It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

"North Korea is a threat to the world" = Propaganda!

page: 2
4
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch
reply to post by Dermo
 



North Korea would easily be wiped out by China or Russia should they ACTUALLY become volatile enough to be a destabilizing force in the region.


Interesting. Why would you assume that China or Russia would intervene?

It appears that both countries have been supplying NK with what they need to do their nucs and launches. Why would China and Russia want NK to back off?

China and Russia, esp. China appears to be encouraging NK to do their dirty work!


I totally agree and I think (only opinion) that North Korea is being used as a pawn by Russia and China against the US.




posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by BaronVonGodzilla
 





I totally agree and I think (only opinion) that North Korea is being used as a pawn by Russia and China against the US.


I agree totally, in fact I wonder if those nucs that supposedly NK are setting off underground aren't Chinese. Why wouldn't the Chinese brothers do some of their nuc testing in NK just to test the mettle of the rest of the world?? I don't give the NK much credit, after all they can't grow enough food, how do they manage to be incredible nuclear scientists? Perhaps with some help (or a lot of help) from China?? Well, da, maybe?



posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Meh, I think north Korea poses a threat to the region, and eventually the world. I tend to believe that North Korea is a diversion to keep us paranoid and looking in one direction while something sinister sneaks behind us.



posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
NK may not be a world threat(yet)but they are certainly the ones making the war cries on a daily basis.Or is all those"act of war"decrees propoganda as well?



posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Where do people get the idea that China and Russia are teaming up against the U.S? Incase anyone havnt noticed, Russia is NOT a communist country anymore.



Originally posted by lucid eyes
North Korea threatens South Korea with Nuclear Attacks. It starves its own people, forbids them to travel freely, dress freely, use the Internet freely.

And the U.S. are the "bad guys"?

Right.


How do you know? have you been to NK? i bet the only reports you hear about NK come from western news sources? The same mediums used to make you believe what they want youto believe.
You are being brainwashed and obviously your to stupid to realise.



posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dotcom


You are being brainwashed and obviously your to stupid to realise.



So by the same logic how do you know he/she is wrong?


Edit to be politically correct he/she


[edit on 2-7-2009 by SLAYER69]



posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentX09
NK may not be a world threat(yet)but they are certainly the ones making the war cries on a daily basis.Or is all those"act of war"decrees propoganda as well?


How can NK possibly ever be a world threat? they only have a population of 23,479,088 (as of 2008). How do you suggest they plan on taking over the world? (if they ever plan to?)
offcoarse its propaganda.
If anyone is a world threat it is the U.S, which has caused more wars and more deaths throughout the world than any other country.



posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by dotcom


You are being brainwashed and obviously your to stupid to realise.



So by the same logic how do you know he is wrong?


I dont. But what i do know, is that there are alot of stupid people that just blindly believe what they are told. instead of using there minds, thinking, and doing their own research.
'Iraq has weapons of mass destruction, and we must stop them'
OMG, we MUST stop them



posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dotcom

If anyone is a world threat it is the U.S, which has caused more wars and more deaths throughout the world than any other country.


OK lets see the data on that claim...




posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by dotcom

If anyone is a world threat it is the U.S, which has caused more wars and more deaths throughout the world than any other country.


OK lets see the data on that claim...



the well known ones:

cold war - United States provided foreign military aid and direct involvement in proxy wars against the Soviet Union

Korean war - The Korean War was a conflict between the United States and its United Nations allies and the communist powers of the Soviet Union
36,516 dead americans

vietnam war (aka American war) 58,209 dead americans
including 3 to 4 million Vietnamese from both sides, 1.5 to 2 million Laotians and Cambodians.


Gulf war - conflict between Iraq and a coalition force of 34 nations led by the United States 299 dead americans

Afghanistan - invasion of Afghanistan 677 dead americans
8,028 dead civilians due to u.s. military actions

Iraq - invasion of Iraq 4,300 dead americans
total casualties of the iraq war (military + civilians) 1,033,000

(i really should have put the information in all at once, instead of editing it so many times lol)


[edit on 2-7-2009 by dotcom]

[edit on 2-7-2009 by dotcom]

[edit on 2-7-2009 by dotcom]

[edit on 2-7-2009 by dotcom]



posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dotcom
cold war - United States provided foreign military aid and direct involvement in proxy wars against the Soviet Union

Korean war - The Korean War was a conflict between the United States and its United Nations allies and the communist powers of the Soviet Union
36,516* dead americans

vietnam war (aka American war) 58,209* dead americans


Very good I was hoping you would post these.

Let me ask you a question?

Who was financing, funding and supplying arms to the other side of these conflicts? So lets collectively add up those numbers as well. Oh yeah how many did the Russians kill in Afghanistan when they were there? How many did they loose?

Everybody likes to bring up Vietnam. Who was supporting the North oh yeah

China and Russia.
Dont they have blood on their hands as well?

Supporting the North Koreans? China?
Who invaded first?


Edit to add

Nice editing after the facts



[edit on 2-7-2009 by SLAYER69]



posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69


Very good I was hoping you would post these.

Let me ask you a question?

Who was financing, funding and supplying arms to the other side of these conflicts? So lets collectively add up those numbers as well. Oh yeah how many did the Russians kill in Afghanistan when they were there? How many did they loose?

Everybody likes to bring up Vietnam. Who was supporting the North oh yeah

China and Russia.
Dont they have blood on their hands as well?

Supporting the North Koreans? China?
Who invaded first?



[edit on 2-7-2009 by SLAYER69]


Its very amusing how Americans believe they are the good guys in every situation. spreading world peace
or 'saving' the world from 'evil' regimes.


How about we look at the bigger picture.
Where do people usually get their financing from? Banks.
The largest banks in the world?
Citigroup
Barclays
HSBC
JP Morgan
AIG

Who in turn own stock in the majority of banks throughout the world.

but hold on... arent these all western banks?

so when you think about it, where are all these 'evil' countries getting all the money to finance their evil wars and regimes?



posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dotcom
Its very amusing how Americans believe they are the good guys in every situation. spreading world peace
or 'saving' the world from 'evil' regimes.


Who said anything about us being the good guys?

I think you're confusing recent "pop culture" Opinion about the US and the Cold war history back then we had massive support from the west.



posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by dotcom
Its very amusing how Americans believe they are the good guys in every situation. spreading world peace
or 'saving' the world from 'evil' regimes.


Who said anything about us being the good guys?

I think you're confusing recent "pop culture" Opinion about the US and the Cold war history back then we had massive support from the west.


'leaders of the free world'

'the war on terror'

its what the population are lead to believe



posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by dotcom
Its very amusing how Americans believe they are the good guys in every situation. spreading world peace
or 'saving' the world from 'evil' regimes.


Who said anything about us being the good guys?

I think you're confusing recent "pop culture" Opinion about the US and the Cold war history back then we had massive support from the west.


Yeah, but back then "the west" was under the gun, and couldn't afford to talk trash about their allies. Now, it's cool for 'em, they're tickled pink with their.. well... PINK governments, and they don't need help any more.

So they think.

It's pretty easy for some folks these days to leave their friends for dead, maybe even plant a boot in their ribs, for the sake of "political expediency".

I think when the evil day comes again, and it surely will as long as humans are around, their former "friends" should just say "go 'way now. I'm busy binding my ribs. Deal with it, and y'all have a nice day."

But we won't. We remember Rudyard Kipling's poem "Tommy". Where WAS that guy from again? He had some kind of military experience, didn't he?



[edit on 2009/7/2 by nenothtu]



posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by dotcom


'leaders of the free world'





That's exactly right....

I know the younger generation finds that hard to believe but there was a time when the US earned that title. If you follow history then you may learn that back in the day of multi-polar world when the earth as pretty much divided in two camps the US/West and the East the USSR/China then the reference to that phrase stands.

But like many they like to take everything out of context.

I know you might find that hard to believe
Leader of the Free World

The Leader of the Free World is an expression, primarily used during the Cold War, to describe the President of the United States. The phrase implies that the U.S. president as leader of the principal democratic superpower of the time was, by extension, the leader of all the worlds’ democratic nations. Although it had a Cold War origin, it is still used.[1] In addition, the phrase is sometimes used satirically when either the president or the United States engages in behavior that other nations disagree with.



posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

That's exactly right....

I know the younger generation finds that hard to believe but there was a time when the US earned that title. If you follow history then you may learn that back in the day of multi-polar world when the earth as pretty much divided in two camps the US/West and the East the USSR/China then the reference to that phrase stands.

But like many they like to take everything out of context.

I know you might find that hard to believe
Leader of the Free World

The Leader of the Free World is an expression, primarily used during the Cold War, to describe the President of the United States. The phrase implies that the U.S. president as leader of the principal democratic superpower of the time was, by extension, the leader of all the worlds’ democratic nations. Although it had a Cold War origin, it is still used.[1] In addition, the phrase is sometimes used satirically when either the president or the United States engages in behavior that other nations disagree with.




If you think about it though, with the amount of propaganda used by the west during this period, it is unclear whether the east was ever a threat.

Communism, in reality, has only ever been a threat to big business.
And the west is dominated by big business, which makes you think about the fact that the leader of the free world, technically, isnt even free, as he works for the corporations.



posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dotcom

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by dotcom
Its very amusing how Americans believe they are the good guys in every situation. spreading world peace
or 'saving' the world from 'evil' regimes.


Who said anything about us being the good guys?

I think you're confusing recent "pop culture" Opinion about the US and the Cold war history back then we had massive support from the west.


'leaders of the free world'

'the war on terror'

its what the population are lead to believe


I'm lost. Please help me connect the dots. What does any of the concepts you mentioned have to do with either "good guys" or "bad guys"?

I'm all for the US getting out of the "Leader of the free world" business. The rest of the "free world" ought to be able to lead itself, and in any event it appears to be a total loss now anyhow.



posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dotcom

Communism, in reality, has only ever been a threat to big business.
And the west is dominated by big business, which makes you think about the fact that the leader of the free world, technically, isnt even free, as he works for the corporations.


I'm sorry I'm old enough to remember communist tanks running over women in Czechoslovakia, and Romania on the news. Dont let modern ant-American Views cload the real history behind communism.



It was a very real threat. Just ask older East Germans. Or anybody who got caught behind the Iron Curtain.


[edit on 2-7-2009 by SLAYER69]



posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dotcom

Communism, in reality, has only ever been a threat to big business.

I'm personally acquainted with some Russian, Vietnamese, Montagnard, Laotioan, and Polish Cold War refugees that would beg to differ.

Sorry, I'm not acquainted with any Chinese or Cuban refugees personally, but I'm willing to bet they'd agree with the rest.



new topics

top topics



 
4
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join