It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK State Trooper pulls over ambulance on way to hostpital, chokes EMT.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Detached says it all in his first sentance. I must ask Why are we putting up with this?
Don't be comp[lacent. Take a few minutes and turn your words into power.
send the gov of OK an email and say that you did. We can make a difference!
gov.ok.gov...

Originally posted by detachedindividual
reply to post by Unit541

Holy crap!

That's insane!

Why are you all putting up with this? If this happened in the UK it would be all over the news, those officers would be suspended pending an investigation, statements would probably be made in parliament FFS!
AND THEN THEY'D LOSE THEIR JOBS!

How on earth can they do this and think they can get away with it?

Seriously, I think we need a "Police Abuse of Power" forum on this site, there seems to be more and more of these examples coming to light recently.

America, you're country is seriously screwed up.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by awakentired

Star and flag for you, and I sure did send him an e-mail.

Please, everybody, put pressure on the governor to do something about this! The only thing the care about is elections-make it known that we control that!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by wastedown

We had all better start praying a little harder and a lot longer.

From so much that I see it looks like God has left America.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
don't see it on the website, but did just see this story on CNN.

I'm glad to see some mainstream coverage of this event. The more the general populous becomes aware of incidents such as this, the more cameras will find their way onto the streets. The more camera's, the fewer of these incidents will occur.

Lets just hope that the officer faces some memorable consequences with lasting effects to serve as an example to others who joined the force not to serve and protect, but to carry a gun and wield authority.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightSkyeB4Dawn
reply to post by wastedown

We had all better start praying a little harder and a lot longer.
From so much that I see it looks like God has left America.

No offense Night, BUT along with your prayers send a stupid email and get involved!
Trust in god but keep your gunpowder dry!!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
dbl post

[edit on 28-5-2009 by awakentired]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

I just paid for a website to distribute american's discontent with their elected leader's voting. It will be a couple of weeks to set up but in the mean time just use your name and send an email. 1mill emails to an elected official has him wearing diapers!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
You are innocent until proven guilty. If the people in the states don't put a stop to this now, it'll soon be to late. No one should be treated this way.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
The article on firefighterclosecalls
firefighterclosecalls.com...

Officials say OHP troopers became very upset after the paramedic ambulance failed to yield the right of way while the troopers were rushing to a separate run. Apparently the trooper had never experienced anyone NOT pulling over when using his lights and siren.

I'm sorry, but which has right of way: a cop transporting someone, or an ambulance in which a passenger's life is in jeopardy?

I like that one person on the channel 8 website comments:

This is just ridiculous. Why in the hell is a state trooper pulling over an EMSA ambulance?

Do they want to have a death on their hands?

WE need to come together and continually email the Oklahoma Highway Patrol until they answer for the actions of their troopers. Here is the OHP chief's email address:

[email protected]

Apparently is also a race issue, as the cop was white, the EMT, the patient, AND the patient's son were all black. Being that this occurred in OK, where there still are racial problems, the incident is probably a racial issue, as well.

More on the story:
EMT's statement:
static.ktul.com...

Ambulance driver's statement:
static.ktul.com...

The follow-up story from yesterday, "EMT Could Face Charges After Incident With Trooper":
www.ktul.com...

And, apparently, according to a comment made on the previously given news site, there was a dash-cam in the trooper's vehicle, and it has incriminating evidence againt the EMT, but they won't release the video to the public.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MoonChild02

The trooper was out of control. If he was in myplatton he would get a blanket party at the least and his walking papers to follow.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
What if this was a heart attack patient? The patient could have died while this cop had his power trip. I would have sued the crap out of this cop and/or the police dept. Hell, I would sue anyway!

See, now this is a good question. It might not be a well known thing, but the fact is, there are some patients that you cannot run with at least the sirens on because it stresses them to the point that it makes the situation, and their condition worse. I can think of more than one time when we had to run with just the lights.

But it should not matter as in this state, the police should have known the rig was transporting a patient, because it would have been heard on their radio.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Im not even from your state and I used that website to tell these people exactly what to do with them.

They need to lose their jobs, and be made to make a public apology , covered by the news organization in their area, to the EMT's and the family of the woman in the EMTs charge.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I REALLY hope this makes the national news and that police department issues an apology - pathetic, reprehensible behavior

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I'm almost speechless by this, I have a feeling that if there wasn't a camera noticable, them cops might have tasered both men and what is with the choking? I can tell it took a lot of self control for that big guy to not start swinging. Now this is abuse of power at the extreme, those cops not only deserve to lose their badges but they need to serve some jail time. Wonder how tough they would be then.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MoonChild02

And, apparently, according to a comment made on the previously given news site, there was a dash-cam in the trooper's vehicle, and it has incriminating evidence againt the EMT, but they won't release the video to the public.

That's because there IS no incriminating evidence against the EMT, and they are 'holding' this 'evidence' to bluff their way out of it. Something needs to be done and FAST about cops like this. I cant look at a cop any more without wondering if I am going to be arrested for some outrageous thing he just made up. (Been there, done that....)I used to respect cops- but not any more. I'd rather shoot them first.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
A couple of points you guys are missing here.
1. The ambulance was not running with it's lights or siren on as the patients health was not in jeopardy.(heat exhaustion).
2. The Driver was seen giving the cop the finger. (in most states this is against the law.)
3.The son's video is highly edited. it completely skips the part where the EMT in the back of the ambulance shoved and struck the officer. ( alleged by the officer and for some reason edited out of cell phone. son admits he edited some of the scene). EMT. does not deny striking the officer but says it was an accident. He did not even mention it in his affidavid which means either it didn't happen or he knows he is guilty.

The finger and the shove appear to be in the police dashcam footage. that is the reason why the D.A. is considering charges against the EMT.

Personal opinion: This whole thing could have been handled better, but if you were the officer would you not file charges against someone striking you? especially after seeing it appear online in a highly edited video painting you as a bad cop? he has been subject to death threats and other violence since this incident as well as labled a racist repeatedly. the local news even ran the video as they saw it on you tube.

Keep in mind THE D.A. has seen all the footage and is considering charges against the EMT.. not the officer, pretty well sums it up to me.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by uncommon-sense
A couple of points you guys are missing here.
1. The ambulance was not running with it's lights or siren on as the patients health was not in jeopardy.(heat exhaustion).
2. The Driver was seen giving the cop the finger. (in most states this is against the law.)
3.The son's video is highly edited. it completely skips the part where the EMT in the back of the ambulance shoved and struck the officer. ( alleged by the officer and for some reason edited out of cell phone. son admits he edited some of the scene). EMT. does not deny striking the officer but says it was an accident. He did not even mention it in his affidavid which means either it didn't happen or he knows he is guilty.

The finger and the shove appear to be in the police dashcam footage. that is the reason why the D.A. is considering charges against the EMT.

Personal opinion: This whole thing could have been handled better, but if you were the officer would you not file charges against someone striking you? especially after seeing it appear online in a highly edited video painting you as a bad cop? he has been subject to death threats and other violence since this incident as well as labled a racist repeatedly. the local news even ran the video as they saw it on you tube.

Keep in mind THE D.A. has seen all the footage and is considering charges against the EMT.. not the officer, pretty well sums it up to me.

That is indeed important information. Thank you for sharing. There are always at least two sides to the story. It still seems petty to pull over an ambulance, lights or not, but maybe the escalation after that was caused as much by the EMTs and family as anyone.

I did read earlier that the family following the ambulance had created a traffic hazard. The cops should have pulled them over, not the ambulance. It is illegal to follow an ambulance, even if you are family.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by uncommon-sense

I hear ya!

Is there a way to edit the cop's camera recording also?

Why is there a woman in the passenger seat of the cruiser? Why isn't she in the back seat?

-EyesII

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyesII
reply to post by uncommon-sense

I hear ya!

Is there a way to edit the cop's camera recording also?

Why is there a woman in the passenger seat of the cruiser? Why isn't she in the back seat?

-EyesII

I am sure you could, but it would be apparent as it has a time stamp running in the frame.

I have no idea as to why he had a passenger. It could be that she was a complaintant, also possible she is just a friend, girlfriend, relative doing a ride-along. Some police departments allow it. Also it is possible she was another officer.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Thugs in uniforms, that's all I can say.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join