It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WORLD: Korea Showdown - Latest News and Updates.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by andersonglk
The guards are in a state of constant readiness. They have one eye on the wall, and one eye on the North Korean soldier at the top of the steps of the big gray building.

pennyphillips.smugmug.com...

One eye on a featureless blue wall, 10cm away.
The other on a grey building 150m away.

I'm pretty sure you'd start hallucinating in about a minute and a half.

Think about that, next time you start complaining about your job.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by vox2442]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by hitmen
Why is the US dabbling in Korea affair in the first place

Poor koreans on both sides as chess pieces for some idiots at the top

The US has an agreement with South Korea:

en.wikipedia.org...
"The United States engaged in the decolonization of Korea (mainly South, Soviet Union engaged North Korea) from Japan after World War II. After 3 years of military administration by the United States, the South Korean government was established. Upon the onset of the Korean War, the United States Military was sent to South Korea to defend against the invasion of North Korea and later China. Since then, the two nations have had strong economic, diplomatic and military ties, although they have at times disagreed with regards to policies towards North Korea. Currently, the U.S. Eighth Army, Seventh Air Force and U.S. Naval Forces Korea are stationed in South Korea."

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
OK...I think it shall be interesting knowing everyone's prediction of the outcome..more sunctions until they die?..military action?...ww3?..israel attacks iran?...nothing?

What do you think?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Has anyone actually taken the time to visit the official NK website forums?

It's the most hilariously obvious propagandic literature i've seen in my life.

Welcome to 1984! ( Which judging by the looks of it, is when this website was also made )

www.korea-dpr.com...

James Taylor from the united kingdom writes:

I've just read about this, it's the headline news in all the papers over here. Apparently it was a bigger test than the 2006 one. If true then it's good to see the DPRK increasing its national defence and advancing forward technologically, and equally funny to see western politicians and journalists clamouring to denounce it while cheering for imperialist wars!

Thomas Oliver Peddle, also from the 'united kingdom' gleefully replies:

Quite right James! It's always amusing how us westerners are so quick to condemn isolated nations for carrying out their tests and self defence measures. Im sure no-one would bat an eyelid if we conducted a test for our nations security

Then later on apparently the whole world catches on to kims brave, brave antics of noble actions against the west.

Viktor Ignatov from Germany writes:

This is wonderful news! According to the reports this has breached 4.6 on the richter scale, higher than the 2006 test -- this could indicate up to 10 kilotonnes (Mb = 4.262+0.973 logY)! Go DPRK! Praise to the Dear Leader!

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
reply to post by octotom

Asian people are just amazing in their loyality towards their leaders. I have lived 4 yrs in Asia and I have saw that "Kamikaze Mentality" from closest possible range in Thailand Crisis.

Everyone can remember Japanese brave young soldiers, and that mentality is not "hoax information" from history. I have personally followed half an year North Korean "news" broadcast in my countryhouse in Thailand.

Its amazing what can be brainwashing in total scale - and it has continued for decades without a break. North Korean people are truly fighting against worst satan above the earth when they see US flags in their sights...

You guys really should have seen those every day news in NK news: ( Pics did follow like this in official reports )

Bush - "Death" - Bush - "explosion" - Bush - "slaughtering" - Bush - "Marines" - Bush...

From evening to another, and that was only just little over year ago!

Well, the US has been subjected to just a massive barrage of propaganda. Out of interest how exactly do you get the NK news? Could you explain - I'm nearby the region and would like to get it.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

The comments here are moderated in the same way.
735 comments praising kim.....how many can you get through?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
IN REPLY TO YOUR VID..WATCH THIS...

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by T0by
www.youtube.com...

The comments here are moderated in the same way.
735 comments praising kim.....how many can you get through?

That is really funny stuff on that Youtube page. I feel very sorry for the citizens of NK. They are being starved so their megalomaniacal leader can built his lies and military!

That is why I would hate to see a war with NK the people will only get more suffering.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
There is propaganda on all sides - some of it is a little more sophisticated than others

I think the DPRK should be able to create nukes to defend itself - I can't see any chance of them starting anything - it would be wholly stupid, and I don't see it happening.

The fuss is being created because the controllers don't like having opposition - this represents a place they just can't get into - so good for NK, however - I dont think the controllers are going to let it slide - they will use their propaganda machine to press for conflict.

If something starts - it will be started by the CIA with a false flag operation - no doubt. I wouldn't put it past them to nuke a major American city and blame NK - that would sure as hell get them the support they want.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
IN REPLY TO YOUR VID..WATCH THIS...

www.youtube.com...

I'd like to know alot more about exactly what goes on in north korea.
Is there anything more documented than a random guy spouting bad stuff.
Not that i don't believe him, i'm on the fence.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
How many people here bought guns to defend themselves from the NWO and Bildeberg's of the world?

Well North Korea is basically doing the same thing.

You cannot have a righteous and glorious U.S.A. and a Bildeberg\NWO conspiracy. It has to be one or the other.

If you were North Korea and you saw those world banker licking their chops to get your country, wouldn't you do the same damn thing.

Honestly.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
This escalation does concern me by the very fact Kim appears as if he knows what is coming.

Perhaps he has already smuggled a device to a "terrorist" group and knows that device will used with the blame placed on either NK, Iran, or Pakistan.

So he is going to great lengths with this show of force so the West will think twice before attacking NK. Holding the innocent people of SK hostage.

This is my conspiracy thought for the day. Hope China steps in sooner rather than later!

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
All eyes need to be focused on the Mideast where the real threat of war lies. If you're waiting for war in Korea then you are going to be disappointed. There are other reasons behind why NK is doing what it is doing but it certainly isn't to start a war with the U.S. They are putting on a show for their own people - period. There is nothing else to be read into this and this is why we won't be sending more military support to the region.

WW3 will ignite in the Mideast and it could take place in our very near future. Tensions in the Mideast are as high as they have ever been. With intense pressure put on Israel by the world to accept a two-state solution - which Israel says isn't going to happen - so that peace may finally be achieved, and the threat of Iran developing nukes which would be used against Israel, something is going to break soon. The likely scenario will be that Israel attacks Iran's nuke sites and then the Mideast turns into a fireball. Russia built Iran's reactor and Iran and Russia are close allies. A few months ago, Russia stated in the press that an attack against Iran is an attack against them and they will respond accordingly.

Also keep your eyes on the Georgia and UK regions. Russia is upset that we are in their backyard holding war games with NATO and Georgia. Georgia and UK both used to be part of the Soviet Union before it collapsed in 1991 and as far as they are concerned, they are still theirs - unofficially. Russia is upset that UK wants to join NATO. NATO is a threat to Russia's plans to once again take back what they lost in 1991. Russia wants to expand even further out than where they were before. The Russian "bear" has come out of hibernation and they are also going to play a huge role in the Mideast conflict. And then there is the possibility of a conflict between Russia and Poland if we go ahead with our installation of the missile defense shield there - which we say we are still going to do. And don't forget about Russia's threats of shutting off gas supplies to the UK and EU nations again.

You could just go on and on about where the potential for a major conflict will flare up next but there isn't enough room here to discuss them all. But keep your eyes on Israel and Iran. If there is anything to be said about what is happening in NK right now, however, it would be that this COULD increase Israel's urgency on when they should attack the Iranian nuke facilities. Iran and NK have long been partners in developing their nuclear programs and it is more than likely that Iranian's were present during this latest nuke test.

www.msnbc.msn.com...
www.reuters.com...
en.wikipedia.org...(country)
www.voanews.com...
www.atimes.com...

As you will see from the following link, what NK is doing now is nothing new which is why we are seeing the non-response we are seeing in the current situation. This isn't the first time for this.

www.cfr.org...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

www.topix.com...

good links to keep on top of this developing story..

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by F15-Pilot
All eyes need to be focused on the Mideast where the real threat of war lies. If you're waiting for war in Korea then you are going to be disappointed. There are other reasons behind why NK is doing what it is doing but it certainly isn't to start a war with the U.S. They are putting on a show for their own people - period. There is nothing else to be read into this and this is why we won't be sending more military support to the region.

Caution is always advisable when it comes to matters such as this and you are correct in stating that NK's past outbursts have been planned in order to placate it's own population or squeeze additional aid out of the West.

I believe, however, the fact that NK exploded a nuclear device (first time since 2006) raises concern above and beyond that which follows missile tests. There is also the feeling among some who are familiar with NK that there may be an internal struggle under way for control of the country. If so, these latest provocative actions must be viewed through a different prism.

While I mostly agree that this is likely just another grab for attention on the World stage, part of me fears it is more ominous than that...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

But there are few military options to counter North Korea's move, and analysts say most of them would seem aggressive and only ratchet up the tension.

"As North Korea escalates day by day, you don't want to be provocative," says Nicholas Szechenyi, a fellow at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, a think tank in Washington. The US military should sit this one out because this is a time for diplomacy, not a show of force, he says.

Defense Secretary Robert Gates, en route to an annual security summit in Singapore Friday, signaled as much, saying North Korea's actions so far do not warrant sending more US troops to the region.

"I don't think that anybody in the [Obama] administration thinks there is a crisis," Mr. Gates told reporters aboard his military jet early Friday morning, still Thursday night in Washington.

"What we do have, though, are two new developments that are very provocative, that are aggressive, accompanied by very aggressive rhetoric," he said. "And I think it brings home the reality of the challenge that North Korea poses to the region and to the international community."

www.csmonitor.com...

Well it looks like we will talk this one out.

Better idea then starting ww3 in my opinion.

Remember back before WW2 when

Arthur Neville Chamberlain (18 March 1869 – 9 November 1940) was a British Conservative politician and Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 1937 to 1940. Chamberlain is best known for appeasement foreign policy, in particular regarding his signing of the Munich Agreement in 1938, conceding the Sudetenland region of Czechoslovakia to Germany, and for his "containment" policy of Germany in 1939 that culminated in declaring war on Germany on 3 September 1939.
en.wikipedia.org...

I hope we can do a better job then Chamberlain.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I don't think that a war between NK and some other nation (SK, US) is going to take place. As some here had stated before, this seens like an action from the NK govt. to get from the world what they are in need right now (food, energy, attention, etc...).

Of course the situation is worrying, but i don't think it will end up in war or, on a worst case scenario, a nuclear war.

I have read somewhere that 80% of the energy that is used in NK comes from China. Is that true?

If it is true, then all those problems coud be solved by just pulling the plug off on the chinese side.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Breaking: US Army moves to DEFCON 2

Sources close to MiNa claim the US Army has moved their alert level to Defcon 2. This was initiated by the alarming situation in North Korea. The US Army has over 35,000 troops stationed in South Korea, well within reach of North Korean convential weapons.

North Korea has the largest artillery force (can be equipped with nuclear warheads) in the world, which adds more to the already tense situation.

Earlier today, N. Korea's leader Kim Jong issued threaths to the South Korean and US Navy ships for coming too close to North Korea's territorial waters. The South Koreans and the Americans, may be positioning themselves for a preemptive strike.

macedoniaonline.eu...

The next Defcon is all out war!!! This is what the Cuban missile crisis came to.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by Sky watcher]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
Breaking: US Army moves to DEFCON 2

Sources close to MiNa claim the US Army has moved their alert level to Defcon 2. This was initiated by the alarming situation in North Korea. The US Army has over 35,000 troops stationed in South Korea, well within reach of North Korean convential weapons. Blah, blah, blah ...

ABSOLUTE RUBBISH.

Why?

1) The North Koreans DO NOT have a nuclear capable artillery shell.

2) Defcon 2 would be impossible to keep secret without the world press going bananas.

Talk about your fear mongers, knock it off already.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by F15-Pilot
All eyes need to be focused on the Mideast where the real threat of war lies. If you're waiting for war in Korea then you are going to be disappointed.

Up until now I would have agreed with you. NK have always been attention seekers and all the posturing is their way of negotiation. However, it looks like they're getting desperate now - and I think the major powers have finally realized that something needs to be done about them as they're not going to go away quietly. You can only ignore a naughty toddler for so long before you have to give it a slap

I do agree that Israel is likely to bomb Iran if things kick off in NK. It's what I would do, to be honest.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join