It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abu Ghraib abuse photos 'show rape'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
If you are going to turn on the citizens of this country to follow the orders of those who hijacked it, YOU are an enemy of the USA, and you have chosen to IGNORE your oath to defend it.

So well said I just had to put it in my signature
I hope you don't mind!

Starred!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
Who said anything about turning against its citizens? I just offered the services of my truck. You have an over reaction problem.

I didn't ask for your services, and I will not be leaving this country...but keep dreaming. So, why are YOU so upset about people speaking against child rape? That's odd, that you would turn a blind eye to something SO WRONG because it was done by fellow soldiers...

I am at Fort Riley, when you get here let me know and I will give you further directions.

Ooooh, so scary. Yeah, it's easy to talk tough to American citizens from behind a military base, huh? This is why people believe the US is becoming nazi Germany. Dissent by citizens against the corrupt government brings your hatred, but guess what? WE THE PEOPLE are YOUR bosses, or were supposed to be until this country was hijacked by corporate interests. Your "honor" is now based on how well you follow corporate orders, and your attitude proves exactly why many fear the military will not defend the people over the domestic enemies that now pull your strings.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Couldn't agree more. TPTB have mastered the ability to keep people wrapped up in their own BS, and manufactured hot button issues. It really is disheartening what has become of our country, and SO frustrating when you try and figure out a scenario in which things will turn out okay...there just isn't one that I can think of....

link   
reply to post by 27jd

You can't defend it, but the impact that those photos would make if they were leaked would be so devastating, it would not only jeopardise the Obama administration, but Americans would have to wake up to the fact that these abuses were done in their name. If you think about it, those photos could set off a chain reaction that could lead to an insurrection against the U.S. government and the status quo.

Fools rush in.

link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Don't mind at all...thanks

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

what happened is that those women who were arrested with young boys, children in cases that have been recorded. The boys were sodomized with the cameras rolling.
salon, from page 2 of this thread

all this crap about who's to blame, who's to blame, who's to blame.
this punishment, that punishment, fix this, fix that.

the photo's and videos have been floating about the halls of power for five years now and nothing has happened, a few sacrificial lambs thrown on an alter and nothing else, these things happened five years ago, they've been covered up for five years and they're still being hidden from you, this is the truth, this is the smoking gun, do you need someone to stamp it on your foreheads before you see it.

the PTB don't give a damn if you rape children in front of their mothers, they don't care if you torture, maim and kill innocent civilians, they'll protect you just so long as it suits them to do so.

their morals are dictated by the next promotion or election, other than that, they don't care.

the rabbit hole goes right to the top, one after another, the president won't release the photo's, won't name the perpitrators, won't put them on public trial, won't publicly question their superiors.

the line needs to be drawn, this has to be enough because if this isn't enough, then what is, when will it ever be enough? when it's your wife watching your child be violated? because if you stand for this, that's coming, it really is.

EDIT: for quote

[edit on 28/5/09 by pieman]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I'm not upset against speaking out against child rape. I get upset about accusations without proof. The whole innocent until proven guilty thing is something that I am proud that we Americans are able to enjoy.

I know you didn't asked, that is why I offered. The offer is still on the table.

If you feel like you are my boss then come fire me. It doesn't have to be on Fort Riley. Junction City and Manhatten border the base. You can fire me in one of those towns.

I don't assume you are scared. Why would you be, you are safely behind your keyboard. I have given you my location if you are adament about what you say then you will back it up. Come on down and give me my pink slip.

If you decline then please stop with the I'm your boss, your the enemy, keyboard commando tactics. It is very silly.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
If North Korea, Iran, or any of the "evil" nations did this. Americans would be up in arms screaming what a evil vile nation to invade a innocent country (prove it, prove they had WMDs or were in any way connected to 9/11, guess what you can't) to torture and murder it's citizens, and then to engage in absolutely shocking and vile things such as this.

But since America did it it's okay, because after all "we're the greatest nation on earth" and we support the troops.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacDonagh
You can't defend it, but the impact that those photos would make if they were leaked would be so devastating, it would not only jeopardise the Obama administration, but Americans would have to wake up to the fact that these abuses were done in their name.

I agree, I really don't see a reason for the photos to be released for public viewing, I know I don't want to see them. I also would not want to see backlash against the good soldiers that are out there, the ones that would defend their neighbors over the CEO of a bank. I know there are some left, and they have ALL the respect I can give.

If you think about it, those photos could set off a chain reaction that could lead to an insurrection against the U.S. government and the status quo.

Well, it's hard to see that as a bad thing. I have been aware that in the bowels of our "elected" government is true evil since I was pretty young...I was against the Bush admin from the start, and Obama is no better. They are just figureheads anyway.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacDonagh
You can't defend it, but the impact that those photos would make if they were leaked would be so devastating, but Americans would have to wake up to the fact that these abuses were done in their name.

That might not be a bad thing
This is not war this is business and a crusade

if a large majority of americans woke up and became anti-war maybe there would be less wars.

Sure there would be turmoil for a while, but do you know how much stronger your economy would be?

Do you know how much more freedoms would be returned to you?

It's like the economy, the bailouts didnt help.
The economy needs to crash and get back up instead of just inflating the bubble.

Many the govt. needs to crash too

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

You too, are safely behind a keyboard. You should stop trying to talk tough on the internet, you look like an immature fool. Not really sure what you're getting at with your tough talk, are you challenging me to a fist fight? Are you going to shoot me? What? Obviously, I personally as one citizen, don't have the authority to fire you, nor am I going to leave my family and travel to get in a fight with some poor brainwashed fool who doesn't understand the oath he took. You obviously have some insecurities and need to prove your toughness, which is probably why you joined the military to begin with. Have fun with that, tough guy.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MacDonagh

I fear it would not lead to a popular revolt.

I fear that partisan politics would come into play.

It would turn into a Democrats Vs. Republican media circus and Bush would be ultimately blamed. There would be trials and it would make the circus around OJ and Monica Lewinksy look like small town carnivals.

Those who are ultimately responsible would escape prosecution and justice would not be served even to those convicted.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
reply to post by jd140

You too, are safely behind a keyboard. You should stop trying to talk tough on the internet, you look like an immature fool. Not really sure what you're getting at with your tough talk, are you challenging me to a fist fight? Are you going to shoot me? What? Obviously, I personally as one citizen, don't have the authority to fire you, nor am I going to leave my family and travel to get in a fight with some poor brainwashed fool who doesn't understand the oath he took. You obviously have some insecurities and need to prove your toughness, which is probably why you joined the military to begin with. Have fun with that, tough guy.

I haven't said one thing that sounded remotely tough. I'm not going to fight you or shoot you. I wanted to see if you had the stones to confront what you precieve to be the problem. As you see me as part of the problem I gave you the oppurtunity, but fear held you back. I'm sure its held you down most of your life. You took an offer of use of my truck as me trying to make you move. You have been on the attack ever since. I simply gave you an outlet to make good on your words.

I knew you wasn't going to come down here. The reason I told you where I lived is because I figured you to be a talker, not a doer.

I was right.

You assume that I am brainwashed and I don't understand my oath all because I want proof of an accusation. I don't take an article that states something as proof of anything. If it happened then they need to be punished and I will be the first to condemn what they did, if it didn't happen then people like you should shut your mouths.

I want proof first.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Ah, okay...fear is holding me back. I wonder what led you to that assumption...guess it's just that you're so tough, all other humans should have a natural fear of you. While that's probably the case, it's actually common sense, a little maturity, and being too strapped for cash (thanks to your masters) to even go on a family vacation this year, much less a personal trip to confront "the problem". Anyway, all your toughness and scariness aside, I agree about proof, but there is already ample proof of what occured at Abu Ghraib, so your call for proof has already been answered. If you want to see pictures of little boys being raped, well...

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I thought this would be an excellent quote

As important is that America must become and remain transparent. One of the problems of democracy is that it does not see all means as acceptable. Once you start to create a culture of censorship, it goes into other areas.

Our rule must be to respect our values. Not just the First Amendment but values of dignity and freedom. Otherwise we cannot hope to attain the democracy we still talk about - the "City on the Hill" is becoming a vanishing illusion that, in truth, may really only have been a dream unrealized.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

reply to post by 27jd

27jd, this jd140 guy doesn't really have anything intelligent to say
I haven't read anything intelligent in any of his posts here so far
He's not even saying anything

I think you are arguing with a brick wall

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
I think you are arguing with a brick wall

Probably so, that's the curse of being an Aries I guess, I will argue with a brick wall all day long, lol....

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
How about that tired quote from U.S. Major General Antonio Taguba...

"Releasing the photos will imperil the troops"

Lol. Like being in a country that you have no business in, that doesn't want you there in the first place doesn't imperil the troops to an even greater degree than the photos taken by a handful of chuckleheads who have yet to evolve?

No one gets fired, patsies get sent to jail, we all know the drill. Move along, nothing to see here.

Enough with these bogus bush wars, please...

2009 years in our common era of history, with the last 100 being quite violent and we still think killing people stops people from killing people. Two wrongs don't make a what? Exactly....

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Don't recall acting tough at all. I have not attacked you in anyway. I gave you the oppurtunity to act on your words. I expect people to back what they say.

If you can show me where I have posted a tough guy post then please show me. If you want I can point you to a few of your own.

I don't personally want to see these pictures, but if they exist then the soldiers in them need to be put on trial and the pictures shown to the jury. There is proof of torture at Abu Grabi. Pictures showing such has put away people that called themselves soldiers. It happened and we saw the proof. I have not seen any proof of this allegation. So I reserve my judgement.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Yes I'm not intelligent, I guess when someone doesn't agree with you that would meant they aren't as smart as you hmm.

Listing someone as Foe( as you did me a few minutes ago) means that person is a worthy advesary. It is a compliment, not an insult.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
Yes I'm not intelligent, I guess when someone doesn't agree with you that would meant they aren't as smart as you hmm.

I didn't say YOU were not intelligent
I just said I havent' read anything intelligent you have to say in this thread
all I heard was tough guy talk behind a keyboard and monitor

I didn't say you are dumb, let's just say you are blindly gung-ho

EDIT: And I only put you as a foe so when in the future I go into another thread, I know what to expect from a particular member.

I don't use it as an ignore, I don't use ignore, I use it as a warning TO ME

[edit on 28-5-2009 by ModernAcademia]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join