It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

WORLD: Korea Showdown - Latest News and Updates.

page: 15
76
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by emergencyresponseteam
 


thats what granades are for..

and blister agent..




posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual
 


Some dated info on the tunnels by Major General John K. Singlaub can be found here: www.vfwpost7591.org...

It also has some pics of the 1st and 2nd tunnel of aggression. Apparently another tunnel was discovered in 1990.



posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by truttseeker
Thats an interesting read jonny but a lot of it is overhyped. The thing is that total war is the exact kind of war the US war machine was designed to fight. Im pretty sure AMRAAM's have a longer range than 50km. They never once mentioned the SK air forces that would be helping the US troops. The last thing that really kind of takes the credibility away is the NK strategy to destroy the US...not going to happen.



Yeah there is no doubt a lot of it is rubbish, i mean they do not have nuke warhead for a start. It was obviously written by a US hater lol.

@detachedindividual - yeah i have seen that underground structure on google earth before. It is thought that all NK's air fields have underground air pads.

Still a conventional war is what the US army was built for and im sure it would do the job.



posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
well, I think the NK timing saying it all.

"Too Much Barking Can Hide Problems"



posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Also he was making reference to how mig-21's and mig-17s took down a lot us planes in nam...uh...yeah there werent f-15's or 16's in nam



posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The source of the 2003 report is Han Ho Suk Director Center for Korean Affairs. www.onekorea.org... which is known PRO NK Gov.

www.informationclearinghouse.info...



posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by truttseeker
Also he was making reference to how mig-21's and mig-17s took down a lot us planes in nam...uh...yeah there werent f-15's or 16's in nam


nor f-22's



North Korea could opt for devastating land assault




ROBERT BURNS

AP National Security Writer= WASHINGTON (AP) — North Korea's nuclear threats are grabbing the world's attention. But if the North were to strike South Korea today, it would probably first try to savage Seoul with the men and missiles of its huge conventional army.

The attack might well begin with artillery and missiles capable of hitting South Korea's capital with little or no warning. North Korea's vast cadre of commandos could try to infiltrate and cause chaos while the South tried to respond.

The hair-trigger nature of the danger is reflected in the pledge of preparedness that American ground forces stationed just below the North-South divide have lived by for decades: "Fight tonight."


Link



posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Guam would know first if # hitting the fan. I bet they on 24rdyness



posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by emergencyresponseteam
 


oh yeah.. bet their on bunk status..



posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Adrifter
 


Know someone on Andersen AFB?



posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
doublepost

[edit on 29-5-2009 by emergencyresponseteam]



posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Nobody does something for nothing.

I just do not see the logic in North Korea wanting to start a conflict. Sure saber rattling has its benefits to getting more cash and food, but at this level it's not.

Something just does not sit right with me on this.

Where is the out? What is there really to gain?

It's always the tiny details that really tell the story.

For example, the President snuck out to Five Guys to grab a few burgers. Sure its sounds cool and hip but politically it would be suicide if this thing erupts. Barack will also be known as the guy going out for burgers when the world burned *if that happens.

Him going out today has more impact than you know in these sort of environments. I can see Kim's face now,

"So what's the news?" ....

"He went out for burgers".

"What? burgers? IN THE MIDDLE OF THIS CRISIS"

"Yes Sir"

"What kind?"

"Five Guys"

"Good burgers"

"Yes Sir"

"Maybe we should go out for dumplings"

"You driving?"

"Sure let the heat attack patient drive...idiot! you get the car"

Maybe the White House is playing it cool. Remember during the missile crisis Kennedy kept his appointments to keep perceptions up.

Something about this does not flow, that's for sure.



[edit on 29-5-2009 by AllexxisF1]



posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
"Renegade" doing the perfect thing. NK barks cos they wanna gain attention. But Obama, simply doesnt care. Aswell this situation is not NK vs. USA. Its NK vs. the UN and the rest of mostly all. Aswell China and Russia signals that NK crossing a border of no return soon.



posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AllexxisF1
 


the Problem Alexxis, your trying to understand minds that are not like yours our mine. In addition I have read quite a few of your posts, your very passionate about your opinions and waste no time to correct others who do not think as you, or see things in the same perspective which therefore adds to some of the confusion you have about this World conflict. In my opinion. Just as in the beginnings of WWII, the World did not understand why or how hitler believed he could take down France or attempt to take out Russia, but he tried never the less. Fascism is dangerous, if you look close you can see that the North Koreans will follow Kim il dong, into the abyss, and fight for him no matter what right or wrong. Now you and I , well I am sure we do not think that way, well that is the first thing you have to look at to try understand this madness.

Their is something in their minds we do not have.. I would bet if we had war with North Korea, they would fight to the death, even after occupation.



posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adrifter
reply to post by AllexxisF1
 


the Problem Alexxis, your trying to understand minds that are not like yours our mine. In addition I have read quite a few of your posts, your very passionate about your opinions and waste no time to correct others who do not think as you, or see things in the same perspective which therefore adds to some of the confusion you have about this World conflict. In my opinion. Just as in the beginnings of WWII, the World did not understand why or how hitler believed he could take down France or attempt to take out Russia, but he tried never the less. Fascism is dangerous, if you look close you can see that the North Koreans will follow Kim il dong, into the abyss, and fight for him no matter what right or wrong. Now you and I , well I am sure we do not think that way, well that is the first thing you have to look at to try understand this madness.

Their is something in their minds we do not have.. I would bet if we had war with North Korea, they would fight to the death, even after occupation.


Very good text but pls keep in mind that there is always a bigger player hidden in the dark. Hitler was supported from external financial sources (Prescott Bush for example). Maybe the whole action is just a selling promotion. Iran is surely interested in nuclear technology and Korea just has proofed that they are capable. Now they launching missiles to prevent SK from stopping NK shipments.

NK has the product, IRAN they money. Hitler has the product (strong military force and plans) Bush had the money.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by emergencyresponseteam]

[edit on 29-5-2009 by emergencyresponseteam]



posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by emergencyresponseteam
 



thank you, I never saw the prescott bush angle bro..


star...

makes me wonder..



posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
US is sending a squadron of F-22's to guam on saturday but it was already decided upon weeks ago and not due to this crsis, although i'm sure this added bit of air muscle will help ease japanese nerves.



posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
US is sending a squadron of F-22's to guam on saturday but it was already decided upon weeks ago and not due to this crsis, although i'm sure this added bit of air muscle will help ease japanese nerves.


pretty birds ^^



posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
In no way do i want a war at all but it must be said any war between NK and SK/US on the DMZ would be an absolutely surreal spectacle.

I mean 2 million troops on the DMZ clashing, it would be insane, not to mention tank numbers to rival Kursk. Spectacular yet scary and horrific.



posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
In no way do i want a war at all but it must be said any war between NK and SK/US on the DMZ would be an absolutely surreal spectacle.

I mean 2 million troops on the DMZ clashing, it would be insane, not to mention tank numbers to rival Kursk. Spectacular yet scary and horrific.



Found something interesting... on Center for Defense Information.

Stand-off with North Korea:
War Scenarios and Consequences

www.cdi.org...

"U.S. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld has called North Korea the “single largest
proliferator of ballistic missile technology on the face of the earth.”11 It is fair to say that the Department of Defense views the country as a significant threat."

"Fargo and the PACOM war planners have studied North Korea in detail. It is their job. For all the above reasons, PACOM will have to consider the response by North Korea to any U.S. military action as totally unpredictable and thus be aware that any action would carry tremendous risk. A small “surgical” strike could be viewed by an acutely paranoid Kim Jong Il as the first phase of a war for regime change. Therefore, any U.S. military contingencies have to include the option of immediately being able to respond to a full-scale war on the Korean Peninsula. This would include any perceived escalation by U.S. forces serving as a possible tripwire to a preemptive North Korean strike of enormous magnitude on the South."

[edit on 29-5-2009 by emergencyresponseteam]



new topics

top topics



 
76
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

log in

join