It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Health Threat: Bug-Borne Illnesses Spreading With Climate Change

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Health Threat: Bug-Borne Illnesses Spreading With Climate Change

www.foxnews.com

Tree-munching beetles, malaria-carrying mosquitoes and deer ticks that spread Lyme disease are three living signs that climate change is likely to exact a heavy toll on human health.

These pests and others are expanding their ranges in a warming world, which means people who never had to worry about them will have to start. And they are hardly the only health threats from global warming.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Okay let's try to keep "human caused global warming" out of this. This is purely climate change.

Climate change is as natural as the Earth is.

Okay then! So the Earth is getting hotter (for whatever reason *glare*) and this is allowing dangerous bugs to spread all over the planet, to areas where the were once never able to go.
I find this frightening. With all the things we must worry about, let's add some nasty bug-borne diseases in there.

It's like were living in a catastrophe soup.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Interesting thread my friend......have always been fascinated by animals that turn up where they shouldn't be in the world! Will keep a close eye on this thread because i will probably learn something!

S&F

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Climate change I say , no one will listen, it has started , it isnt in 40 years, we are smack in the middle of it ..

End times its called in the Bible ....Plagues and stuff, remember swine flu ? new coming plague that..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

How does this have anything to do with the end times? you do realise how many epidemics there have been since the bible was written? maybe i didn't read your post right...Anyway,god they can really attempt to find anything and link it to climate change...its getting boring now.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by parrallel

I am suddenly reminded of the Toads that are destroying the Australian ecosystem!

new topics

top topics

join