It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two-Year-Old Boy Shot Dead By Sister, Three'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
How does a three year old child pull the trigger on a .45 calibre hand gun? I have trouble pulling the trigger on a 9mm semi auto handgun and I'm 23 yrs old. Something sounds fishy.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliengurl
How does a three year old child pull the trigger on a .45 calibre hand gun? I have trouble pulling the trigger on a 9mm semi auto handgun and I'm 23 yrs old. Something sounds fishy.

Studies have shown that a 2 year old child has the hand strength necessary to manipulate even a double action trigger.

They use the fingers on both hands.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Really, the issue of gun ownership by individuals is not a valid subject on which an argument can be made. It is a guaranteed right of a US citizen under our Constitution period...end of argument. It has been so for 233 years and can't be interpreted differently now simply to satisfy people who choose not to embrace individual personal responsibility or who mistakenly believe that some utopian society of world peace can ever truely exist.

Regardless of what laws may be passed or treaties signed in the future to subvert this right, there will still be guns, including mine, because I will not give them up unless I'm dead. I say this because I realize, as do millions of other Americans, that this right is central to ensuring that our other rights and liberties cannot be lost to other individuals or oppressive government. I'm tired of listening to, so-called Americans, who insist that there is nothing worth fighting for. We have gone from "land of the free, home of the brave", to "land of the entitlements, home of the politically correct".

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Not the poor little girls fault. She's just as much of a victim as her brother. Both the victim of negligent parents. Lock them away!!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliengurl

It's probably a glock. Normally I would assume that it's a 1911.. However there is NO way a 3 year olds hand is going to fit around the beavertail safety to depress it enough while picking up such a heavy gun.

Glocks are especially designed to kill in an emergency situation. Assuming it's a glock, it has, no safety features (The trigger lever isn't really a safety feature..) and a very light trigger pull. Glocks are somewhat notorious for firing when they have little, and sometimes no force on the trigger.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

That makes sense, seems like the more likely scenario.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
All you ATS members can argue all you want, all I know is that your perspectives and opinions would be drastically changed if the tables were turned meaning that it was your child who lost his or her life because of the same situation...then try to argue about statistics/values of gun ownership.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by c0d3name M2

I agree.

Or until your child brings your gun to school.

Or until your 7 year olds are playing cowboy and indian and find a real prop.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
What about the CHILD who takes Ma and Pa's car keys and has an accident......

Outlaw CARS?

Or the unwatched Child that takes a kitchen knife and harms a sibling...

Outlaw Eating Utensils?

Give me a break!

Parents need to be responsible for items that are dangerous AND EDUCATE children along with safe practices!!

Common sense isnt always so common...

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Amen. Don't take away my gun rights because people are idiots. This is 100% the parent's fault for leaving it not only accessible but LOADED as well.

That's insanity of the highest order.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
The debate is over parenting, not guns. Where did this happen? I imagine in the South USA, or South West?

These parents should go right to jail, do not pass go.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mrbarber

You are absolutely right. I defend the country and sometimes wonder why I should even care.... People think they can just change the constitution - oh - it's okay - it's just an old piece of paper. Who cares what rights it guarantees us?

Well I posit this to you - all you anti-gun whiners who want to have our 2nd amendment altered. Do you honestly think that if such a move did happen that EVERYONE in the US would just willingly get rid of their firearms? Or for that matter, criminals and people who do nothing in their life but RUN GUNS across the border for cash?

I'm sorry people are apparently too irresponsible to care for their children and teach them what's right and wrong. We're apparently witnessing the first major incidents of the "me me me" generation here. You shouldn't be so lazy as to expect something as ridiculous as "Oh, we'll just ban guns." instead of teaching your child what is right and wrong and safeguarding your personal weapons so incidents like this do not occur.

As to the person who was talking about "bringing guns to school" - - that comes again from mindset and how people treat/raise their children. A book just came out called "Columbine" by Dave Cullen. It is a good read.

Did it convince me that I should give up my 2nd amendment rights because of two crazy teens?

Ha.

No.

If people would learn that the world doesn't revolve around them and start taking responsibility for how they handle their kids, stuff like this wouldn't occur. For sure when it does - it's tragic - but I don't need a bunch of liberals coming out of the wood word w/ their lisps and same-sex partners telling me that "Gunsth are bad for the world....."

Go educate yourselves on the principles of the country you're leeching off of.

If you don't like the rights we have.

Leave.

*This is a carry-over rant from that thread about the woman who was told to take her American Flag down on memorial day. The person who told her that should be shot. With a gun. That someone else had the right to have.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Stuff like this happens, and people talk about gun laws.

Kids get run over and killed, people talk about what a shame it is.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I was taught at an early age, just like most of you---don't ever touch a gun, don't play with matches, don't go in the water or near it alone, don't run with scissors, etc. etc. But kids are kids and they think they are invincible. Their curiosity of something being taboo can make them that much more curious. How many of you knew you could get burnt with matches, and still played with matches as a kid? You don't think you're gonna burn the house down, or burn someone to death.

That's why it's imperative that parents don't tempt kids with stuff like this. Keep dangerous stuff locked away, or don't have it at all. Kids will be kids and it's the parents responsibility.

It's unfortunate that this happened.

[edit on 28-5-2009 by virraszto]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrbarber
Really, the issue of gun ownership by individuals is not a valid subject on which an argument can be made. It is a guaranteed right of a US citizen under our Constitution period...end of argument. It has been so for 233 years and can't be interpreted differently now simply to satisfy people who choose not to embrace individual personal responsibility or who mistakenly believe that some utopian society of world peace can ever truely exist.

Regardless of what laws may be passed or treaties signed in the future to subvert this right, there will still be guns, including mine, because I will not give them up unless I'm dead. I say this because I realize, as do millions of other Americans, that this right is central to ensuring that our other rights and liberties cannot be lost to other individuals or oppressive government. I'm tired of listening to, so-called Americans, who insist that there is nothing worth fighting for. We have gone from "land of the free, home of the brave", to "land of the entitlements, home of the politically correct".

And this has something to do with one not keeping loaded weapons where children can get at them because........

You think one has the right to solicit tragedy due to laziness??

[edit on 2009/5/28 by Aeons]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by c0d3name M2

You know, this wouldn't happen to my kids in my home (If I had them). Because 1) I don't leave my guns loaded! 2) If I had children, I would purchase a gun safe to leave them in.

But accidents happen. More people that own guns need to be involved with the NRA if they didn't have a parent, or an older sibling to teach them how to handle one.

That's how you prevent stupid mistakes and accidents.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazyninja
Stuff like this happens, and people talk about gun laws.

Kids get run over and killed, people talk about what a shame it is.

You leave the keys in the car, and the kid in the front seat, and you walk away....when the kid runs someone over, yes we talk about laws then too. Negligence is negligence is negligence, no matter how many times you say "my rights."

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Yes negligence kills, using many different tools.

There is a list as long as the dictionary of the strange and interesting ways man has accidented himself off of the planet. Some call it darwinsm, some call it unhappy circumstance. But the fact remains, that nobody talks about banning unless guns are involved.

Fact is, that certain causes are trendy. Diarrhoea kills more kids a year than AIDS, TB and malaria combined. Yet you can't get politicians or celebrities to get excited about it, why not?

[edit on 28-5-2009 by Lazyninja]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Dont be an idiot. The gun didnt kill anyone. Irresponsible parents did. Punish them, not everyone else. Punishing everyone is just asinine.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
It's gotten to the point where parents aren't raising their children. While I think this could have easily been prevented by even the simplest action by the parents, I see behavior like this becoming all to common these days. It's the same mindset that leaves the kid to watch t.v. or buys a 5 year old a cell phone or leaves the kid in the car while at the store. Honestly, you need a license to drive a car, to hunt and to conceal and carry a handgun, there should be a frickin license for having children. With a full on aptitude and common sense test beforehand.

Not to mention, there seems to be a serious lack of punishment going around. I remember when I did something stupid at that age I got a belt to my rear end. Although in this case I think someone should take a belt to the parents. Hell i'm almost 30 years old, and I know damn well if I did anything this stupid both of my parents would kick my ass for it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join