It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK State Trooper pulls over ambulance on way to hostpital, chokes EMT.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
Why are you all putting up with this? If this happened in the UK it would be all over the news...America, you're country is seriously screwed up.

Perhaps, but the other side of the equation is that Americans would never put up with the degree of CCTV surveillance you have there...cameras that bitch you out for littering, and so forth. Not to mention...what is it? ASBO laws?

The irony is that the technology that is spying on you guys also has the capacity to spy back on authorities...like the cel phone camera in this and so many other videos.

...including the RCMP greeting immigrants at the Vancouver airport.

Bad cops are a blight on civilised society. Cameras keep them honest.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Even with the additional information by uncommon-sense, there is still something missing here.

Police, EMT, fire departments all operate on the same radio frequency and channel. The "tones" from the dispatcher all come over the same channel and anyone on that channel hears them. After the initial call, there may be a request to go to another channel. This request would also be heard by anyone tuned into the original channel the call went out on. (Or at least, this is how it was when I was a volunteer firefighter.)

So, IF there was another call that the trooper was responding to, the EMT driver would have also heard it and been aware that a police cruiser might be approaching his location. Why didn't the trooper get on the radio when approaching them and let them know he was coming up on them rather than riding his bumper? Then another trooper jumps on the scene, allegedly responding to a call. Well, exactly what was this other call the troopers were speeding to? It seems it was completely forgotten while the troopers harassed the EMTs.

Also, it is customary (at least where I live) for at least one law enforcement officer to respond to an incident call to EMTs or firefighters in case there is a need for them and to assist, EMTs especially if there is a problem patient.

So, something here just doesn't add up.

Personally, having dealt with smart assed cops on more than one occasion when I was with the VFD, worked for attorneys and a judge, plus being related to one by marriage, I'd believe the EMTs long before I'd believe anything a cop said.

When they answer the question of other OTHER call they were allegedly responding to, and seem to have forgotten all about, then I MIGHT believe the trooper's story. Til then, as far as I'm concerned, they are just a couple of thugs with guns and badges.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by inthesticks

Good point, The original officer (the tailgater) drove past the ambulance and went on to the call (presumably) the cop who pulled over the ambulance was a secondary car (car 606).

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by uncommon-sense

Thanks for the additional information, but can you let us in on where you got this information? A link would be great.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541

Thanks for the additional information, but can you let us in on where you got this information? A link would be great.

sorry, I just assumed others would seek out the stories. here is a bit from the forum at the local news where MR. White ( the E.M.T.) writes in to defend him self and also a link to his statement. notice in his post he states his affidavid may be false!

link to affidavid.

His post is near the bottom ofthis page.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

After reading the statement by White, I would venture to say that (if that is actually him and have no reason to believe it is not) as he says, the dash cam on the officers car will prove everything.

Funny thing is, the officers behavior seems irrational. I do not have to think to hard to come up with the answer as to why...the woman in the front of the car dressed in civilian clothes? Hummm....wonder what she was doing in the front seat while the officer was driving erratically?

Hate to say it but looks like this is a "bad cop". They do exist...

[edit on 29-5-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by inthesticks
...Police, EMT, fire departments all operate on the same radio frequency and channel. The "tones" from the dispatcher all come over the same channel and anyone on that channel hears them. ...

Being a former dispatcher in Arkansas next to the OK border, I can tell you that our officers, Highway Patrol(Arkansas and Oklahoma), Fire Dept/EMT DO NOT operate on the same frequencies. We used to dispatch ambulances to Ok all the time an no one in OK knew they were going unless we called and told them.

I became aware of this incident when I saw it on MSN.com and knew you guys would be talking about it so I dropped in to see what you all had heard. It looks like the youtube video was filmed towards the end of the cops dashcam video. I heard the officer yelling at the driver that he needed to pull over for a emergency vehicle which is what I thought an ambulance vehicle was. Looks to me like this officer really needs to get his head straight and use a little common sense. The ambulance also looked like an Indian Reservation vehicle and not city or state. If someone's already mentioned that I apologize for repeating, but I haven't real the entire thread yet.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by paraclete1]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

I thought the choke hold was was outlawed for use by the police or is that only in certain states?????

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

how come this was dropped from the news so fast and yet the professor arrest garnered presidential attention?

WTH!

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Trooper Martin, the thug-with-a-badge who choked the ambulance driver not long ago, is at it again. I predict this guy is going to kill someone before they finally pull his badge.

I recently read a great book called The Hot House: Life Inside Leavenworth. An administrator at the prison said this about kids who get pushed around in childhood: they grow up to become criminals, or, they go into law enforcement where they finally have some power.

www.ktul.com...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join