It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I am A 911 Conspiracy Theorist!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Why I am A 911 Conspiracy Theorist!

Looking back twenty years ago a conspiracy theorist had a reputation of wearing a tin foil hat and had a distrust of authority and governments. These people were considered nut jobs at best, and most of us would just laugh at their crazy conspiracy theories and not think to much about them.

However, the world has changed. Because of 911, our laws were changed, laws against our constitution were passed, our government grew, our military grew, and a year later, we went to war.

On 911 I was at home, I watch the whole event on television, and I can say I was in total shock and in disbelief. Emotionally I felt angry and unsafe. When George Bush came on television several days later and announced that who ever knocked over our buildings (WTC) we will get them. I wanted our country to go to war; we were told that Ben Laden and 19 hijackers were responsible for 911. Now back then even in 2002 I had a lot of faith in our government and I didn’t question the events of 911, I just went about my business as usual and I believed what I heard on the News and the Newspaper and on the radio. I was happy that we were going to war and I knew we would get our revenge, and we would show the world that we Americans were not going to tolerate terrorism on our soil.

As time went on, I noticed changes in TV broadcasting and how the News was being delivered. It was turning more into entertainment, it was almost comical. I noticed less information being told about the war and no discussion about 911. Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan were more important. In fact I started to see people being ridiculed and called names by the TV News reporters. I found this rather disturbing. Back then I used to watch a TV show called Glen Beck and I thought he was humorous, and I liked a lot of his topics. Nevertheless, all that came to a screeching halt when Glen Beck had a guest on his show who was “only asking questions” that had never been asked, or answered by our government. I sat in horror watching Glen Beck insult and ridicule this good man to no end. It was truly disturbing to say the least, that was the last time I watched his show. As more time passed I could not understand why our government wasn’t giving us any information about the 911 events. There still wasn’t any investigation, or any commission to make inquires as to what happened that day. There were too many questions and no answers. Soon I decided to turn my attention to the internet where I had a few News outlets that I trusted and they had no connection with mainstream News. I noticed our media was only telling half-truths or not reporting important events going on in our government or overseas events. Television was keeping us, the American viewers, in the dark.

In 2004 I stared my research on the events of 911. The deeper I dug I began to see a major cover-up. I realized the OS of 911 lacked all the evidence in every detail. I was amazed how many people were looking for the answers to the same questions that I was looking for.

Now I want to get to the hart of my discussion, it is now 2009 and our government refuses to answers any of our questions concerning the events of 911. In fact our government is hiding all the events of 911 in total secrecy. The only answer we got from the government was The 911 commission report. This was a “white wash”, the FEMA report which ended up contradicting the NIST report. and the NIST report, which came out later, was “full of phony science and distortions.” It is a snake pit of lies and distortions. I know this because I spent years weeding though mountains of lies, disinformation, distortions, media spin, and propaganda.

All I have ever wanted was the truth about what really happened on 911 and now the media is saying if you ask questions about 911 you are being unpatriotic, and you hate your country, or you support terrorism, that you are a nut job, a Holocaust denier, and so on.

Now I came across this article in The US News site here on the internet and it is called "The Inner Worlds of Conspiracy Believers."

(continued below)

[edit on 28-5-2009 by impressme]

[edit on 28-5-2009 by impressme]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   

The Inner Worlds of Conspiracy Believers

Shortly after terrorist attacks destroyed the World Trade Center and mangled the Pentagon on September 11, 2001, conspiracy theories blossomed about secret and malevolent government plots behind the tragic events. A report scheduled to appear in an upcoming Applied Cognitive Psychology offers a preliminary psychological profile of people who believe in 9/11 conspiracies.

www.usnews.com...

Anyway I found the article disturbing to say the lease, however there are some facts, that are true concerning some of the report of the psychological profiles of people who believe in 911 conspiracies. However, I disagree with some of it. In my opinion this article was written to get people to stop listening to people who oppose the OS of 911. It is like saying ignore any one who speaks out against the OS they are delusional and have an active imagination.

“It seems likely that conspiratorial beliefs serve a similar psychological function to superstitious, paranormal and, more controversially, religious beliefs, as they help some people to gain a sense of control over an unpredictable world,” French says.

This is sadly what one psychologist really believes. To me this is a way to discredit people who have discovered the truth of 911 and who speak out against the OS.

Follow the link below to read why I disagree with these Psychologists and why I will hold on to my beliefs that 911 might be an inside job, or at lease a major cover-up.

[EX] WEDNESDAY, MAY 27, 2009
Psychologists Weigh In On 9/11
A new article in U.S. News & World Report quotes a couple of psychologists, one sociologist and one historian to argue that people who question the government's version of 9/11 are prone to false thinking.
Initially, remember that, while there are many honorable psychologists and psychiatrists, psychologists helped to create the U.S. torture program, and actively participated in it.
Also, psychologists - such as Freud's nephew Edward Bernays - have been central to propaganda efforts for a century (see this, this and this).
Moreover, many mental health professionals have concluded that the official version of 9/11 is false, and that those who believe the official version suffer from emotional problems or defense mechanisms. For example:
www.washingtonsblog.com...
Please read the article in its entirety. I don’t need to be a conspiracy theorist to understand quotes that came from some of our leaders in Washington about 911.

The Commission's co-chairs said that the CIA (and likely the White House) "obstructed our investigation"

Uh, we knew that but I am glad they have come out and said it.

Indeed, they said that the 9/11 Commissioners knew that military officials misrepresented the facts to the Commission, and the Commission considered recommending criminal charges for such false statements

This is coming from the 911 commissioners. Why did they go along and print the commission report if they knew they were being lied to?

9/11 Commissioner Bob Kerrey said that "There are ample reasons to suspect that there may be some alternative to what we outlined in our version . . . We didn't have access . . . ."

No they didn’t have access to anything because the Bush administration would not allow it.

9/11 Commissioner Timothy Roemer said "We were extremely frustrated with the false statements we were getting"

Then why did they go along with it?

9/11 Commissioner Max Cleland resigned from the Commission, stating: "It is a national scandal"; "This investigation is now compromised"; and "One of these days we will have to get the full story because the 9-11 issue is so important to America. But this White House wants to cover it up"

One side of our government has admitted that we have been lied to about the events of 911 and then the other side of our government is saying don’t listen to those important creditable people because…. I am still waiting, however I do know men like those that were running the 911 commission were not out to destroy their own careers.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I know what you mean.

But after reading the article written about that psychologist, one thing I will say - is that he says

Goertzel says the new study provides an intriguing but partial look at the inner workings of conspiracy thinking. Such convictions critically depend on what he calls “selective skepticism.” Conspiracy believers are highly doubtful about information from the government or other sources they consider suspect. But, without criticism, believers accept any source that supports their preconceived views, he says.

I have found this to be true from firsthand experience.

I will say that I also noticed the same things as you. TV nowadays, tends to "dumb down" people with all these reality shows which quite frankly I deteste and refuse to have on in my house. I do watch TV, but only for sitcoms, sport etc. All the news I read is from either this website, that has links to more reliable sources than the MSM, or certain websites which have nothing to do with the MSM.

Good post OP S+F

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Nah you aren't a 9/11 conspiracy theorist. And neither are we. We are just average people who see that the evidence does not match the claims of the official story, and want answers as to why.

Even in the face of derision and ridicule, the inconsistencies are so great that the strong willed have maintained the pressure, continued the research, and not caved in. Desire for the truth is so powerful that it has changed many of our lives, cost us a lot of money, and cost us some friends.

Those that died on 9/11 can at least rest assured that some of us do care enough about them that we have sacrificed much of our own lives to uncover the truth. And we will continue until we are either dead or until the truth is revealed and the real murderers brought to justice.

We know deep inside that something is way wrong with 9/11. And if it was just one thing, I think many of us would just let it go. But it is so many things that the persistent cannot, and will not, just accept the official fairy tale.

We may differ in theories and even have heated arguments about the various aspects of 9/11, but I think I can safely say that for most of us the driving force is the same: True justice for the victims. The resulting discoveries of other evil aspects of the NWO have come as byproducts of the 9/11 investigations for many of us.

The MSM have really proven themselves to be the worst conspiracy theorists by accepting the official story with no investigation of their own. It is sad that we are having to do it for them- when they really have all the resources, contacts and professional journalists to break this thing wide open. The difference is we don't have direct orders from the top to shut up.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
So basically people like our founding fathers are all nutjobs for saying things like:

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" Benjamin Franklin.

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive" Thomas Jefferson

And they call conspiracy theorists unpatriotic, or terrorism sympathetic. Bah! I say. I call it the first amendment.

[edit on 28-5-2009 by shanerz]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

911 is the only event I just cannot let go. What bothers me is the secrecy and how the government hides behind “national security” What for? It’s been eight years; I suppose our government is waiting for Bush and Cheney to die before they release the truth. I believe, they do not want it written in our history books that we had to execute an American president and vice president for being involved in mass murder, or maybe how angry Americans went on a rampage and lynched an ex president and vise president and got their own justices in a horrific way.

top topics

join