It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former skeptic sees the light.. Literally!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

A FORMER sceptic believes he may have witnessed a UFO over the skies of Cadishead.
Michael Holt, 35, from Allenby Road, Cadishead thinks he may be the latest in a long line of people who have seen the mystery flying objects in the area.
He said: "I was always very cynical about these claims but what I saw was definitely out of the ordinary, and when I went on the internet other people had posted their own sightings so there was definitely something out there.
"I had gone out at about 10.30pm to have a cigarette - I'm not allowed to smoke in the house - and saw something orange moving slowly across the sky, so I ran inside to get my camera.
"It wasn't a helicopter or plane - it wasn't the right shape for it. After hovering around for about a minute it shot off at amazing speed and seemed to disappear into a hole in the sky. One minute it was there and the next it had just disappeared."
Dave, a CCTV engineer, said he has always been sceptical about reports of UFOs in the past but that this ‘sighting’ has definitely got him thinking.
And when he went on the official website, www.uk-ufo.co.uk, he discovered that others had also seen ‘something out there’ over the last 12 months, bearing a similar description to his ball of orange light.

Click here for full story

The increase in sightings and scientific evidence coming out in the open is further indictation that disclosure is being pushed and not just from earthly sources.

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 28 May 09 by Gools]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
It always warms my heart when someone is not afraid to speak out when something like this happens to a skeptic. I think more and more people are looking "up" when they are outside and are becoming aware of their surroundings. Great post S&F

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by PammyK

I agree 100% I think it is amazing that he actually shared his experience.
Keep looking up people. It is the only way you will see one for yourself.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari

so I ran inside to get my camera.

footage please. ktx.

[edit on 28/5/2009 by errorist]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Good to see people are becoming aware! Just need the entire earth population to realize that then disclosure would be imminent!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by errorist

There is a link under his photo that says gallery 2 images.

BTW your post was less than a one liner and not cool on ATS. Next time please try to atleast spell out what you are saying and not abbreviate it.
This is ATS, not SMS.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
You've posted 2 threads here about this.

Why?

-m0r

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

Your link does not work and what are you on about?
I only posted one thread about this sighting. The other is a totally different sighting and a different person. I have posted 2 threads today but they were each unique.

can you please explain what you are talking about?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Always lookin UP,AWAYS DISAPPOINTED, even more so when I look at threads claiming stunning,awesome etc etc ufo video/pictures.

Seen plenty of meteors,and satellites,etc etc well maybe oneday!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Allright... back on topic please, everyone.

Watch the one-liners also.

Thank You.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Okay, I checked the photo out and all I see is a weird background and a white smudge.

Looks like a close up picture of those wierd posters that you have to stare at.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

A skeptic who has seen evidence that changes his view of a phenomenon is still a skeptic. A good skeptic knows that anybody can be wrong about any perception. It sounds to me like this guy was more of a cynic.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Ya its not much but its probably the best he could do at the time. Hell my camera phone won't even do that well. Especially at night.. forget about it.
Its pretty worthless for anything at a distance. *sigh*

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

Its not that it is a bad picture. It is a picture that looks nothing like the sky, day or night.

Get one of those posters I described. Take an eraser and erase the print. Take a close up picture of it and I bet it looks exactly like that.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by disownedsky

That is an excellent point. There are a lot of what some would call believers that are also skeptics. He would most likely have fallen under the definition of cynic.
What some call believers.. are more aptly referred to as knowers. Some have seen things that pushes their understanding beyond a belief to knowing.. that what they just saw.. could not possible have been of this world.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
reply to post by errorist

There is a link under his photo that says gallery 2 images.

BTW your post was less than a one liner and not cool on ATS. Next time please try to atleast spell out what you are saying and not abbreviate it.
This is ATS, not SMS.

I didnt know you're a moderator here.

Btw, that must be the graniest pic i ever seen. What the hell did he do with it?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I don't see what's so shocking. From what I gather from the story, he was skeptical that so many people were seeing things in his area, and then he saw one. It doesn't say that he was completely adverse to the idea of UFOs in general, or was somehow converted from disbelief in ET intelligence to complete belief. If that was the case, he'd be an idiot.

I think the number of people is very small who literally think that all UFO sightings are a lot of nonsense. There are close-minded extremists on both far sides of the argument, and they tend to be the same kind of person. Sort of like the evil biker types who because of some trauma are suddenly transformed into the most devout and most annoying Christians.

At least this guy isn't immediately jumping to the illogical conclusion, as many witnesses do, that the light was somehow a benevolent ET Space Brother or some other nonsense.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

I never said it was shocking, just interesting. When someone openly opposes something it is rare to see them admit they may have been wrong. I think that is all you have seen in this thread as far as that goes.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

I think this question doesn't need answering... if you think about it, put your ATS experience to a side you may eek out the answer.

Good read anyway OP. I feel as though I'm going the opposite way personally. From wanting to believe to pretty much not seeing anything that will help me believe (not aimed at this post).

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by and14263

Im pretty sure that the camera was just of a crap quality for that distance and time of day photography.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join