It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Furor grows over partisan car dealer closings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Furor grows over partisan car dealer closings

www.washingtonex aminer.com

Evidence appears to be mounting that the Obama administration has systematically targeted for closing Chrysler dealers who contributed to Repubicans. What started earlier this week as mainly a rumbling on the Right side of the Blogosphere has gathered some steam today with revelations that among the dealers being shut down are a GOP congressman and closing of competitors to a dealership chain partly owned by former Clinton White House chief of staff Mack McLarty.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I think it's obvious that Obama is taking us towards fascism. This is why you don't want government control over private companies. Politics will be injected in these areas.

Banks will be directed as to who to give loans to and good companies will be closed because they have a different ideology.

Democrats will try to excuse this until the bitter end because many of them think government should be a behemoth and control everything.

If you look at Obama's influences and the people he used to hang around it raises red flags.

Reverand Wright, Ayers, Rezsco and more. His ideological father is Saul Alinksy.

At every instance Obama says he doesn't agree with them or he was not around when they said certain things. Obama's actions speak louder than words.

www.washingtonex aminer.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-5-2009 by platosallegory]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
C'mon folks, take the partisan bait, you know you wanna!

My boss came into my office this morning and was crying about this. He's completely clueless to the fact that he's being played like a fiddle and is well on his way to becoming Soylent Green.

Peace

[edit on 28-5-2009 by Dr Love]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

My boss came into my office this morning and was crying about this. He's completely clueless to the fact that he's being played like a fiddle and is well on his way to becoming Soylent Green.

Peace

I have info posted some here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This guy was interesting
gretawire.foxnews.com...

[edit on 123131p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Obviously Obama is a facist, but it's more than that, dare I say... The white male dealerships get closed, the non-white dealerships get the business - IF there is a choice. That way it all looks non racist.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

With the exception of one or two the majority of car dealership owners I have ever done business with were pretty conservative dudes and if that is true of the majority of owners (and I am not saying that it is, rather it is my experience) then ergo the majority of car dealerships being shut down are owned by conservatives.

[edit on 28-5-2009 by grover]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

Peace

[edit on 28-5-2009 by Dr Love]

Yum Soilant Green, tell the truth Doctor Love since he is your boss do you want to get your own hands on that box when it comes off of the line?

No how, no way do I believe that any of the Dealerships loosing their franchises are doing so because of their Party affiliation.

They are loosing them over...

Whether or not they have an independent bank to do their floor plan credit.

Dealers have to pay the manufacturer's the moment a Vehicle Identification Number is affixed to the car and an MSO (Manufacture Statement of Origin) (the initial title on the vehicle) is printed up.

Some dealers use independent banks while others use GMAC (General Morors Acceptance Corp for General Motors Dealers) Chrysler Credit (For Dodge and Chrysler Dealers) Ford Motor Credit (Ford Lincoln Mercury Dealers)

Dealers who don't need manufacturing finance to pay for their cars at the time of shipping get first consideration.

Dealers who maintain a very important above zone average in CSI (customer satisfaction index) get first consideration

Dealers who maintain targeted sales volume get first consideration.

If you are a dealer who needs the manufacturer to floor plan your vehicles with their money, have below average CSI scores, and have failed to meet manufacturer's sales quotas, well you can pretty much kiss the franchise car business good bye!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
This topic already being discussed on this thread

ats thread

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
No how, no way do I believe that any of the Dealerships loosing their franchises are doing so because of their Party affiliation.

I agree with you wholeheartedly!

Could it be that MAYBE they are closing the dealerships with the lowest sales and, just by chance, the majority of the owners JUST HAPPEN to be republicans?

Chrysler to Close 25% of Dealers

The carmaker said the sales at many of its dealers were too low.

Just over half of the dealers account for about 90% of the company's US sales, it added.
******SKIP******
'In or out'

"In addition, as suburbs grew and the modern interstate system continued to evolve, long-standing dealerships no longer were in the best or growing locations," the company said in its filing.

"Many rural locations also served a diminishing population of potential consumers. Some dealership facilities became outdated. Other locations faced declining traffic count and declining populations."

As a result, the troubled carmaker has written to those dealers it wants to close down.

[edit on 5/28/2009 by Keyhole]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

Yeah really... who wants to go into a car dealership with mush loosebowels spewing forth on the radio?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

The long and short of it, is that there are too many dealer points in such a poor markert for any of them to sustain any kind of profibility. The more competing dealers you have in one local marketplace the more they cut one another's price too. That's great for the consumer but hard on dealers struggling with low sales volume when the person knows that they want to buy a Chrysler 300 but can easily drive to 5 different Chrysler dealers in the course of one afternoon to see if one is desperate enough to sell it at no profit or a loss. All that changes when there is only 1 Chrysler dealer within easy driving distance.

Welcome to Government Motors! Where there is no haggling and refusal, failure or inability to buy today may result in you and your family being sent to a FEMA camp. Come on in, would you like to test drive the black one or the white one, would you like model one or model 2?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Of course people will not believe that these things will occur over party affiliation. It just so happens that McLarty's competitors are being closed down and he's staying open.

This is how it always happens in politics and the American people buy it everytime. A Senator gets contributions from a mortgage company and votes his way and then gets a sweetheart deal on their mortgage and the Senator acts shocked and the people re-elect him.

There have been car dealers all over the news who say they are being closed and they have been doing well while the guy down the street is struggling yet they are staying open.

The problem here is trust. The American people treat politicians like they are super human. So Obama can say these things may seem extraordinary but we live in extraordinary times so you can trust me to do the right thing.

It's just like he says he will create or save 600,000 jobs. So if a million jobs are lost he could say I at least stopped 600,000 more from being lost.

Here's more from the article:

Florida Rep. Vern Buchanan learned from a House colleague that his Venice, Florida, dealership is on the hit list. Buchanan also has a Nissan franchise paired with the Chrysler facility in Venice.

"It's an outrage. It's not about me. I'm going to be fine," said Buchanan, the dealership's majority owner. "You're talking over 100,000 jobs. We're supposed to be in the business of creating jobs, not killing jobs," Buchanan told News 10, a local Florida television station.

The trail left behind by Obama's auto task force stinks but the gullible American people will make excuses because they like Obama.

There's more!!

Big Dem Donor Group allowed to keep all 6 Chrysler dealerships open.... Local competitors eliminated by Obama's task force!!

Earlier it was reported that the Obama Administration may have targeted GOP donors in deciding which Chrysler dealerships would have to close their doors.

All 6 of their Chrysler dealerships will remain open. And, get this... Their local competitors have been eliminated!

The company is called RLJ-McLarty-Landers, and it operates six Chrysler dealerships throughout the South. All six dealerships are safe from closing.

The decision to close the dealerships was made by Obama officials and not Chrysler.

gatewaypundit.blogspot.com...

You have Obama cutting the advertising budget of Chrysler in half!

A PRESIDENT CONTROLLING ADVERTISING BUDGETS OF PRIVATE COMPANIES????

There's more but I will stop here.

[edit on 28-5-2009 by platosallegory]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by platosallegory

The link you provided is to a blogspot blog. I too have one on blogspot. That does not prove that my paranoid ramblings--if I choose to voice them--are newsworthy or even credible sources of information. Anyone can write a blog.

To read some of these posts you'd think that Obama was personally overseeing each and every act of Chrysler, just hungry to get revenge on everybody who gave money to John McCain.

Chrysler is making the decisions about which dealerships to close per their bankruptcy filing. The objective is to eliminate those that are not profitable. Maybe a lot of Chrysler dealers are Republicans, in which case a lot of Republican car dealers will be shuttered. I'm sorry that McClarty's dealerships are doing well and he happens to be a Democrat, if that upsets people. So far I'm only seeing things that are coincidental; that does not prove causation.

The Republicans are the ones who have been calling for the government to let the automakers go bankrupt. Then when they do they scream because Republicans are suffering. You just can't please some people.

I think I'll write a blog about Republican paranoia. Then it can be cited as an authoritative news source on ATS.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
[edit on 28-5-2009 by Sestias]

top topics

join