It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple: County Trying To Stop Home Bible Studies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Couple: County Trying To Stop Home Bible Studies

www.10news.com

SAN DIEGO -- A local pastor and his wife claim they were interrogated by a San Diego County official, who then threatened them with escalating fines if they continued to hold bible studies in their home, 10News reported.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I can't figure out how to pick where you're posting a topic so I'm not sure where this belongs or if it has already been posted. Please move or delete if need be.

This story is self explainatory so I won't go on a rant, however it is very disturbing to me. I just wanted to put it out here for y'all to see.

www.10news.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Before I read the article, I thought the problem would be that the Pastor was trying to cram too many people into his house. Then I read the article and saw that there was only fifteen people. What's the problem? Are they going after the first amendment, too? I am not an Xtian, but I will say that they have the right to get together.

The time is a coming...

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I can't believe this is happening in America. This is an attack on christianity by the far left wing government that wants a secular society and deny people to right to freely practice their religion.

How dare they tell someone that they can't have bible study in their own home. They would not have the nerve to do this to someone studying the Koran or the Torah so they go after the easy target, the christians.

I would think that this couple will win their case againt the county since this is clearly a violation of their constitutional rights although that doesn't seem to matter as much these days.

top topics

join