It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WORLD: Korea Showdown - Latest News and Updates.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

I honestly don't see what NK would gain from war with the US. They can not win and it would hurt them more than us.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
There's nothing on TV news about this. Just little mentions here and there, it's obvious they don't want anyone to really follow this. Also, the internet has also toned down their reporting, there's nothing that I can find from a major news corp. about the recent/disturbing activity happening now in N. Korea.

Can anyone find anything on the web about that recent activity that was briefly mentioned on TV news today?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
ok guys get this, bit of an update on the report earlier:

US officials and i quote are "extremely worried" in the last few hours due to a lot of movement of men, equipment and materials at the west missile base of sanum dong. This was observed in the last few hours apparently. The report went onto say this resembles preparations seen for a long rang missile launch or test.

That was just on fox news as "new news"

I've been searching, but can't find any up to the hour info on this on the web. The TV news won't let us know.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FerTheBetter

Irs so nice to born as American,

"Join The Army - Meet Interesting People - Then Kill Them!"

We havent had that opportunity for over 60 years!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Obviously they do not think Like us.

Pride for his people..

defiance.. To name a few.

Win lose or draw..

as simple as a simple street fight..

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Electro38

The way they were talking it was a big development so i imagine by tomorrow morning it will have hit the net.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachfin

The idea behind US intervention in places like Korea and Vietnam after WW2 was Domino Theory - if one country falls to the evil of Communism neighbouring countries would fall like a stack of dominoes one after the other until Western style democracies would be surrounded by a sea of red. Which wouldn't be good thing for the world considering the poor record of Communist regimes in looking after their people. You don't find the likes of Pol Pot or Stalin or Kim himself in a democratic country, and there can't be too many South Koreans who would prefer to live like their neighbours in the North, which is what would have happened if not for US intervention when the DPRK invaded in 1950.

As for your anti American comments, a more balanced post would have directed your frustration at ALL the countries who have interfered in Korea - ie. Russia, China and Japan. None of them have any business manipulating Korean affairs, yet you single out America who have protected the South from invasion and tyranny.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

Heres a link to a graphic of supposed North Korean nuclear sites.
Definate targets for whoever may make a move against them.

North Korean nuclear sites

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
reply to post by Electro38

The way they were talking it was a big development so i imagine by tomorrow morning it will have hit the net.

I have a feeling that if anything big really does happen, like NoKo fires a long ranger, or that they more over the border we wouldn't know until it was over.

That's how I feel about this one. For some reason they don't want anyone to follow it too closely.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

haha yea right, fourtonitly i wont be killing them. im going to be working on the apaches. then later trying to become an apache pilot so later yes i might be killing

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Im hearing though yonhap that the US is pushing for financial sanctions in the resolution.

State Department spokesman Ian Kelly did not elaborate on what kind of sanctions Washington is seeking, but diplomats in New York said that the U.S.-drafted resolution circulated later in the day among the 15-member U.N. Security Council members calls for financial sanctions, among others, on North Korea.

Link

Firstly i reckon this would be it, the final push because NK would not take this, they need cash like hell.

Secondly there aint a cat in hell chance that RU or CH will accept a resolution with financial sanctions.

Seriously although i believe NK should be sanctioned to hell, i predict if they are harsh and financial they will just lose it.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by vardlokkur

Without ATS I would still hate USA from my deep heart --- Like maybe someone remember me from my old and first postings --- I was very many years great enemy of USA because of the reasons you mentioned.

I am glad to meet you guys here, and share our thoughts - we both in both sides of the ocean are in middle of same problems - my country is ruled by that same ignorance, and if we would be great like USA here in Finland - our stupid majority would act, and vote as stupid like yours does now.

Our greatest problems have no borders - Evil is in our ignorance. "We The People" deserve free, educative and following media, and AP/Reuters ruled one eye MSM is far from that.

Thanks to net - we are here - not in front of TV sets.

link   
I really hope that this can be resolved without military conflict, but the way things are going it may become inevitable. If NK do attack the south, I have no problem stating I'd love to see them (NK) wiped off the map.

As I've stated in heaps of other threads the past few days though, they have that huge ace up the sleeve that is the 10,000 strong artillery pointed at Seoul.

The city, with over 10,000,000 people in it's central suburbs, is in easy striking range from the DMZ.

Estimates are that a one hour attack by that artillery force would kill the vast majority of the inhabitants. 10 MILLION PEOPLE.

In my opinion, the highest priority for the US / Japan at the moment should be using satellites and other intel to locate every one of those guns.

Once they are taken out NK has far less sway. It is really only their shadow looming over the south that stops the world from taking them down. Take out the spearhead of that threat and you make things a whole lot easier.

link   
There is worry about them fireing a missile on someone, so i ahve 2 questions i hope all you guys at ATS can answer

1)Are they yet capable of launching missiles that could travel as far as the USA or UK?

2) If they launched, what are the chances of the missile / war head getting to another country, or is it almost impossible for them to do this due to anti missile stuff?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

Not to sure I would trust what the RU, says to say the least, will give china, a chance, but ru has priors of backstabbing. Ahem, Poland.. Prob. Lotta lying going on, which is unsettling as well. I know dang well, if North and south Korea start blasting at each other and USA, gets involved who do you think the North Korean's are going to be begging for help to?? Complicated its complicated, and appears problematic. But yeah if CH, and RU get on board to stop all aid and trade. We will have the upper hand on North Korea..

[edit on 28-5-2009 by Adrifter]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by danzi
There is worry about them fireing a missile on someone, so i ahve 2 questions i hope all you guys at ATS can answer

1)Are they yet capable of launching missiles that could travel as far as the USA or UK?

2) If they launched, what are the chances of the missile / war head getting to another country, or is it almost impossible for them to do this due to anti missile stuff?

Technically their ICBM's are capable of reaching west coast, but they are unable to mount any sort of nuclear weapon on them at this point, and their missiles are very inaccurate and not really much of a threat to the U.S.

The only ones who really have anything to fear are South Korea And Japan.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by danzi

We don't think they have capability to reach the US or UK, or to weaponize a missile with a nuke warhead.

The US and UK are not at direct threat from NoKo. Japan and SoKo are.

The world is at risk if NoKo gives a nuke to a terrorist.

They (NoKo) have shown they have nukes, but not nukes on missiles. Just nukes that they blow up underground, and they have plain missiles (not fitted with nukes) that can go to Japan and of course SoKo.

But these are the things that are publicly known, and we (particularly the US) have been wrong (in terms of intelligence) on many things lately.

[edit on 28-5-2009 by Electro38]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by danzi

The only people who have to worry about a missile from North Korea are South Korea and Japan. Even Japan is a bit of a stretch....

I wouldn't worry too much about getting hit by a North Korean missile unless you are in the above countries. The main concern is that they will trigger something that will drag the entire world into conflict.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by danzi

well what is public, is they have icbm's that can reach the west coast.

What is not publicly known and is top secret we do not know.

If I had to guess I would say yes..

HA, don't think juvenile, we don't know North Korea's weapons capability. LOL

They would not be acting so defiant if they did not have have something going on they thought evened the score..

not to mention I am guessing they have a bomber or two in their arsenal..

this ain't Iraq..

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
One reason for China to take the softly, softly approach to NK is that in the event of a war situation, there would be a likey exodus of NK nationals towards China. China certainly wouldn't be very keen to take on a mass influx of refugees assuming the 'defectors' survive crossing the Yalu river while being shot at by the NK army of course.

If the USA were to carry out a pre-emptive strike, I think we would be hearing about US Psychological Operations taking place through NK news outlets, operations such as overriding the local radio stations with a US friendly news broadcast, similar to what the US Air force carried out just before Iraq War 2 (Son of Bush) officially started.

Psy Op tactics would cause much confusion and would errode trust between the NK forces. Imagine the impact a leaflet drop would have on the NK Army, knowing full well that a US plane managed to fly over their heads.

[edit on 28-5-2009 by freeradical]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join