It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abu Ghraib abuse photos 'show rape'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Those who broke the law in the first Abu Grahbi incident were rightfully convicted. They are a shame to the uniform.

If there are photos of other soldiers doing this then they need to be treated as criminals. They do not deserve to wear the uniform.

You are an insignificant grain of sand, as I said earlier.

I don't care what your opinion is, just like you don't care about mine. I like to see evidence of a crime before I determine guilt. I don't assume guilt over a news article.

Nice to see you are easly influenced though.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Who's agenda?

Military

For either torture purposes, interrogation techniques or for god knows what
It's been happening too long and allowed for too long
it was agenda
an demonic agenda
it's hell on earth for some people

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
I like to see evidence of a crime before I determine guilt. I don't assume guilt over a news article.

Then how about you take a read on what Obama said
He said there are pictures
members of the white house said they can't even describe what's in the pictures because it's so gruesome

any other questions?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Who's agenda?

Military

So you are saying anyone in the military has a "rape agenda"?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

So you are saying anyone in the military has a "rape agenda"?

No I mean the people who did this in Abu Ghraib did it because of an agenda.

Who's agenda?
Well who knows how far the rabbit hole goes
But the military involved in this and the people above them involved in it

Not the entire military of course not
But you already knew I meant that right?

[edit on 28-5-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

That's pretty vague. Got anything to back that up with?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Just logic I do apologize.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Yeah, I have two more questions.

Can you show me proof of rape?

Are you usually this easy to influence?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
= / Sickening as it is, it was all part of the abuse that happened in Abu Gharaib. The more extreme abuse that took place wasn't released for a good reason because it'd become a sad repeat of the persecution that Vietnam vets suffered because of the acts of trigger happy monsters, not to mention the fools who'd get riled up by such photos, such as your typical enraged Muslim fundie.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

If there is any agenda it is demonic.

The whole thing makes no sense, the documentation, those involved and even the punishments were mild for the few who were punished.

Even if the pictures were used for Psyops or to interrogate other prisoners it makes no sense. The whole thing is insane.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
The ones here pissing and moaning about how bad the US millitary is should do themselves a favor and find a nice country to go to.

I'm so incredibly SICK of seeing and hearing this crap. How about YOU go to another country? Maybe one where there is no freedom to disagree with the actions of the government so you won't have to be so upset, there are PLENTY of them out there. Shop around. You have no more right to be in this country than anybody else who lives here, regardless whether you served in the military or not.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Are there still people here on ATS that will say that they support the troops?

I do because I believe that 99.9 % of the military are not the rapists or problematic people you paint them out to be. What happened at Abu Ghraib is disgusting and those responsible should be punished.

However, how is this prison any different than most prisons in the US? Are prisoners not raped and tortured in our own prisons?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Can't do that.

If the military and its supporters moved to a differant country it would seem like an invasion. You guys would be better accepted then we would.

Need help moving? I have a truck.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
1. Somebody says, "What we did wasn't so bad."
2. Photos of the bad things our people "didn't do" are released.
3. Little to nothing happens in response.
4. Worse photos are released.
5. Little to nothing happens in response.
6. Repeat steps 4 & 5 until something happens in response.

Some of the worst things that happened you don't know about, okay? Videos, um, there are women there. Some of you may have read that they were passing letters out, communications out to their men. This is at Abu Ghraib ... The women were passing messages out saying “Please come and kill me, because of what's happened” and basically what happened is that those women who were arrested with young boys, children in cases that have been recorded. The boys were sodomized with the cameras rolling. And the worst above all of that is the soundtrack of the boys shrieking that your government has. They are in total terror. It's going to come out.

www.salon.com...

You know there's one thing I don't understand

Where are the real americans?
I see so many saying "You don't like it get out" or "I support our troops to the end".

Where are the real americans saying: "This is NOT what the America I grew up in stood for".

What's going on here?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by MacDonagh
not to mention the fools who'd get riled up by such photos, such as your typical enraged Muslim fundie.

If the evidence so many are demanding to see pops up, I would say it's not just "fools" and "muslim fundies" who will get riled up. How the HELL can anybody at all defend what went on at Abu Ghraib? Child rapists should be PUT TO DEATH in the most INHUMANE manner possible. Soldier or not.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Good thing you live in Canada now huh?

I take it you won't be back, right? Do you have an answer to the questions I asked you or are you just going to skip over that paticular post?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

You would need ALOT more than a truck to remove me from MY country. You are nothing more than a slave, as Kurtz said on Apocolypse Now, you're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks to collect a bill. If you are going to turn on the citizens of this country to follow the orders of those who hijacked it, YOU are an enemy of the USA, and you have chosen to IGNORE your oath to defend it.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
There are always going to be bad apples in armies. Many troops have their own children and would stop this. You also have to remember that the army recruited a lot of felons and psychopathic people because they wanted to meet requirements. Put sociopathic psychopaths in war and they will do bad things.

It's these psychopaths who should be held responsible for this if it's proven true.
They are giving the American military a bad name and driving their reputation into the ground.
Kind of makes you wonder who is responsible for this change in Policy in allowing these cretins in.
I think they would be just as guilty. IMO

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

You would need ALOT more than a truck to remove me from MY country. You are nothing more than a slave, as Kurtz said on Apocolypse Now, you're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks to collect a bill. If you are going to turn on the citizens of this country to follow the orders of those who hijacked it, YOU are an enemy of the USA, and you have chosen to IGNORE your oath to defend it.

Who said anything about turning against its citizens? I just offered the services of my truck. You have an over reaction problem.

I don't care what you think about me, I do my job and sleep well at night. You see me as the enemy, then come and get me. I am at Fort Riley, when you get here let me know and I will give you further directions.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Where are the "Real Americans"?

Busy watching American Idol, Dancing With the Stars and currently Basketball.

Busy drowning their lives away in a media shaped bubble of delusion and ignorance.

Busy worrying about crap that ultimately doesn't really matter:

Appeasing their spoilt brat kids with Spongebob and Hannah Montana crap.

Obsessed on both sides about partisan political nonsense like gay marriage, climate change, and abortion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join