's all he has left.
Which makes him far more dangerous that any soviet premier throughout the cold war.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
China is just Russias step child
They have washed their hands a long time ago
N korea is a mavrick.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11andrew34

Originally posted by whiteraven
Remember the assination in Viet Nam that took JFK by surprise according to Mcnamara.

Normally, I'd hate to be the guy pointing out a spelling mistake, but you did it in the other thread too...and I have an easy mnemonic for this one.

There are two asses in an assassination. The first ass assassinates the target, the second ass assassinates the assassin.

Assination...dang that is a pretty good word though, there's got to be some good use for it.

[edit on 28-5-2009 by 11andrew34]

HAHA

You made my night brother...that is funny as hell.

I probably fire off all sorts of crap like that without knowing.

Anyhow thanks for correcting me.

wr

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join