It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"North Korea is a threat to the world" = Propaganda!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by dotcom
Communism, in reality, has only ever been a threat to big business.
And the west is dominated by big business, which makes you think about the fact that the leader of the free world, technically, isnt even free, as he works for the corporations.

Perfect example of western propaganda.

Whether you like it or not, history is on our side. We will bury you!

Nikita Khrushchev

[edit on 3-7-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Dont forget that defeating the communist regime was not only done through war.
other covert means where used to destroy the regime.

Oh, trust me, I'm WELL aware of that!

also if you look through history, you will see that most of the worlds top athletes, writers, thinkers where russian. (how did such a dictated, impoverished country produce such world class individuals?)

Throughout history? The Soviet Union only existed for 70-odd years of that.
Most? Where's the stats on that?

Reminds me of an old cold war joke that was immortalized, albeit slightly changed, in one of the Star Trek movies:

"You should read Shakespeare in the original RUSSIAN!"

Yes, it really went the round back then.

I also wonder that if the communist government were so dispised by its people (who lived in complete filth n poverty) why didnt they revolt and overthrow the government? we all know the quote 'the people have the power'. (and dont forget, the military are people to)

They did. Are you old enough to have been alive in 1989?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Communism, in reality, has only ever been a threat to big business.
And the west is dominated by big business, which makes you think about the fact that the leader of the free world, technically, isnt even free, as he works for the corporations.

I'm sorry I'm old enough to remember communist tanks running over women in Czechoslovakia, and Romania on the news. Dont let modern ant-American Views cload the real history behind communism.

It was a very real threat. Just ask older East Germans. Or anybody who got caught behind the Iron Curtain.

what do you think was the purpose of a news report like that?
'Look at these communists. Complete disregard for human life, they are truly evil' etc etc

(please note that i am not saying that the USSR were the 'good guys', im merely trying to show how propaganda is used to influence peoples perceptions)

So information is a BAD thing?

Also the media during that time presented very bias viewpoints.

Unlike now, right? (wink wink, nudge nudge)

What has information being a bad thing got anyhting to do with this?

and just so you know, most of the media companies are privately owned. therefore they could technically report on anything they like, it doesnt neceasrily have to be true or unbias.

And when did i say that bias viewpoints are not present today?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Those 'evil' communists
complete disregard for human life!

See that's your problem You "ASSUME" too much.

When did I say they were "evil"

He probably meant me. I'll say it again. Communists are EVIL. Didn't get that view from the nightly news either.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Wow, although they didnt have a problem for 70-odd years?

Ok, i admit i have made a mistake Throughout MODERN history.
i dont get what the point of this is? hold old are you?

[edit on 3-7-2009 by dotcom]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Ok, so you think that all these small nations planned to start a war, hoping they can defeat the greatest empire the world has ever known?
Which has the most money and greatest military on the planet?

Nice blanket statement there, but it left my toes sticking out - like from the knees down - when you tried to cover me up with it.

Do you have a concept of "alliances", "requests for assistance", or "treaties"?

Or are you part of the "me" generation?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   

export of their assets yeah? like what.

Nice to know you're aware that Communist countries can't stand on their own, or have anything to bring to the table in international trade.

There might be hope for you yet.

How'd they pay off those loans, then? What kind of bank would make loans that they know can't be repaid?

Oh yeah, that's right. The likes of Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac, Citi, Bank of America, etc.

It's good they had a little money left over from funding all the world's wars so they could make a couple of housing loans to crash the US economy too.

How do you suppose they plan to stay rich by giving all their money away on loans that can't be repaid, to countries that have no assets to offer in the way of collateral?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

What has information being a bad thing got anyhting to do with this?

Answer (in your own words):

what do you think was the purpose of a news report like that?
'Look at these communists. Complete disregard for human life, they are truly evil' etc etc

and just so you know, most of the media companies are privately owned. therefore they could technically report on anything they like, it doesnt neceasrily have to be true or unbias.

Unlike state-owned media, right?

[edit on 2009/7/3 by nenothtu]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Wow, although they didnt have a problem for 70-odd years?

Nope. They just woke up one morning in '89 and the conversation went like this:

"what do you want to do today, Boris?"

"I dunno, what do YOU want to do, Ivan?"

"I dunno. Why don't we just have a revolution to get rid of communism from the motherland?"

Ok, i admit i have made a mistake Throughout MODERN history.
i dont get what the point of this is? hold old are you?

[edit on 3-7-2009 by dotcom]

So now the story is that MOST of the athletes, thinkers, and writers were the product of the Soviet Union, rather than Russia "throughout history"?

The point is that I still haven't seen the stats to back up the claim that MOST of the greatest Athletes, thinkers, and writers were products of Russia, Soviet or not.

I'm old enough to know better, and too young to resist. Bringing war to your local theaters since 1979.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Korean war - The Korean War was a conflict between the United States and its United Nations allies and the communist powers of the Soviet Union
36,516 dead americans

Oh for God's sake. Do some freakin research. Yeah.... the US caused the Communist regime in NK to invade the South. That was totally our fault. It was ALL A BIG PLOY so we could go over and fight a gigantic war to retake the South Korean area......

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Ok, so you think that all these small nations planned to start a war, hoping they can defeat the greatest empire the world has ever known?

Nice blanket statement there, but it left my toes sticking out - like from the knees down - when you tried to cover me up with it.

Okay so lets say NK and China declare war on the united sates.
Do you think they would have a chance against the American empire and all her allies?
Add Russia into the equation.
Do those three powers have a chance against the American empire and all her allies?

It would be idiotic to even think that they do.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Do you think they would have a chance against the American empire and all her allies?
Do those three powers have a chance against the American empire and all her allies?

Ok, let's say frogs have wings.
Do you think they'd bump their fannies on the ground?

How do either of those statements apply to the post you quoted?

Do you mean to say that if NK and China declared war on the US, the US "caused" it? It's been pretty well established that North Korea invaded South Korea, which in my mind "caused" the Korean war, and North Vietnam attacked South Vietnam, which "caused" the Vietnam war.

"Alliances", "Requests for assistance", and "treaties" brought the US into them, not the US "causing" them.

How does your hypothetical situation apply to that again? I seem to have lost track of your train of thought.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   

So now the story is that MOST of the athletes, thinkers, and writers were the product of the Soviet Union, rather than Russia "throughout history"?

The point is that I still haven't seen the stats to back up the claim that MOST of the greatest Athletes, thinkers, and writers were products of Russia, Soviet or not.

I'm old enough to know better, and too young to resist. Bringing war to your local theaters since 1979.

Ahh yess, another arrogant American who thinks that Americans are the best at everything.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Do you mean to say that if NK and China declared war on the US, the US "caused" it? It's been pretty well established that North Korea invaded South Korea, which in my mind "caused" the Korean war, and North Vietnam attacked South Vietnam, which "caused" the Vietnam war.

"Alliances", "Requests for assistance", and "treaties" brought the US into them, not the US "causing" them.

How does your hypothetical situation apply to that again? I seem to have lost track of your train of thought.

This has got nothing to do with the Korean war.
You dont know how it applies?
Son, its best not to get involved in grown up talk ok.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Ahh yess, another arrogant American who thinks that Americans are the best at everything.

Yup, you got me pegged!

Where was it I mentioned America in reference to this quote again? Has someone told you Shakespeare was an American?

They were just playing with you if they did. They didn't really mean it.

And STILL no stats to back up your claims of Soviet superiority.

When unable to defend your position with fact, just fling excrement. Works for monkeys.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   

This has got nothing to do with the Korean war.
You dont know how it applies?
Son, its best not to get involved in grown up talk ok.

Ok, gramps.

You've sucessfully lost me in the dark recesses of your mind looking for connections, with your twists, tangents, and non-sequiters, so I'm off to bed.

Catch ya another day, and don't forget to dry behind your ears.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Over the past few hours we have bin discussing various countries, and im starting to question, whether any of the Americans here would be able to locate these countries if presented with a map as recent studies have shown that 20% Americans cant even locate the U.S. on a map.

Knowing my luck, i have all the idiots in this thread.

And here is my source:

www.youtube.com...

(before you all go whinging about facts)

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Over the past few hours we have bin discussing various countries, and im starting to question, whether any of the Americans here would be able to locate these countries if presented with a map as recent studies have shown that 20% Americans cant even locate the U.S. on a map.

Knowing my luck, i have all the idiots in this thread.

And here is my source:

www.youtube.com...

(before you all go whinging about facts)

Same response as the edit to my post two posts above, referencing your tactics, re: simian defense of untenable positions.

An attack on my geographic knowledge, which I am quite confident would eat yours alive, has nothing to do with any of the topics at hand.

Oh, and just so you'll know, I never ran for Miss Teen South Carolina, and that further distances your argument from the topical realm of relevance. Your arguments are beginning to be irrelevant even to irrelevancy. Good job, but EPIC fail.

Night.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I fail to understand why the southkoreans and the entire world give so much coverage to a small missile program of north, \\after all its their right to defend themselves and they are simply doing that

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Edwards
I fail to understand why the southkoreans and the entire world give so much coverage to a small missile program of north, \\after all its their right to defend themselves and they are simply doing that

See that's just it...

They do have a very real right to defend themselves. Nobody is arguing against that fact. But every other day they make statements that threaten their neighbors with war unless something they want is provided.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join