It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left Out of D-Day Events, Queen Elizabeth Is Fuming

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
She should show up with a bunch of UK and Commonwealth veterans and and have thier own ceremony at sword, juno, and gold beaches.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
What a stupid mistake.

It's not about the Queen not being invited, it's like not showing the respect those brits earned on D-day. I was at the 60th anniversary celebration and it was inspiring, but this is a damned shame. If they don't go then neither will I.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStormCrow
She should show up with a bunch of UK and Commonwealth veterans and and have thier own ceremony at sword, juno, and gold beaches.

They could cross the channel in boats to get there. The French sure are funny.

A few years back one of the aging American Veterans at the 50th Anniversary celebration got in to a brew-ha-ha with French Customs when they demanded to see his Passport and search his bags.

He refused and said "Passport, since when do you need a Passport to get into France?" The French Custom's Official said "Oh, it's always been that way".

The American Vet replied "That's funny the last time I came to France I landed on Omaha Beach and there wasn't a damn French Man to be seen anywhere to ask for my Passport that time!"

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheEndofEvolution
What a stupid mistake.

It's not about the Queen not being invited, it's like not showing the respect those brits earned on D-day. I was at the 60th anniversary celebration and it was inspiring, but this is a damned shame. If they don't go then neither will I.

The French can be a bit daft. I once had a French Woman tell me that she felt no gratitude towards America for helping save their nation in World War I and World War II as we were only looking to make sure we got paid back for all the amunition we had sold them on credit!

I have to admitt the Germans are way less obnoxious!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Seems to me if any head of state was going to be invited Queen Elizabeth should have been at the top of the list.

[edit on 5/28/2009 by DarkStormCrow]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
She is still the Head of State of 52 countries.

Show some respect.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkStormCrow

Wow she really fills out that uniform! What a looker. Great pictures!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
She is still the Head of State of 52 countries.

Show some respect.

And coincidentally the richest woman in the world.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join