It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Claim of Obama Justice Department Protecting New Black Panthers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
That's the title of the article ... NOT MINE.

Considering that charges are still pending for one of these guys, I can't say that they are 'protecting the New Black Panthers'. There isn't enough evidence of that - IMHO.

Remember these guys? The ones with the billy clubs who were standing outside a Philly polling place on election day ... in military garb and billy clubs .. intimidating people?

Story Here

IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF PENNSYLVANIA
THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, )

Plaintiff,

v. Civil Action No. 2:09-cv-0065

NEW BLACK PANTHER PARTY FOR SELF-DEFENSE, an unincorporated association, MALIK ZULU SHABAZZ, MINISTER KING SAMIR SHABAZZ aka MAURICE HEATH, and JERRY JACKSON, Defendants.

RULE 41(a)(1)(A) NOTICE OF DISMISSAL

NOW COMES the Plaintiff, the United States, pursuant to Fed. R. Civ. P. 41(a)(1)(A) and files this Notice of Dismissal of the above action and states as follows:

1. The Defendants New Black Panther Party for Self Defense, Malik Zulu Shabazz, and Jerry Jackson have not filed an answer or motion for summary judgment. These same Defendants have made no appearance and have filed no pleadings with the Court. Nor have they otherwise raised any other defenses to this action. Therefore, the United State has the right under Fed. R. Civ. P. 41(a)(1)(A) to dismiss voluntarily this action against the Defendants: New Black Panther Party for Self Defense, Malik Zulu Shabazz, and Jerry Jackson.

2. The United States dismisses the claims against these Defendants without prejudice.

3. This dismissal does not extend to Defendant Minister King Samir Shabazz.
Case 2:09-cv-00065-SD Document 17 Filed 05/15/2009

WHEREFORE, the United States, pursuant to Fed. R. Civ. P. 41(a)(1)(A), files this voluntary dismissal and hereby dismisses the instant action against the Defendants New Black Panther Party for Self Defense, Malik Zulu Shabazz, and Jerry Jackson, without prejudice.

Respectfully submitted,

LORETTA KING
Acting Assistant Attorney General

CHRISTOPHER COATES
Chief, Voting Section

ROBERT D. POPPER
Deputy Chief
s/ Spencer R. Fisher
J. CHRISTIAN ADAMS
SPENCER R. FISHER
Attorneys

United States Department of Justice
Civil Rights Division, Voting Section
950 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
NWB - Room 7146
Washington, D.C. 20006
202-305-0015 phone
202-307-3961 fax
[email protected]

Case 2:09-cv-00065-SD Document 17 Filed 05/15/2009

side note .. this made me chuckle ... Maurice changed his name and made himself a king or something
MINISTER KING SAMIR SHABAZZ aka MAURICE HEATH ... and yes .... I'm ridiculing him. So flame me.
The case against him wasn't dismissed. But it was dismissed for Malik Shabazz and Jerry Jackson.

I'm passing this on for ya'll to read and, if you like, comment.

[edit on 5/28/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Disgusting, but not surprising.....As I recall, not answering the court results in a default judgement against the party not responding, NOT DISMISSAL...

Any more background on the Judge (was it Soto...? oh, wait, that's the new SCOTUS nominee) or the case?

At least the case was dismissed without prejudice (so the case can be refiled)!!

[edit on 28-5-2009 by habu71]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by habu71
Any more background on the Judge

All I know is it was submitted by - LORETTA KING, Acting Assistant Attorney General. I've been trying to find info on her ... but I can't even find a picture of her shaking hands with anyone let alone a biography.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by habu71

Ok people I am very happy with Sotomayor for now until I find some "dirt" on her name after all she is Puertorican and we don't have any ties with any panters in the US
neither with La raza

So while I am trying to find what in the hell Loretta king has to do with been "acting attorney general" I want to know when she was nominated if she was at all.

[edit on 28-5-2009 by marg6043]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Ok, I found you only that Lorette King is supposedly Acting Assistant Attorney of the Civil Rights Division.

How she got that position I have not clue, I didn't even had a clue either that such position was available.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Story Here

All three now have had the charges dropped. :shk:

They showed up and stood at the door of the polling station shouting racial insults and brandishing weapons ... but that's just fine and dandy.

Okay ... Now I'll say it ... The obama Justice Dept is protecting the racist and dangerous New Black Panthers.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I guess that's an open invite for the KKK to stand outside of polling places as well?

Perhaps I'll need to bring my 2nd amendment rights to protect me at the polling booth next elections.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
I guess that's an open invite for the KKK to stand outside of polling places as well?

Perhaps I'll need to bring my 2nd amendment rights to protect me at the polling booth next elections.

I was actually surprised none showed up.

The guy without the nightstick was a registered pole watcher so not much could be done about that as long as he wasn't coercing the votes but the other guy not so sure he should be getting off the hook. It's obvious what the intended message was. I'm curious what would have happened if they were not in uniform. I'm guessing then it would have been written off as a couple dim wits and not got near as much air time.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darthorious
I was actually surprised none showed up.

I figured none would.

Everyone was on the watchout for white racists but they forgot that black racists abound as well. And it looks like the black racists are getting away with something that the white racists would have been nailed for - IMHO

[edit on 5/29/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Can you imagine what would happen if these men had been white?
They would be setting in Gitmo right now with terrorism indictments and facing several life sentences.
Seriously.. How in the HELL can three men, any three men, be allowed to show up at a polling station dressed in para military uniforms, carrying weapons "advising" people who to vote for or who to NOT vote for.
With this and other decisions this week, Obama has shown his "true colors"
Hes a lying, racist SOB and the scary thing is that hes not even trying to hide it.

[edit on 5/29/2009 by Kr0n0s]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
More opinions on this story found at a random blog, just one of several found throughout the web.
These are the only types of places that youll find this story.
It seems that the major news sites dont find this important enough to talk about.
That seems to be the case here as well.

Obama seriously doesnt seem to care what he does, as long as it fits his agenda, which im not sure what that even is at this time.
I honestly wanted to give the guy a chance at first, even though he is one of the most liberal person Ive seen run for office and was barely qualified enough to do his former job as a senator, much less running one of the most powerful countries in the world.
Hes taken his liberalism a step to far, dictating business policy and taking over banks and major US businesses.
Hes starting to make Bill and Hillary look like Reagan era Republicans

source

Now wait a damn minute. You're telling me that if three white boys had been stalking around a polling place in Mississippi throwing out the N-word and accosting voters, the Department would let it go? Of course not. And rightly so. Voter intimidation is nasty, antidemocratic. Voter intimidation on account of race? HELLO?!?

How bad was the intimidation? Bartle Bull who is described as "a longtime civil rights activist and former aide to Sen. Robert F. Kennedy's 1968 presidential campaign" said in an affidavit... "In my opinion, the men created an intimidating presence at the entrance to a poll," he declared. "In all my experience in politics, in civil rights litigation and in my efforts in the 1960s to secure the right to vote in Mississippi ... I have never encountered or heard of another instance in the United States where armed and uniformed men blocked the entrance to a polling location." Mr. Bull said the "clear purpose" of what the Panthers were doing was to "intimidate voters with whom they did not agree." He also said he overheard one of the men tell a white poll watcher: "You are about to be ruled by the black man, cracker." He called their conduct an "outrageous affront to American democracy and the rights of voters to participate in an election without fear." He said it was a "racially motivated effort to limit both poll watchers aiding voters, as well as voters with whom the men did not agree."

< br />

This looks significantly more like politicization of outcomes that anything alleged during the Bush administration, especially since the DoJ already won the case. In fact, the government had prepared arguments for penalties against the men as late as May 5th, before the political commissars under Attorney General Eric Holder ordered them to withdraw. Holder, during his confirmation hearing, had called career DoJ lawyers his “teachers” and the “backbone” of Justice. Apparently, the political leadership trumps teachers and backbone when it comes to voter intimidation on behalf of Barack Obama.

Source

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s
Hes starting to make Bill and Hillary look like Reagan era Republicans

The thing that people don't get, is that Obams is a Reagan-era Republican. Raise spending and "lower" taxes (note the quotes), with the ultimate goal of slashing federal spending by 50%, via bankrupting the nation and starting from scratch.

But he's got "D-Illinois" immediately following his name; ergo, people with an "R" following their name are essentially down-by-law to bash him

BTW: Did those guys in the OP actually engage in criminal activity? The video that I saw didn't show any criminal activity? I am aware that one video does not falsify a charge, I'm just saying ... did they do something wrong? Or are we ready to lock up people for "being intimidating?" That seems like a slippery slope...

[edit on 30-5-2009 by theWCH]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Legal Document Here

'You are about to be ruled by a black man, cracker' (page 3)

Yes ... they carried weapons and wore military uniforms ... they shouted racial hate speech and were threatening ... they tried to intimidate people from their rights to vote .... but it's all okay and we should just move on ....

BTW ... Ruled? Presidents don't 'rule'.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by theWCH

Voter Intimidation is a federal felony.

Im not surprised that the charges were dropped .... just some more change we can believe in. People are getting really angry with Obama, sooner or later he is going to have to either get his act together or go back to Chicago and play "community organizer".

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by habu71
Any more background on the Judge

All I know is it was submitted by - LORETTA KING, Acting Assistant Attorney General. I've been trying to find info on her ... but I can't even find a picture of her shaking hands with anyone let alone a biography.

Here is some information on Loretta king...

Loretta King was selected by Assistant Attorney
General Deval L. Patrick as the Civil Rights Division's career
Deputy Assistant Attorney General in 1994. Her primary
responsibilities include supervision of the Coordination and
Review, Special Litigation, and Voting Rights Sections.

A graduate of Duke University and American University's
Washington College of Law, Ms. King worked from 1980-1990 in the
Employment Litigation Section, enforcing Title VII of the Civil
Rights Act and Executive Order 12246. After a stint in the Civil
Division, Ms. King returned to the Division in 1992 as Deputy
Chief in the Voting Section, where she focused considerable
energy on the defense of cases challenging majority-minority
districts.

Ms. King is a proud beneficiary of the civil rights laws
passed during the 1960's, and thus has devoted her career to
enforcing those very laws for the benefit of future generations.
Ms. King enthusiastically supports and is actively involved in
the Coordination and Review Section's initiatives to reinvigorate
the governmentwide enforcement of Title VI and Title IX. "The
Department of Justice has an important leadership role under
Executive Order 12250," she said, "and we will exercise it so
that the full potential of covered civil rights laws can be
realized." Ms. King added, "This is especially true with respect
to Title VI and Title IX -- they finally will get the attention
and emphasis they deserve and need."

It's titled Introducing Loretta King ...
Civil Rights Forum
Volume 9, Number 2, Summer 1995

www.usdoj.gov...

There is also a picture here but I'm not sure which one is King....

www.ada.gov...

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Well I think this could be classified as domestic terrorism,

oh oopsy, that's for the tea party crowd, the Rightwing extremist.

[edit on 083131p://bSunday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Michelle Malkin has an interesting blog about this situation. She brings up Eric Holders involvement and calls him a racial coward. The title of the blog - US Department of Injustice.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Follow-up to this:

Republican Rep. Frank Wolf is accusing Attorney General Holder of ignoring his requests for an explanation why the Justice Department dismissed charges of voter intimidation filed against two members of the New Black Panther Party.

One of the four men there that day, Minister King Samir Shabazz, did face a charge of brandishing a "deadly weapon," a nightstick, outside the polling station, The Hill reported. His punishment -- being prohibited from brandishing a weapon within 100 feet of a Philadelphia polling station until after the 2012 election.

hahahhahahhaha he CAN carry a weapon the day after the 2012 election. Maybe this means there won't be elections after 2012!

[edit on 13-7-2009 by Yetichi]

[edit on 13-7-2009 by Yetichi]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
PDF Here

Another PDF here

GOP Rep. Frank Wolf of Virginia has written to Eric Holder in reference to the dismissal of the voter intimidating New Black Panthers. You all might be interested to know that he's not letting it drop. His letters are excellent.

Considering that Obama, and those in his administration, don't seem to think they need to answer to anyone, I'm wondering if Holder will answer or respond to the VERY GOOD questions that Rep Wolf has put forward.

So the fact is that under the Obama administration, black supremists are free to spew hate speech while carrying weapons and engaging in voter intimidation.

Rep Wolf will probably end up with some thugs, endorsed by the Obama administration, on his doorstep to intimidate him out of this line of inquiry.

Welcome to 'change, hope, unity, transparency'. :shk:

top topics

join