It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WORLD: Korea Showdown - Latest News and Updates.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

They can make atom bombs thou. Gotta read between the lines here..

yes they can sell the prints or materials as well..

the bomb part is scary.. Just cuzz they don't have a missile to deliver the nuke, does not mean they can't drop the bomb. Not to mention they can fly thru china, and Russia more then likely without a prob. leaving the EU open for well bombs.. Same with America, yeah its a long shot but it is possible.. See the whole picture here.

[edit on 28-5-2009 by Adrifter]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I see nothing has been mentioned about NKs Biological and Chemical capabilities!

I dont know much but i know they have it!

www.nti.org...

www.popularmechanics.com...
Its old news but worth a look......

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Why again does the US have to be the big guy in this one? The nearest/nearer threat is to SK, Japan, China and Russia. Now China and Russia should be the 2 at the forefront of this. If anyone is going to do something it should be either of those 2.

In particular China, they are within firing distance of NK and should be stepping up to the plate. They should also be the ones getting pressure from the rest of the world. If not then Russia, and then maybe the US.

Now granted the US is saying they will protect Japan and SK, which is fine. But it should be a UN collective, not a coalition of the willing again where the US is at the brunt of it and taking the lead. The position should also be to just protect, shoot down incoming and back up ground forces in SK if needed. But.... a pre-emptive nuke or strike by the US should not even be considered.

link   
In the event this post sounds paranoid.....it probably is.

Does anyone have any ideas about if NK does (In all it's infinite stupidity)
decide to fire a missile....where might they choose to aim it?

Thank you G-Medic for the map, but I'm afraid I didn't have much luck with it.

Could it reach USA mainland? If so, any ideas about what area it might target? The last time we had a problem with this same issue, the talk seemed to be California. I have no idea.

Any thoughts on this? Just curious. And slightly uneasy.

Great thread. Thanks. Star for you.

link   
I found this site which may be of interest. www.kcna.co.jp It certainly gives an interesting view of what the North Koreans news looks like. Pretty scary from I read. This is my first post on here.....so be kind to the noob.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

WASHINGTON DC.. Yeah it does sound a lil paranoid. Yet if they could, they would aim there..

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sandman706

You are very warmly welcome here! - From first post offering quality to ATS threads... I hope you have educative and nice time in best forum of the net!

From your link,
CPRK Regards S. Korea's Full Participation in PSI as Declaration of War against DPRK
www.kcna.co.jp...

All people should sometimes read true hardcore propaganda - to understand its basics - and to see traces from it in western MSM too... Its just educative.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I am just wondering if anyone here is familiar with the section on Japan in this particular document:

nuclearweaponarchive.org...

It throws a whole new aspect into the mix.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
For what it's worth, sorry if it's been posted already today:

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

Can some really smart ATSer interpret that for us? It looks big, whatever it is.

[edit on 28/5/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

looks like allot of movement. Mobilization maybe? guessing it is a seismic graph.. Have to know the location of that station as well.. lat longitude etc. etc.

its measuring the movement of the ground. Doubt another nuke test. possibly movements vibrating thru the ground which would mean allot of big machines. Sorry I tried..

this station is in Inchon..

bet you its mobilization..

www.history.navy.mil...
found her...

google map link is not working put this as the lat and long. in google maps to locate city. 37.47999954,126.62999725

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Hey please - give us some analysis from what we can maybe see with this graphic - what can it mean?

- Respect,

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

Well evidently it's likely some sort of error. That's good, really.

They're all doing it. Does anyone know if that's common with the USGS?

[edit on 28/5/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PowerSlave

Does Russia or China have 30,000 troops in SK? You do realise they have a defense pact with SK since the Korean war?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

BreakingNewsAFP: United States has found no movement of troops in North Korea, U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates said.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I don't think it was posted... this looks like it's gonna be an escalation...

U.S. Officials 'Kind of Worried' Over Activity at North Korean Military Facility

U.S. intelligence officials have spotted activity at a key North Korean military facility that has them "kind of worried," a senior official told FOX News.

Support activity, including the movement of certain vehicles and personnel, has been spotted at Sanumdong, a research-and-development complex, the official said. The activity is consistent with that observed prior to the launch of the Taepodong-2 missile in the past.

The official said part of the concern, given the fact that Sanumdong is not itself a launch site, is that the North Koreans may be preparing to move a warhead by rail -- for an unknown purpose.

Interesting... Either they are moving a nuclear warhead to the artillery pieces at the border... or launch a long range missile... or put a nuclear warhead on a short missile...

But IMO that would be inconsistent with reality... as we know so far, NKorea have NO nuclear warheads small enough to fit on a missile. Maybe artillery. A long range missile is even less likely... the time to set it up is long... I wonder if they really do put a long range missile to launch, SK,US or Japan will blow it up before lift off?

Does Russia or China have 30,000 troops in SK?

What are you talking about? The US have 25.000 troops in SK and 50.000 in Japan. China MIGHT have troops in NK, but it's unlikely at this point.

[edit on 28-5-2009 by Vitchilo]

[edit on 28-5-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Some news updates,

U.S. officials headed to Asia for 'intensive' talks on North Korea
edition.cnn.com...

Size matters for North Korea's nukes
www.atimes.com...

UN scales down food aid to North Korea
www.sindhtoday.net...

U.S., Japan Seek to Restrict North Korean Aids
tothecenter.com...

US 'not aware' of troop movement in North Korea
timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

its in south Korea Inchon or whatever it is. I bet their mobilizing possibly or its error.. Interesting either way.. yeah, def. secutary been saying that for awhile yet everyone is on Alert.. That usually equals positioning..

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
# Yonhap: Chinese fishing vessels are leaving the Yellow Sea, where tensions between the two Koreas have escalated in the last days.9 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

Could this be the Chinese preparing for the worst? Do they know something?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by habfan1968

Thanks, Here is whole breaking news article... Interesting indeed - Chinese knows something, if anyone knows anything!

Chinese ships shunning waters near Korea amid tensions

SEOUL, May 29 (Yonhap) -- Chinese fishing vessels are leaving the Yellow Sea, where tensions between the two Koreas have escalated after Pyongyang's threats of military clash, a defense source here said Friday.

"Chinese fishing ships operating near the Northern Limit Line (NLL) began withdrawing yesterday," the source said, adding the military authorities are trying to find out whether North Korea asked them to do so.

english.yonhapnews.co.kr...

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Sadly this is one of these situations that is nearly impossible to read.

It is a knife edge and could fall on either side.

We could have a complete anti-climax and life returning to normal...

Or the next world war could start.

Or anything in between.

Glad people are keeping calm about things (which is a rarety here in ATS sadly) and looking into what is being reported.

No telling what will (or wont) happen yet so stay tuned.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join