It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Do You Avoid Hitting Stars at Warp 5? A Pulsar Positioning System

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Firstly you have sensors that are able to perform to a standard we can't even comprehend that are able to "look" several light years ahead of the vessel and make the minute changes to the craft's course to avoid the larger (more than 10kg) objects, secondly you have a deflector array to take care of the smaller (less than 10kg) objects.

[edit on 28-5-2009 by Retseh]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Zykloner

This is great, navigation for FTL travel has always been nearly as big an issue as the travel mode itself. I see a major flaw though, and likely why this isn't being covered more:

While the craft is traveling at superluminal speeds this device will only be sending radio signals at c (lightspeed) so you will get to the star WAY before the radio signal does, thus making it impractical because you will already have hit the star 200 years before the radio signal gets there! Now if they can use this signal in some type quantum gravity radio (allowing instant transmission) then we will have something here.

[edit on 5/28/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
It might not matter anyways if the answer to FTL lays within extradimensional space, likely the objects in real space wouldn't exist in the extra dimensional space, so there would be nothing to avoid. LOL, unless it is like Star Wars and there is "mass shadows" in "hyperspace"..

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
It looks like the NWO is already in plans to TRACK US IN THE FUTURE!!

We'll be tracked throughout the entire galaxy!

Probably with chips implanted in our ships!!!

They'll make the GPS malfunction and we'll run into stars when they want to make us "go away"!!!

ARRRRGGGHGHHH!!!! Will the NWO ever cease?!!?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Illuminatus I

Of course, that is the reason behind the technology.
It became so obvious once i read it.

-Zyk

top topics

<< 1   >>

join