It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WORLD: Korea Showdown - Latest News and Updates.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I dont think the sanction thing is working.China sells them what they need so they arent hurting.Well the citizens are starving to death because of this ass. I really hope it dosent come to war for any country but it aint lookin good. What is wrong with this little jerk?? He looks like he is on deaths doorstep. Maybe he plans to go out with a bang!!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FerTheBetter

Apache pilot! - "Whoah" - So you will come one of those scary gods of death...

My good friend was in NATO-UN recon forces in Bosnian war - there was fleet of Apaches supporting their missions in high hills - and he has told me great stories from effectiness of guys flying those birds of death. From his best friends, angels that time... Having Total Control of The Battlefield.

I want to share you a story from Gazan war, witch made me cry that awfull time - when killing innocent childrens was in daily news... I try to find it to you,

"The ones I remember are when I have locked in on a target and I fire and then at the last second I see a child in my cross hairs and I divert the missile," he said. "That leaves a mark."

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Sounds maybe a joke now - but if that days comes - that you are in same situation like captain Orr --- Just before the hit you see something, it looked like a child hiding... Please --- Abort! --- ...and Do that for us in ATS, for Captain Orr - And for your self!

I lay now my good hopes to your best future, to success in hard situations

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Right on! I have no doubt that if there is a Craigs list for terroist NK has a listing.reply to post by Electro38

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The news i reported earlier just made sky news again. The women said :

"and US officials spot worrying movement in North Korea" , full story should be on in about 10 mins.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
From The Wall St Journal

But after Monday's test, many people who influence Chinese policy have come to see North Korea as a liability for China, and even as a menace.
[North Korea Trade chart]

Chinese official commentators have been stinging in their criticism of the government in Pyongyang, though it is impossible for outsiders to gauge how such statements reflect the views of those setting China's foreign policy.

"North Korea has become a major problem for China," says Zhang Yushan, who works for a government-run think tank in Jilin province near the North Korean border. "It has become a dangerous player in the world."

Mr. Zhang's views represent a slow but steady change in how China's North Korea-watchers view Pyongyang. Whereas most were sympathetic to their neighbor, over the past few years, China's academic community -- with a few exceptions -- has swung to a strongly critical position.

In the past, many supported the argument that North Korea's actions must be tolerated because opposing it might lead to instability. That view is changing.

"I'm less interested in stability than in having a denuclearized Korean peninsula," says Zhang Liangui of the Party School, the leading think tank of China's ruling Communist Party. "It is not in China's interest to have our neighbor exploding nuclear devices."

Official media have been scathing. The Global Times, an English-language Web site run by the party's People's Daily newspaper, ran an article quoting scholars saying that China needed to get tough with North Korea.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I would encourage everybody to settle down and relax. There is no war that will be taking place against NK. This is nothing but misinformation that got circulated on the internet blogs by a guy who craves attention and goes by the name Hal Turner in case you haven't already read about him on other links. The "news" he reports on is equivalent to what you would probably find in a tabloid such as the National Enquirer or something along that line. If you go to the homepage for his radio station you can read some previews on some of his very strange "news" articles. I won't download anything on my computer with his name associated to it so I did not download his radio show. But a preview of one of his "news" stories is as follows - and I quote - "Finally, the show outlined how efforts by the US government to break into the main server which carries the show on the internet backfired, allowing our technicians to gain access to government computers and a virtual GOLDMINE of government information!" - Unbelieveable. The guy is delusional and he is the source of this non-event.

turnerradionetwork.blogspot.com...

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Clinton gives North Korea warning

US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has stressed the US commitments to defend South Korea and Japan amid continuing threats from North Korea.

www.sbs.com.au...

Casey: Army would have to ‘shift gears’ for N. Korea battle
www.stripes.com...

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by F15-Pilot

Think your on the wrong thread ace..

most are calm over here. Just watching history..

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

thank you very much. if i do ever see a child or anything that doesnt look like a military target in my crosshairs i will abort that so called "target". as in the gods of death, i cant wait to become one and fly those badass helicopters

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410

"and US officials spot worrying movement in North Korea" , full story should be on in about 10 mins.

Is this on the Sky News website or TV? I don't get Sky News in New York.

I did check their website, but nothing yet.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by F15-Pilot

From these threads you can find us - who really are "up to date" in almost all world events - specially war events. I dont know what is the right word in english for those who observe days just to catch a bird in their towers --- looking, watching, trying to find a trace --- and bingo!

Here in front of WWW --- "We catch Breaking News!" --- Wellcome to these threads to catch flying missiles - first!

[edit on 28-5-2009 by JanusFIN]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Electro38

it was tv

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Just how far this "cold war of words" goes depends on the sanity of the "Dear leader". Consider their people are starving, and the country is one gigantic gulog does not give me pause for optimisim. I may be a bit "off" from time to time, but I'm not likely to nuke anyone any time soon. Only an over through of the "Dear leader" by his own military offers hope for a government acting in a sane way. Then again a coup would be all the excuss he needs to start a war. There are no easy answers here.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Gates slowing now down growing war mongering...

Gates: No reason to build up US troops in Korea

ABOARD A U.S. MILITARY JET — U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates says the United States is not planning to send more troops to the Korean peninsula despite this week's nuclear and missile tests by North Korea.

Gates says he hasn't seen any unusual moves by the North Korean military since the weapons tests to warrant a buildup of U.S. forces in South Korea. The U.S. has about 28,000 troops stationed in South Korea.

Gates says the situation has not reached a crisis level. But he calls the weapons tests, in his words, "provocative" and "accompanied by very aggressive rhetoric."

Gates spoke to reporters aboard a military aircraft as he headed to a meeting of Asian defense ministers in Singapore.

www.chron.com...

- Why they dont ad... "Emergency Meeting?"

In North Korea crisis, military options for US are grim

“If there were to be a full-scale war, the casualties would be unimaginable,” said Chaibong Hahm, senior political scientist at the California-based RAND Corporation. “Ultimately there’s absolutely no doubt in anybody’s mind the combined US and South Korean forces would prevail. But at what cost is a serious question,” he told AFP.

www.dailytimes.com.pk...\05\29\story_29-5-2009_pg4_8

[edit on 28-5-2009 by JanusFIN]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Hey Janus ..great thread and will keep an eye on progress here. I havent any news at this moment to add but I just wanted to say I love your threads and I love your enthusiasm for knowledge about key issues. Keep it up!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Look what I find!!! - I will open Breaking News Thread with this, but keep supporting discussions only in here...

North Korea Has The Right To Self-Defense!

All people in North Korea know the history of U.S. nuclear threats, massive carpet bombing, invasion and massacres against their country.

According to the Encyclopedia Britannica of 1967, more than 5 million Korean people died during the war between June 25, 1950 and the conclusion of military hostilities in July 1953.

Today, Korea is threatened with a new war and the government of North Korea is preparing for military conflict.

www.pslweb.org...

- The other side of the story - straight behind the curtain!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Hope you do not mind me continuing popping in with the odd thing now
and then.

Heres an interactive graphic on the sky news website.Showing the range
experts think that N.K missiles could reach.

Interactive map

We all hope nothing occurs especially knowing what it could escalate into but???

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410

According to various news reports I have seen during the day, the "worrying movement," is activity that had been detected at a North Korean Military facility that is thought to be similar to what was observed prior to earlier missile launches.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Fox reported the suicide of the SCO president the day before the nuke test. Kim john ill reportedly gave his sincere condolences to his family.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Here is latest news, which is backing up my theory from North Korean happenings are just "false flag" to condemn Iran... Main Target.

Top Obama Aide Sees Growing Consensus Against N.Korea, Iran Nukes

President Barack Obama's national security adviser says there is a growing consensus in the world that North Korea and Iran should not be allowed to acquire nuclear weapons. The comments were made in the first public appearance in his new role by retired General James Jones.

General Jones says the Obama Administration has not yet decided how to respond to North Korea's latest actions, and is consulting with countries around the world about how to proceed. But he says more and more countries, including major powers, are coming to the same conclusion about both North Korea and Iran.

english.chosun.com...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join