It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SIBEL EDMONDS: Announcing 'Project Expose MSM'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Starred and flagged, I definately support the cause. Its so long overdue its not even funny. No one educates themselves so they sit at home on their couch drinking a beer and being dumb.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGhost
Sounds like a great idea. I'm interested to see what stories/cover-ups she unveils.

Well I believe there are already two stories included if you visit the links.

And seriously you might take a look at the National Security Whistleblowers Ask Obama for Protection thread. I put some work into that which was not included in the original source.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Here's her first report:

www.bradblog.com...-7200

Newsweek/Isikoff

At the time, I didn't know who Mr. Isikoff's editor was; I still don't. Did this editor have anything to do with the 'flavor' and apparent angle/agenda given to this story? Did he have any role in sanitizing and/or removing the well-known and highly relevant cases and related witnesses, documents, facts, and investigations from a story that was focused on the FBI Translation Division, but which failed to detail well-known, and well-detailed allegations that ran contrary to the FBI's published point of view? Was it an editorialdecision at Newsweek to black-out all the current (at the time) and established related facts and information from this 1,900 word, three-page story solely focused on the FBI Translation Division? I don't know the answer. However, I know the following facts:

* The DOJ invocation of the State Secrets Privilege (SSP) by Attorney General John Ashcroft in my case --- the first case of SSP use/abuse by the Bush Administration --- was never reported by Newsweek at all. It's unlikely that was because it was not 'newsworthy', since most major publications, including the television news networks, deemed it important enough to at least report.

* The DOJ's Retroactive Classification of Congressional investigations, reports, and statements, which was considered by Senator Grassley to be 'gagging the Congress,' was never reported by Newsweek.

* The closure [PDF] of the (Federal District Court) session to all reporters and the public during the appeal hearing of my case, where I was represented by the ACLU, was also never reported, or mentioned, by Newsweek. That, despite the fact that a large group of both MSM and alternative media groups had joined in filing a motion challenging the ban on courtroom coverage.

* The release of the IG report vindicating the core claims of my case was similarly never covered by Newsweek.

* The security breach and possible espionage confirmed by the Senate investigation was never mentioned by Newsweek, even though they certainly seem to have known about it, as they 'borrowed' their article title from a segment aired by CBS-60 Minutes ('Lost in Translation'), which covered the espionage angle of my case in detail.

[edit on 3/6/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I have the link on my desk top. It's one I will check often. Stared and flagged, thanks!

Zindo

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Oh Dear Sibel:

Here we have another story that catches the PTB at Fox News, and their scummy lawyers doing what they do best- putting the almighty dollar before the needs of public disclosure.

Monsanto & Cancer Milk: FOX NEWS KILLS STORY & FIRES Reporters.

An infuriating tale from the inside on what really happened when two reporters uncover the truth about dangerous drugs being present in the country's milk supply, and the resulting coverup and ultimate termination of the reporters when they refuse to be bribed by FOX.

It's heroes like you that ought to be the owners of news organizations. Not this scum.

[edit on Thu Jun 4th 2009 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
'Project Expose MSM' Report #2

Major DEA Scandal & Time Magazine

This second project report is based on the first-hand documented experience of Mr. Sandalio Gonzalez, retired Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) Special Agent in Charge. Time Magazine reporters Tim Burger and Tim Padgett had an opportunity to speak at length with Mr. Gonzalez and several other veteran DEA agents with direct knowledge of a major corruption case involving several DEA agents on drug traffickers’ payrolls in Colombia.

The involved corrupt US officers were also directly involved in helping Colombia's paramilitary death squads launder drug proceeds. Further presented was the documented cover up of this major scandal by the DEA and DOJ IG offices. Despite corroboration by a number of other sources, including several veteran DEA agents and other government officials with first-hand knowledge of the case, and documented evidence disclosed and provided, and despite being given an ‘exclusive’ to the story as insisted on by them, Time Magazine never published the story, and no reasons were ever provided.

Here are the major points covered by Mr. Kent in the memo:

* Several DEA agents in Colombia are in fact on drug traffickers' payrolls.

* Some of these corrupt US officers are directly involved in helping Colombia's paramilitary death squads launder drug proceeds.

* The implicated agents have been protected by "watchdog" agencies within the Justice Department.

Here is an excerpt from Mr. Kent’s Memo:

“As discussed in my (prior) memorandum dated December 13, 2004, several unrelated investigations, including Operation Snowplow, identified corrupt agents within DEA. As further discussed in my memorandum, OPR's handling of the investigations into those allegations has come into question and the OIG investigator who was actively looking into the allegations has been removed from the investigation.”

And here is another regarding other agents and witnesses who had come forward:

“As promised, I am providing you with further information on the allegations and evidence that is already in files at OPR and OIG. Agents I know were able to vouch for my credibility and several individuals close to the prior investigations that uncovered corruption agreed to speak with me…Having been failed by so many before and facing tremendous risks to their careers and their safety and the safety of their families, they were understandably hesitant to reveal the information I requested, including the names of those directly involved in criminal activity in Bogotá and the United States. They agreed to reveal the names to me on the condition that I not further disseminate these for the time being. They are prepared to provide the Public Integrity Section with those names and everything in the files at OPR and OIG, and then some, if called upon to do so”.

According to the report, one of the corrupt agents from Bogotá was actually caught on a wiretap in 2004 while he was discussing criminal activity related to the paramilitary group called the United Self-Defense Forces of Colombia (AUC). The group is known to be involved in narco-trafficking and arms dealing at the highest levels, and has been involved in death squads responsible for murdering thousands of Colombians. Kent reports that during the wiretap, this DEA agent discusses his involvement in laundering money for the AUC. However, despite being caught on tape the agent faced no reprimand. Just the opposite, according to Kent, the agent was promoted: "That call has been documented by the DEA and that agent is now in charge of numerous narcotics and money laundering investigations."

The memo also alleged that DOJ officials shut down a money laundering investigation because they knew it was connected to the DEA corruption case in Bogotá:

VISIT LINK FOR DETAILS

Promoting the corrupt, by the corrupt. 9/11, anyone? Commit the crimes, do no time, and make it to first in line! :shk:

[edit on Sat Jun 13th 2009 by TrueAmerican]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join