It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abu Ghraib abuse photos 'show rape'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
After reading through these threads and most of the Iraq or "terrorism" threads, it's really not hard to see how Nazis came to power and how they stayed in power. Some of the posts in this thread on bordering on insane. I'm just happy most of the crazy #s are in the south safely away from our government and economy where they can be morbidly obese, shop at wal-mart, fly American flags, and scream about Jesus safely away from any part of this country that matters.

[edit on 28-5-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]

I would think that the whole Country matters. I don't paticulary like Wal-Mart, but you do realize that there are Wal-Marts in every state in the US, not just in the south. Whats wrong with flying our flag? There is a differance between being anti United States and anti Government. The flag represents The United States. It does not represent the Government.

Some of these posts might be borderline insane (mine could be seen as such to some), but yours is an ignorant one.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Actually i think your right. People in the military do not have rights any more. They have to do whatever the govt tells them or face court martial.

Actually, an unlawful or illegal order can be disobeyed.

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Rather than getting a jury + fair trial, in the military you go see a military court (super unfair) etc

What's super unfair? A military court martial? Dude, those aren't pretty. And doing time in a military prison isn't a piece of cake, either.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
She was also ordered not to release that info, should have included that. The privacy act covers all injuries, not just rape.

That's odd. I can't see their reasoning for ordering her silence. Unless they were just embarassed about the ambush itself?? I dunno, but I can't imagine the reason being to protect those who raped her.

This administration stated they had more pictures and refused to release them. That does more harm then keeping quite about them.

Yeah, I thought they announced it before they actually saw them, and once they did see them, they had second thoughts. I couldn't imagine photos of children being raped being made public, but the main problem is that the deranged soldiers (or reservists, for mikeboyd
) who were basically given a wink and a nod by those in power, are not the only ones who need to be held accountable...yet they are the only ones who took the fall.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
reply to post by jd140

Maj Gen Taguba's internal inquiry into the abuse at Abu Ghraib, included sworn statements by 13 detainees, which, he said in the report, he found credible based on the clarity of their statements and supporting evidence provided by other witnesses.

I didn't say it didn't happen, but if there is photo evidence then that is what counts.

Alot of people have been sentanced to prison for rape based solely on word of mouth and later they are found to be innocent.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

There is a differance between being anti United States and anti Government. The flag represents The United States. It does not represent the Government.

See?! That's exactly the point I was making, when you invited me to move out of the USA. Seems we don't disagree as much as we thought...

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

We don't know that they show rape though do we?

We were only told that the pictures were worse then what was previously released. That could cover alot of things, not just rape. They didn't have to release the pictures. They could have stated what it showed.

They released just enough to let our imaginations run wild. That right there makes me wonder if they even showed rape.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I will ask these questions again.

How is this prison any different than most prisons in the US? Are prisoners not raped, abused, and tortured in our own prisons?

Could it be that what happened in Iraq evolved from our own prison system that view inmates as scums, slime bags, liars, low life no good for nothing, and many other similar terms?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

There is a differance between being anti United States and anti Government. The flag represents The United States. It does not represent the Government.

See?! That's exactly the point I was making, when you invited me to move out of the USA. Seems we don't disagree as much as we thought...

That was a comment that was supposed to have been taken as humor. Your post in reply talking about me being brainwashed and such took the humor out of it.

Besides, I wouldn't let you use my truck anyways.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Dude if your not able to differientiate that then I can't help you i'm sorry

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Agreed my friend.

There's nothing more that turns my stomach than the abuse of kids.

Rape is rape, it's terrible, but destroying those children is pure evil.

May they all die a painful death.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

That was a comment that was supposed to have been taken as humor. Your post in reply talking about me being brainwashed and such took the humor out of it.

Then make a damned laughy face after it next time, lol...it's something that really chaps my hide to be told to leave the country I was born in because I want to see it heal and recover, and be a place we can truly be proud of again. If you really don't want me to leave, then I take back my brainwashed comment...but you can see how, if somebody really felt that way, it could be taken as them being brainwashed to believe anybody who questions authority, is not a real American.

Besides, I wouldn't let you use my truck anyways.

Fine, that's fine.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

This isn't so much about adult inmates being raped, which is wrong, wrong, wrong. NOBODY should be raped but this is about the possibility of children being raped, which is what alot of the chatter involving what's really on those pics is about. If this is true, then those who had ANY hand in it, need to be put to death. I know they probably won't, but they should be. I'm a parent with young kids, and admit I am biased in my hatred for child rapists and pedophiles. I think they should all be tortured to death, so that hopefully the next sick bastard that thinks about raping a child, will think twice and maybe that will stop the cycle that it becomes...

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I personally think it's demented to WANT to see the pictures! I keep hearing people say, "I won't believe it until I see the pictures!" Do you really want to?? Why would you want to?? Doesn't that make you just as demented?? If it's involving the RAPE OF A CHILD, doesn't that make you a child molester by proxy?

WHY LOOK AT THE PICTURES????

WHY LOOK AT THE PICTURES??????????????

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Sorry, missed this reply...

A few in the government who saw the photos said they did show rape, and not just rape, but the rape of kids. Now, I realize believing anything out of those politicians mouths is hard, but WHY would they make that up?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
Sorry, missed this reply...

A few in the government who saw the photos said they did show rape, and not just rape, but the rape of kids. Now, I realize believing anything out of those politicians mouths is hard, but WHY would they make that up?

Why would they say it and then support Obama for not releasing them because it would do more harm to the troops?

If they support not releasing them for that reason then one would assume they wouldn't tell the world about it.

Besides that, they are probably held as confidential and releasing leaking info that is confidential is a federal crime. Nobody has been arrested so far. Makes me wonder if they are telling the truth or for one reason or another spreading a lie knowingly.

We will not know the truth until the pics are made public or we see someone going to trial for it.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Because the prison rapes in the US are carried out by other inmates, and most of the time not by the guards.

[edit on 5/28/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by scrubsnstuffkim

How ignorant is that? Just because the pictures are disturbing we shouldn't look at them to gather evidence right?

We would get nothing done in the world if just because something doesn't "look good" we don't mess with it.

Make you a child molester by proxy??????????????????

Are you kidding???

So I guess because you are on ATS, a site devoted to challenging the government and their secrets you are a terrorist by proxy right?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Why would they say it and then support Obama for not releasing them because it would do more harm to the troops?

If they support not releasing them for that reason then one would assume they wouldn't tell the world about it.

Well, even I agree with that. The pics should not be released, for the sake of good soldiers all across the world. But I think they had to be as up front as they could, since after they said they were gonna release them, what other reasons could they give for the sudden change of heart?

We will not know the truth until the pics are made public or we see someone going to trial for it.

Hopefully, if this is true, it will be the latter and hopefully it won't just be the little guys that go down for it. I know, wishful thinking.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by jam321

Because the prison rapes in the US are carried out by other inmates, and NOT by the guards.

Are you 100% sure that rapes in our prisons occur only between inmates? Think about it for a few minutes and google a little then post again.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

This isn't so much about adult inmates being raped, which is wrong, wrong, wrong. NOBODY should be raped but this is about the possibility of children being raped, which is what alot of the chatter involving what's really on those pics is about.

Ever hear of the US juvenile system. Plenty of abuse within that system.

Across the country, in state after state, child advocates have deplored the conditions under which young offenders are housed — conditions that include sexual and physical abuse and even deaths in restraints. The U.S. Justice Department has filed lawsuits against facilities in 11 states for supervision that is either abusive or harmfully lax and shoddy.

Still, a lack of oversight and nationally accepted standards of tracking abuse make it difficult to know exactly how many youngsters have been assaulted or neglected.

www.nospank.net...

I too have a soft heart for children and feel that the abuse of children isn't just an Abu Ghraib thing. It is happening here as well. And like you I am bias myself and want to see people who molest children punished severely.

I guess I see similarities in both places and wanted to make people aware of it. Unfortunately, I really don't see either issue ever being fully addressed. As a result, we can expect to see more of this disgusting type of behavior in the future.

I'm out. Will let you all continue the thread. Peace.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join