It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wal Mart

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
My girlfriend owns a daycare so you can imagine how many groceries we buy on a weekly basis. We go to the local Super Wal-Mart every Saturday morning at 6am in order to avoid the crowds.
We bring our own over sized "bags" which are about twice as large as regular ones. These bags are thick nylon and very durable and we use them in order to do our part to not waste.
Every time we go to checkout, the cashier either groans or just refuses to help with bagging. I thought we were doing a good thing by not wasting all those plastic bags but apparently Wal Mart disagrees?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

Weird cos at Asda (wal-mart) in the UK, I always take re-cyclable bags and they really encourage it here.
Just ignore the cashiers where you are--at least you're helping the planet in a small way.
You're right----they're wrong.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

I don't see why the cashier doesn't help. Maybe you should find another grocery store to do your shopping. I don't like the store so I never shop there.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
The cashiers are lazy and they dont want to do any job. So, it is a sign of their unwillingness to work. If there is another counter open, just go to that. Or if all counters are like that take the privilege of being slow and taking time for packing and block the people standing in line behind you. Then as the line of people builds up and their tempers build up, the cashier will automatically offer you a hand.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

Remember theres a reason why their employed by Walmart..... they don't really hire the cream of the crop customer service people, even their customer service people are crap.

I bought a keyboard (for a gift) from the store, realized it was the wrong one, went directly to customer service to return it, I wasn't given a receipt.

They had the audacity to tell me that their story didn't carry that type of keyboard. I was shocked and pissed!

After a long while, and eventually a Girl with TandA. I managed to get it returned with the ability to trade it in for another keyboard of equal value, in the end I donated it to a woman I never met.

100 dollars down the drain, but at least the woman I donated it to was gratefull and is probably playing on it right now.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
My husband and I went to Walmart last summer to buy a BBQ that was on sale in their flyer. It seems they were out of stock so we looked around for a sales agent to see if we could get a raincheck or find one at another store. It took forever to even find someone and when we did he was unwilling to even look on the computer to see where one might be in stock, or to find out if we could get a raincheck or if anymore were even coming in. He spent the whole conversation trying to escape and finally ended it with "Hey I only make minimum wage" as some kind of an explaination as to why he couldn't do a thing for us. Needless to say, we bought a BBQ elsewhere. We thought of complaining but after standing in the cutomer service line for 15 minutes we gave up.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The real way to complain is to simply look on the customer service wall for the manager's name and the regional manager's name. Contact them directly (state it's a store to store call, or use an actual letter). Complaints in writing often carry more weight.

As for the lack of service, that's industry-wide in all grocery stores and large retail stores. Seems that today's service folks just aren't either trained, or refuse to accept, the importance of customer service. That's why I try to support small businesses whenever possible. (and if they fail to deliver service, I have no problem letting them know that service is their only asset in combatting such large entities)....

As for someone not helping you, find someone else the moment you can tell he's looking to get out (and remember the person's name and what department they were in). A good tip in Wal-Marts is to check the manned counters such as Electronics, Sporting Goods, Hardware, to get someone to help. (they may not be able to help directly, but they'll usually call someone they know will actually help)...

I don't look to get folks fired, but if I give them a shot at fixing it, and they then screw it up, my conscience is then clear....as I inform management (or higher)

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
It is more than likely that the manager of Walmart is also a high school drop out. Most of the people hired by the big box chains are not the best as the incentives to hire good workers is not there. Why would I work for minimum wage at Walmart when I can find a higher paying job at a unionized grocer? Walmart offers no health care or other benefits to its employees as all of them are considered part time.

For anything electronic, I go to Best Buy. The workers make a commission on the sales and are great at kissing up.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
walmart sucks

i go to heb

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Wal-Mart is a terrible store. I try not to go there if I can help it, unfortunatly there are times that I end up having to shop there.

I recall one time when I was in line to check out. Each line was huge. about 15-20 people in each line. So I got in one. After about 20 minutes of waiting and getting only half way through the line (this was such a slow cashier!!!) the lady decided to go on her lunch break. She just left.

I would have thought that she would close her lane and attend to the rest of the people in her line before whe went on break, but she just closed the register and left with a good 10 or so people standing there waiting....

Some one in line saw the manager walking by and waved him over in hopes of getting some one to check the rest of us out, but he was just as careless as the cashier and did not get anyone to help. We all had to go get in a different line and wait yet again!

Ugh, I wanted to just leave and not buy anything but at that time I really needed it and Wal-mart had the best deal....

I hate shopping at Wal-Mart because I always leave with a feeling similar to that of selling ones soul to the devil....

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
You get what you pay for.

I try my best to avoid Wally World, however there are times when I have to go.
When I say I "HAVE" to, I mean I go for pet food. They are by far, the cheapest, and also very close to me.

But, If I am looking for anything resembling customer service, I go elsewhere.
I can't remember anytime that a Wal-mart employee ask me the following question: Can I help you?

However..I think your issue with the bags is not a company wide thing, and more related to that particular store. A complaint to upper management is probably the best route. Even Wal-mart would like to avoid the label of being unfriendly to the Green Crowd.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Wally world has always been a strange bird,at least you are trying to help rather than hinder.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
WalMart is definetly once of my favorite stores to shop in. But the people are definetly rude. If theres one thing I cant stand, its rude people.

Miserable with there own jobs so they have to take it out on everyone else.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I would go to the manager, he can't refuse if it's his job. Most store chains, including Walmart, are encouraging this because it sames them a nickel or two on ordering bags. I would tell the manager I would leave everything, and lose your business unless this employee or some other employee willing to do his or her job. If the manager refuses, simply call the coporate number, it is funny how high they jump when they get that nasty call from corporate.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Walmart managers may or may not be high school dropouts, but at high-volume stores, they are easily pulling down over 100 grand a year or more, so you can bet your butt they want to keep that job. Most of the time, it's easier (and quicker) for them to simply solve your issue, than it is for them to give you a hard time...and have to deal with district disapprovals....

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
This is the reason that God invented refried beans eggs and onions. Have yourself a heaping helping of the above and see how fast the cashier will be willing to help you out when you start to "deflate".

Mu hu ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

top topics

join