It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WORLD: Korea Showdown - Latest News and Updates.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by emergencyresponseteam

At least there are some sensible minds paying attention to this now.

IMO, the only thing that has changed since those statements were made is that NK has acted more and more aggressively. They are clearly out of control and extremely unpredictable.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
If the reports are true from the state department that NK looks to be gearing up for long range missile launch(es) then what are the chances that if it/they passes over Japan as anticipated it/they will be shot down?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
If the reports are true from the state department that NK looks to be gearing up for long range missile launch(es) then what are the chances that if it/they passes over Japan as anticipated it/they will be shot down?

Japan's ballistic missile shield has never been used in a real-world situation. Its a very difficult process because they dont know if the missile is actually aimed to japan or flying above, or dropping close into the ocean. The time window would be less than a minute.

Here is something in depth about the capabilities.

search.japantimes.co.jp...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

North Korea can be reached by U.S. Air Force F-16 jets from bases in northern Japan in about 30 minutes, and a squadron of new-generation F-22 fighters should deploy to the southern Japan island of Okinawa on Saturday. North Korea has been shrilly critical of the F-22 deployment, announced well before this week's nuclear test, because the fighters — which are difficult to detect on radar and capable of cruising at supersonic speed — are seen by the North as a threat to its air defenses.

Seems like preparations are being put in place as we speak.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I cannot think of a better time to take care of the North Koreans..

We gonna play the diplomacy for a few more years to allow them to yield bigger weapons.. Heard enough of them in my opinion. they want war, the next provocation deserves a harsh response. Win lose or draw, I don't think we should be punked by North korea..

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adrifter

We gonna play the diplomacy for a few more years to allow them to yield bigger weapons.. Heard enough of them in my opinion. they want war, the next provocation deserves a harsh response. Win lose or draw, I don't think we should be punked by North korea..

Not before china is on our side, otherwise its getting really dirty.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by emergencyresponseteam

they'll get on our side, after we lead bro..

if not, well we dont deserve this bs from NK...

sometimes in order to get different result we have to try different things..

Chinese wont follow or help us with the UN, well lets show force..

[edit on 29-5-2009 by Adrifter]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

This is the absolute last time we have a window to finally deal with NK's nuclear program once and for all. Because if we leave it now and even if NK say ok we will stop, just like monday's nuke test proves - they will not stop and will still develop.

If we don't act now strongly either with sanctions or force then the next time NK will be in the spotlight is when they have mastered nuclear warheads, and i am afraid to say once they have done that we are dealing with a totally different animal.

Obama might have to make a tough decision in the next few weeks and deal with NK in order to prevent making an even tougher one in a few months or so.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

exactly, if we get punked now, or bow down,
the odds we'll be even from here on out...

would rather be chasing women right now then talking politics, but if the USA does not make a stand right now, no one will fear us, we still have the edge in 2009 but maybe not in 2012 or 2010 for that matter.. Gotta stand our ground.. if we don't it will be a sad time for America.. If North korea wants to run their gator, lets give em a blow.. Nothing horrible just enough for them to know we aren't playing.. This ain't a game.. Just a wake up call for ole kim should be enough..

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

would rather be chasing women right now then talking politics, but if the USA does not make a stand right now, no one will fear us, we still have the edge in 2009 but maybe not in 2012 or 2010 for that matter.. Gotta stand our ground.. if we don't it will be a sad time for America..

Well, as much as I hate bush, but i think with bush as potus we would have allready a re-emptive strike against nk.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

would rather be chasing women right now then talking politics, but if the USA does not make a stand right now, no one will fear us, we still have the edge in 2009 but maybe not in 2012 or 2010 for that matter.. Gotta stand our ground.. if we don't it will be a sad time for America..

just remember, with all your saber rattling, thousands will die, women and children.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

if we dont act multiply that by 100... Its bad and ugly sorry for the hijack but we got concern here.. gotta do something... just my opinion, and I respect yours.. Sorry.. but it can only get worse.. In closing cause I wanna do some listening, but lets just say if North Korea, had the capability and they were losing what would stop them from launching nukes at US, or EU cities to destroy cities women children and whatever else they could get a hold of.. Simply stating with all the rhetoric they are making now what would stop them from trying to do that? thats hundreds of thousands of children and women.. If we do not act it could be yourself that dies.. that is the mindset you face.. Pacifist..

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

reply to post by woodwardjnr

if we dont act multiply that by 100... Its bad and ugly sorry for the hijack but we got concern here.. gotta do something...

* from me, true words.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

just remember, with all your saber rattling, thousands will die, women and children.

And millions WILL die if nothing is done now.

There should never have been the opportunity for NK to amass such weaponry aimed at the South. The leaders who allowed that to happen are to blame for this scenario. They knew how dangerous that nation was then, why did they allow them to hold Seoul hostage?

Imagine if nothing is done now. In a few years NK develops the capability (or buys it) to miniaturise a nuclear device and attach it to a long range weapon.

Then, the US has a nuclear warhead aimed at its Western states and controlled by a nation under military rule with a crazy guy for a leader (whoever it is now or then). To top it off, that nation has a bad habit of making military moves to get attention and make demands.
No longer would it be just Seoul held for ransom, America would be too.

Now consider that in a year or two; China's investment in the USA has all but dissipated. Their money is gone and they are certainly not happy about it.
They are already a semi-serious ally to NK. What do you think would happen then?
And Russia, a previous ally of the NK regime too.
If there is another nuke aimed at the USA, and this time by NK, all of these previous allies will again combine.

Couple that with economists' predictions that America will be replaced as the global leader by China or Russia within the next three years. This is already a known fact.

This is the last opportunity to disarm NK either by diplomacy or by force. If nothing is done, the situation will certainly become a great deal worse in the coming months and years.

Certainly, if NK is attacked, they will launch an attack on the South. Many will die. But you have previous leaders who allowed that to happen to blame for it. The world is now left with no other choice but to take action, we can try to limit the damage to Seoul and wipe out the NK ability to harm them as much as possible, but some will die and a lot of damage will be done.

It is a choice between taking action now and risking many lives, or failing to take action and risking millions of lives in countries around the world in the future.

Hard choice though it is, I would take action now to prevent this from becoming more dangerous in the future.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I wonder just how far this will escalte in the coming days.

We could (probably not i hope) see minor skirmishes on the DMZ and western coast between NK and SK as well as the probable long range missile test they are preparing for.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I wonder just how far this will escalte in the coming days.

We could (probably not i hope) see minor skirmishes on the DMZ and western coast between NK and SK as well as the probable long range missile test they are preparing for.

I expect long range Tae-Po-Dong-2 missile test by saturday/sunday when they weather condition are better for a launch

[edit on 29-5-2009 by emergencyresponseteam]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Support gaining exercise anyone?How do they know?
Of course they have already.Duhhh.

North Korea planning more missiles.

N.K More missiles planned???

There are signs that North Korea may be planning more missile launches, US defence officials say. Defence officials in Washington said US satellite photos had revealed vehicle activity at a site in North Korea used to fire long-range missiles.

[edit on 29/5/09 by gallifreyan medic]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

U.S. officials believe that North Korea is planning to launch long-range missiles, sources tell the AP

WASHINGTON -- U.S. officials say there are new signs North Korea may be planning even more missile launches in a show of strength following worldwide condemnation of its underground nuclear test.

The North fired a short-range missile on Friday _ the sixth this week.

Perhaps more significantly, officials say there are indications of increased activity at a site used to fire long-range missiles.

link

Satellite spots activity at North Korean missile site, officials say

U.S. satellite imagery has spotted "vehicle activity" at a North Korean ballistic missile site, two Defense Department officials said Friday.
This activity is similar to that before a long-range missile launch by North Korea earlier this year

Link

If that is the case then Obama needs to get off his candy *** and bomb it. They have the same warhead design that Pakistan started out with as AQ Kahn sold them the same carp he sold everyone.

We know Iran and NK have the same everything. When we caught Kahn's network selling the goods to Libya one of the items were plans for a missile warhead that was Chinese. Be worried people cause if Obama takes this like a Democrat then we are doomed to lose 30,000 of our own troops let alone many many South Koreans.

NK is not playing suicide by cop here, They are broke and they want the riches in the south.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher

NK is not playing suicide by cop here, They are broke and they want the riches in the south.

Exactly my assertion too. This has all been a test to see what global reactions would be. They saw what happened in Georgia, and then what happened in Gaza, and they know the world will sit by and do nothing until it's too late.

They have a great opportunity to attack and claim the South while the rest of the world is distracted by economic doom, or trapped in ongoing meetings to "discuss sanctions".

We knew that when the US did nothing about Israel other nations would take it as a clear sign of indifference or inability to act. NK is betting that the world thinks they are bluffing, and they are counting on delays and continuous meetings to discuss their actions.

I'll bet that within the next seven days they build troop numbers and weaponry along the border into the South, and I'll bet there'll be a skirmish off the coast.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
May I ask all those doing the war chanting.
Can you post some evidence as to why you really think the US should be involved in doing something now.

What I see is an asian situation that should be dealt with via asia Countries.
Not for america to do as it did with another iraq WMD scare tactics reason.

Here is a link to an interactive map that experts say of North Koreas missile range capabilities.
If you are a native of alaska then you may get a sun tan at the most.

North Korea missile range map.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join