It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WORLD: Korea Showdown - Latest News and Updates.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Brainiac

the thing is they have scrapped the peace treaty which has been here since 1953, in other words this is the closest they are to war since 1953, seems pretty big to me. I dont know where you're from but im from the UK and in the past few months all that has been on the news is a petty expenses row with politicians and a celebrity the media slated until she was diagnosed with cancer and so the news spent months airing her battle from start to finish. And then there was a silly joke that got out of hand on a radio chat show by jonathan ross which the media made weeks dramatising it and making it seem far worse than it was. But they hardly air N korea ripping up the N korea peace treaty?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
- So, next move will come from NK - which has previously warned that UN resolution will be seen as act of war.

I've not seen this anywhere.
They did state that any seizing and searching of their vessels would be seen as an act of war and would result in a fierce military strike. But I haven't seen anything where they suggested a resolution would be an act of war.

Besides, there isn't a new resolution is there? Just a re-stating of the same resolution.

At least that's how I understood it.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

yes i would agree S#@tting a brick would hurt, but i think they will say something stupid. but i hope we destroy them they just cant be kept as a country in there current stage they are a threat to global peace.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceMonkeys

Yep, this tells me there are orders from up-high to keep this out of the minds of the public.

I don't know why, possibly to prevent our involvement in any future "coalition". If we don't know what kind of threat NK is, and their military strike against SK (if there is one) is a complete surprise to us, we're less likely to demand that our country actually do something.

Imagine, if NK attacked SK tomorrow, with the current state of the coverage over the last week, the UK would shrug, state how horrid it all was and go back to Britains Got Talent.
If we've spent a week being told how dangerous NK is, how many will be killed in Seoul, how they are completely out of control and a risk to global stability, we'll likely be calling for involvement to stop it.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Yep, this tells me there are orders from up-high to keep this out of the minds of the public.

I don't know why, possibly to prevent our involvement in any future "coalition". If we don't know what kind of threat NK is, and their military strike against SK (if there is one) is a complete surprise to us, we're less likely to demand that our country actually do something.

Imagine, if NK attacked SK tomorrow, with the current state of the coverage over the last week, the UK would shrug, state how horrid it all was and go back to Britains Got Talent.
If we've spent a week being told how dangerous NK is, how many will be killed in Seoul, how they are completely out of control and a risk to global stability, we'll likely be calling for involvement to stop it.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

That was my wrong remember from threats they made - I try to find back up for it, but I could not from my archives, so I had that statement of mine deleted already too... Sorry from spreading dissinfo!

Statement you quoted is, and was already deleted.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. rock

yes i would agree S#@tting a brick would hurt, but i think they will say something stupid. but i hope we destroy them they just cant be kept as a country in there current stage they are a threat to global peace.

the problem is the biggest threat to global peace are the elites, they are the ones truly in control of what happens, we dont even get half the real story on the news. Everyone is now saying" Blow the N koreans up! lets sort them out because they are threatening our peace!" This is how public opinion is formed, and how public opinion goes in favour of the elites. The N koreans may be out of control but we have to understand there is a deeper game being played here to make us want to sort them out. I dont know what is up the elites sleeves but everything in the world happens for a reason to push their agenda, amybe this is the start of their 90% reduction programme, maybe im completely wrong, but im sure theres a purpose behind this, and the economy needs a war like we need oxygen.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
North's return to U.S. blacklist hinted

Prime Minister Taro Aso gave signs Thursday that the government is urging the U.S. to put North Korea back on its blacklist of state sponsors of terrorism in light of Monday's nuclear test by Pyongyang.

search.japantimes.co.jp...

EDIT - Looks like this one was older news, sorry!

Draft U.N. resolution condemns North Korea nuclear test

UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - A draft resolution being circulated among key Security Council members strongly condemns North Korea's nuclear test and urges U.N. members to begin enforcing previously approved sanctions against Pyongyang.

The council "condemns in the strongest terms the nuclear test conducted by (North Korea) on 25 May 2009 in flagrant violation and disregard of its relevant resolutions," said the draft, which was obtained by Reuters on Thursday.

It "calls upon all member states immediately to enforce the measures that were put in place by resolution 1718," passed in October 2006 after North Korea's first nuclear test.

www.reuters.com...

- If they start to shoot, they will do it tonight. Thats my opinion... After tomorrow its all about empty words, endless diplomacy and yet another UN resolutions... But for many people - Peace and another sunshiny day

[edit on 28-5-2009 by JanusFIN]

I hope everyone in SK hears the loud thunderous laughter from the North over these worthless sanctions. "U.N. Says Stop Or I Will Say Stop Again". Obama and the whole U.N. cant get anything done unless it means moves against their own respective populations. Russia and China can now blame themselves when lil Kim has his next temper tantrum that slaughters half of his fellow Koreans, Oh yeah I forgot he was born in Russia. Go figure.

When are we people of the world going to rid ourselves of these idiots called politicians? Wake me up when everyone else does because I cant stand this anymore. Just listening to them or the MSM makes one dumber. Save the planet and stop these morons from using our clean air that they waste spewing ignorance everyday.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I'm not too concerned about it.

And I won't be losing much sleep tonight,

thanks.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I agree - I have no proofs - but my feeling is that North Korean dictatorship is placed to act as NWO puppet - example of evil, cause of our fears, reason for their agendas. I see this North Korean situation just as Psy-Op for driving agreements and legistlations for NWOs needs.

This crisis will confirm my thoughts - or show the real state of things. Educational crisis for all of us to follow and learn...

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

At us in the CZ republic it was reported in the mass-media and on the main czech public server ´´seznam.cz´´ and on its online-magazine ´´novinky.cz´´ . I don´t know ???

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Good thread - S&F

Certainly seems like things are coming to a head - the "end game" is around the corner. I fully expect Iran to start rocking the boat also - I'm sure Kimmy and Mahmoud have already been on the phone planning their approach.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
Thanks for this thread, we needed one to consolidate all the news as it's moving, and it's moving quite quickly.

What's it like in other countries, is mainland Europe discussing this at all?

Here in middle Europe CZ, the mainstream media are nearly only reporting the
anti Social-democratic party egg-protest incidents.

Reference - the Epoch times - may 27 2009

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Problems in UN...

When its "blue camp" - problem is USA
When its "red camp" - problem is Russia

Moscow Opposes N. Korea Sanctions

Russia will not object to a new UN Security Council resolution amid escalating tensions over North Korea's nuclear test but continues to oppose sanctions, a Foreign Ministry spokesman said Thursday.

www.themoscowtimes.com...

Looks like this crisis is just widening the cap between SCO and NATO.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
One thing everyone needs to consider. Russia and China have contracts with Iran for protection. If China does nothing to make Kim Jong iLL back down, and the US and China make an agreement for the US to handle the matter, it opens the door for China and Russia to follow Iran to Israel across the Eurphrates River in Iraq since they have already built dams up and down the river to control the flow of water in the region.

The US will be dealt a harsh blow if we attack North Korea. Our military is already stretched thin and an additional war effort would cause the US to start up the draft in order to fill manpower requirements. It means more of our young men will die upon foreign shores while leaving the mainland USA defenseless.

It is far better for China to take care of North Korea. They supported it, they supplied it, they need to take it down.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Reports on Sky News and FOX say a senior official in the White House has said they are concerned about movement at a military lab on the east coast of North Korea (it had a funny name i cant remember).

Another source the reporter on FOX said that the movement seemed to resemble that of transportation of a warhead or materials.

The reporter did stress the source said that as far as they know NK does not have Nuke warheads yet however.

edit - they will be covering it on FOX on special report at 6 EST.

[edit on 28-5-2009 by jonny2410]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
if this show does happen and we end up using military action how could we possibly fight a 3 front war with the new front much farther away then the other 2? if it were to happen im shure that the military would pull most of the army out of the middle east would they?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

Check out this good Russia Today report from situation - not expecting nuke war - but possible conventional... It will also cause thousands of casualties in first hours of war.

“We are talking about conventional war in Korea”
www.russiatoday.com...

Thanks from letting us know - this is the night. Every day will just strenghten NK enemies - time to deploy materials and troops to region. If they want a war - now is the time to start it. Not tomorrow.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Who wants to sleep tonight?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by FerTheBetter
if this show does happen and we end up using military action how could we possibly fight a 3 front war with the new front much farther away then the other 2? if it were to happen im shure that the military would pull most of the army out of the middle east would they?

Doubt there would be a ground war. The US would look to use air power and cruise missiles to obliterate NK targets. The US Navy/Airforce are nowhere near stretched in the Middle East. If it did come to a ground war I would think that SK would provide the soldiers and the US would provide air cover and maybe some special forces.

I'm no expert though...

[edit on 28-5-2009 by Curio]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join